Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Oct 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Yep....justice served! I remember I met ALL-PRO wide-receiver Drew Pearson through my brothe...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Yep....justice served!

I remember I met ALL-PRO wide-receiver Drew Pearson through my brother who knew several Cowboys. Drew had already retired...and the Cowboys were busy winning Super Bowls in the 90's. Drew Pearson unequivocally... is one of the nicest guys I've ever met "ex-jock" or not. So we were talking and I reminded him (Gerard and I at least agreed there was "pushing off" by both he and Paul Krause) of the 50 yard catch he made against the Vikes to advance us to the NFC Championship Game against the Rams. Roger Staubach threw the "Hail Mary" pass out of desperation and Drew caught it....remarkably on his hip. I said, "Drew, Roger was not the only one saying a "Hail Mary" that day!" Like the true gentleman he is....he said, "Oh, maybe yours was the one that did it"~

--hide--

laughing I liked Drew Pearson but I couldn't stand Hollywood Henderson.
Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Oh come on Linda, you're not a loser! The season is long and there are many more picks to be...
(Quote) David-562122 said:

Oh come on Linda, you're not a loser! The season is long and there are many more picks to be made. Just make sure you try to get yourself into the top four by the end of the regular season.
--hide--
I think I have a plan to get myself into the top four.....

I'll just wait until you've posted your weekly picks..... and then I'll just piggy back off of you. laughing laughing scratchchin

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: I liked Drew Pearson but I couldn't stand Hollywood Henderson.
(Quote) David-562122 said:

I liked Drew Pearson but I couldn't stand Hollywood Henderson.
--hide--
I am with you there David. Landry had had enough of him..and cut him loose. I didn't even get to shake his hand one time while he was still playing...b/c he was so full of himself...and strung out on controlled substances and adult beverage! But I met him about 7 years ago...after he had gotten himself sober and straight. He had at least 15 years under his belt. This time I DID meet a much humbler man...who took the time to speak to me and my son. It was refreshing to see a guy so changed. On a funnier note....he had gotten really bad when he first got out of football and was in and out rehab and centers....and people were calling him "Hospital Henderson"

Oct 16th 2012 new
(Quote) Linda-624584 said: I think I have a plan to get myself into the top four..... I'll just wait u...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

I think I have a plan to get myself into the top four.....

I'll just wait until you've posted your weekly picks..... and then I'll just piggy back off of you.

--hide--

laughing laughing Sounds like a plan! You little devil you! mischievous
Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: (Quote) David-562122 said: Okay gang, this is my final addition to the rules for ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Quote:
David-562122 said: Okay gang, this is my final addition to the rules for our inaugural season. During the off-season we can review how things went and make some adjustments if needed.

For the playoffs, each game will count for 5 pts. So, this is a good way of catching up in the standings down the stretch. However, in order to make the regular season performance relevant, I want to add this rule.

All players will be eligible for the Wild Card Weekend, the first round of playoff games. However, after the results of Wild Card Weekend, only the top 5 players will advance to the next round of the playoffs, the Divisional Playoff Weekend. After the results of the Divisional Playoff Weekend are in, only the top 4 players will advance to the next round of the playoffs, Championship Game Sunday. Finally, after the results of Championship Game Sunday are in, the finalists, the top two players in the standings, will advance to the Salvation Bowl which will be the final pick of the year-the Super Bowl.

So, make sure you stay close enough in the standings to keep advancing in the playoffs.

Nice added feature, David. However, even this won't help a "LOSER" like me. Look at it this way though, I'm NO threat to anyone.

--hide--

Linda,

You are no loser. That fact you participate makes you a winner. Remember - the real winners in life don't base their success on X's and O's. The season is not quite 1/2 finished. You have plenty of time to come on strong. You have been a great sport. I believe I can speak for the guys that we thoroughly enjoy you and Nancy participating weekly.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Oct 16th 2012 new

As David reported, I got six right. Ugh!!!!!

Before I offer my picks, I watched every agonizing play of the Packers/Texans. For being a home game against a great team, they did not seem to show much emotion. What makes it even worse, they were playing before a national audience. Ouch!! Hopefully this Sunday against the Ravens, they will regroup, play far better and oh, win.

As usual, home teams in bold:

The Falcons, Broncos, Chiefs, Dolphins, Eagles and Chargers have a bye week.

I am not choosing any of Dave's upset picks.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

49ers over the Seahawks

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Titans over the Bills

Cowboys over the Panthers

Texans over the Ravens

Colts over the Browns

Vikings over the Cardinals

Giants over the Redskins

Packers over the Rams

Buccaneers over the Saints

Patriots over the Jets

Jaguars over the Raiders

Steelers over the Bengals

Monday, October 22, 2012

Bears over the Lions (sorry Linda)

I wish everyone well with their picks.

Blessings to all, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: As David reported, I got six right. Ugh!!!!!Before I offer my picks, I watched every ...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

As David reported, I got six right. Ugh!!!!!

Before I offer my picks, I watched every agonizing play of the Packers/Texans. For being a home game against a great team, they did not seem to show much emotion. What makes it even worse, they were playing before a national audience. Ouch!! Hopefully this Sunday against the Ravens, they will regroup, play far better and oh, win.

As usual, home teams in bold:

The Falcons, Broncos, Chiefs, Dolphins, Eagles and Chargers have a bye week.

--hide--

I am not choosing any of Dave's upset picks.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

49ers over the Seahawks

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Bills over the Titans

Cowboys over the Panthers

Texans over the Ravens

Colts over the Browns

Cardinals over the Vikings

Giants over the Redskins

Packers over the Rams

Saints over the Buccaneers

Patriots over the Jets

Raiders over the Jaguars

Steelers over the Bengals

Monday, October 22, 2012

Bears over the Lions

(yeah...sorry Linda..I think the will come out of "hibernation" refreshed)

Oct 16th 2012 new

--hide--
I don't think I have picked any (of David's upsets) either, Leon

And Linda and Nancy, yes it is really neat to have both of you in here with us. Shows you like football like us dudes!

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: SURVEY QUESTION:What "out-of-market" teams are popular,in your area?<...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

SURVEY QUESTION:What "out-of-market" teams are popular,in your area?

Here in Dolphin Territory,the following non-local teams(in no particular order) have strong support:Patriots,Cowboys,Packers,Steelers,Jets,Giants,and Raiders.

What teams thrive in your neck of the woods?

The Bears, Packers, Bengal and Steelers are big in the Indy market

--hide--

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Linda,You are no loser. That fact you participate makes you a winner. Remember - t...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Linda,

You are no loser. That fact you participate makes you a winner. Remember - the real winners in life don't base their success on X's and O's. The season is not quite 1/2 finished. You have plenty of time to come on strong. You have been a great sport. I believe I can speak for the guys that we thoroughly enjoy you and Nancy participating weekly.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--

Thank you Leon and Jerry. I thoroughly enjoy reading the posts you guys share with so much depth and history ... it's fun. Having 5 older brothers, I grew up watching and throwing the football with them and still have friendly banters back and forth. Thanks for having this forum.

Posts 51 - 60 of 200