Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Nice added feature, David. However, even this won't help a "LOSER" like me. Look at...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Nice added feature, David. However, even this won't help a "LOSER" like me. Look at it this way though, I'm NO threat to anyone.

--hide--

Awe ... it's all in fun.

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) David-562122 said: Interview with head coach David of the Dominicans.... CM reporter: I'm here...
(Quote) David-562122 said: Interview with head coach David of the Dominicans....

CM reporter: I'm here with head coach of the Dominicans David. David, you've opened up your largest lead this season...6 pts over the 2nd place team Nancy's New School Nuns..What do you attribute your success to so far this season?

David: Well, for one thing, I don't want to get my knuckles cracked by those New School Nuns so we want as much distance between us and them as possible. 6 pts. can evaporate faster than a New York minute in Catholic Match League Football....As far as the success of the Doms, i would have to say its our QB, the "Fat Ox", St. Thomas Aquinas...The man is so huge, he is virutally impossible to sack or bring down...He's like Big Ben Roethlisberger, he extends the plays by shrugging off would be tacklers...Then we have the heart and soul of the Dominicans, St. Dominic, at RB...He's the Marshall Faulk of the Doms. He can catch the ball out of the backfield and take a screen pass to the house, or he can beat you up with his "slash and burn" running style...

CM Reporter: Who came up with the idea of painting Dominican monk style hair cuts on the helmets. Its the newest rage in the Catholic League.

David: That was St. Thomas Aquinas' idea. I wasn't sure about it, but you know what they say, "there's no arguing against Aquinas."

CM Reporter: Thanks for your time David

David: Sure thing.
--hide--

ROFL!!! clap Very clever!! Thanks for the laugh.

Oct 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-513644 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Linda,You are no loser. That fac...
(Quote) Nancy-513644 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Linda,

You are no loser. That fact you participate makes you a winner. Remember - the real winners in life don't base their success on X's and O's. The season is not quite 1/2 finished. You have plenty of time to come on strong. You have been a great sport. I believe I can speak for the guys that we thoroughly enjoy you and Nancy participating weekly.

Blessings,

Leon

Thank you Leon and Jerry. I thoroughly enjoy reading the posts you guys share with so much depth and history ... it's fun. Having 5 older brothers, I grew up watching and throwing the football with them and still have friendly banters back and forth. Thanks for having this forum.

--hide--

Nancy,

Glad you have enjoyed this thread and hope you stay all the way. For the record, Gerard started the NFL thread last year and has done a wonderful job. I know we are all grateful for his efforts.

Blessings, Praying hug rose

Leon

Oct 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-513644 said: Awe ... it's all in fun.
(Quote) Nancy-513644 said:

Awe ... it's all in fun.

--hide--
Hey Nancy, wave

I know it's all in fun. I'm truly enjoying it. I sure don't let my "lack of skill" in picking winners upset me. I'm just having a little fun at my own expense. laughing laughing

By the way, congrats on your standings so far. YOU ROCK!!! clap Bow

Oct 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Linda,You are no loser. That fact you participate makes you a winner. Remember - t...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Linda,

You are no loser. That fact you participate makes you a winner. Remember - the real winners in life don't base their success on X's and O's. The season is not quite 1/2 finished. You have plenty of time to come on strong. You have been a great sport. I believe I can speak for the guys that we thoroughly enjoy you and Nancy participating weekly.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Aww, thanks Leon. I'm enjoying participating in the thread. I don't take the losses seriously, it's just fun hanging out with the guys and having someone to share my love of the game with. If I never picked another winner, that would be okay, as i still get to hang with the boys. wink shhh

Oct 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I don't think I have picked any (of David's upsets) either, LeonAnd Linda and Nan...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

I don't think I have picked any (of David's upsets) either, Leon

And Linda and Nancy, yes it is really neat to have both of you in here with us. Shows you like football like us dudes!

--hide--
Aww, thanks Jerry. Nice to have you guys accept us so openly. It's great sharing my love of football with the "Dudes"!!

And Jerry, the stories you guys post are great. Keep em coming!! You get a Gold Star! wave

Oct 17th 2012 new

--hide--
Even though some of Leon's content from his post shows....my picks are still a little different than his

Oct 17th 2012 new

Linda's Laity....week 7 picks. New approach this week....gonna pick the opposite team than what I think will win!! laughing laughing

Thursday Night....

Seahawks over 49ers

Sunday games....

Bills over Titans

Cowboys over Panthers (Okay, this one is still about loyality)

Texans over Ravens

Colts over Browns

Cardinals over Vikings

Giants over Redskins

Packers over Rams

Buccaneers over Saints

Jets over Patriots

Jaguars over Raiders

Steelers over Bengals

Monday Night...

Bears over Lions (Oh My!!)

Good luck to all!! biggrin

Oct 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Linda's Laity....week 7 picks. New approach this week....gonna pick the opposite team than wh...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Linda's Laity....week 7 picks. New approach this week....gonna pick the opposite team than what I think will win!!

Thursday Night....

Seahawks over 49ers

Sunday games....

Bills over Titans

Cowboys over Panthers (Okay, this one is still about loyality)

Texans over Ravens

Colts over Browns

Cardinals over Vikings

Giants over Redskins

Packers over Rams

Buccaneers over Saints

Jets over Patriots

Jaguars over Raiders

Steelers over Bengals

Monday Night...

Bears over Lions (Oh My!!)

Good luck to all!!

--hide--
Lions and Tigers (winning) and Bears oh my!.....

Oct 17th 2012 new

People will argue this one until the "cows come home" and yes I DO know Barry Sanders was a sensational football player. And I witnessed him personally take the Cowboys apart at Texas Stadium; but my unanimous choice for best runner EVER in the NFL was Jim Brown. His 12,312 yards in 9 years was quite and accomplishment since there were some 12 and 14 game seasons in there. He once had 232 yards rushing against us...and ALWAYS had a good day. (if you held him to 100 yards, you were doing good) I personally got to see this "man against boys" at the Cotton Bowl. He could run, catch passes and even throw the fullback pass sometimes. At 6'2" and 232 lbs with a 44 inch chest and 32 inch waist..he was an awesome physical specimen. And the only one with bigger thighs than him (32 inch) was Earl Campbell (34) Robert Newhouse may have had 34 thighs...but never was the runner those two were. Barry Sanders own DAD said, "Son you're good...but not as good as Jim Brown." And Jim's 5.2 yards per carry (lifetime) beats Barry's 5.0 (though a remarkable feat in itself)

NOTE: This is how strong the man was: The game I was fortunate enough to see him play he was running for a touchdown and our linebacker; Dave Edwards made the mistake of trying to tackle him high (instead of wrapping him low) Jim dragged him while his fingers were sliding right down his #32 jersey and off. (he said it tore two fingernails nearly off!)

So, there you have my vote for the best running back ever!

Posts 61 - 70 of 200