Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

10/28/2012 new
I have a story for you. It is a series of miracles and it's about two people whose goodness I can only hope to approach one day. My sister and my Mom. My sister is a breast cancer survivor. She was diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer and went through a double mastectomy and the torture (for her at least) of chemotherapy. Lost all her hair, all that. She was pregnant before she was diagnosed and the baby was not going to make it. Though she had four girls before this, her body was not accommodating this time. Something was wrong. Shortly she lost the baby naturally and soon was diagnosed with cancer. She believes that her baby saved her life. She named her baby Francis. After the chemo and all the treatments she was clean but was told it was possible the cancer would metastasize. Some time later (a year? two? I forget the exact passage of time), she began having trouble with her back. She tried different chairs and beds, but nothing was working. The cancer had returned and wrapped itself around her spine. Mom, who I call a saint without hesitation, was praying for her, and suffering herself with her all this time. My sister went in for surgery, at one of the best cancer treatment facilities anywhere. The surgeon, after the surgery, said to my brother in law that he'd never seen anything like it. The cancer, which had wrapped around her spinal cord, was extracted like jelly. Clearly there was damage to her spine, but for the cancer to be taken out with such ease... She had no cancer in her checks for years. But then, she began having back pain again. She got it checked and was told, by the same excellent facility that the cancer was back. She was to go in for an emergency MRI before they were to go ahead with another surgery. Her whole family was praying for her with various intercession, including to Blessed Seelos and to Blessed Mother Teresa. Mom was praying for her. My sister told her husband on the way to the hospital that she wasn't going to make it this time. She knew this was it. At the hospital after the MRI, the technician peeked into the room meekly and said, "You're OK. We made a mistake." The MRI was clean. The thing is, that place doesn't make mistakes. They just don't. The back pain was real. The diagnosis was real. My sister knew it was Mom's prayers that made the difference. A week later my Mom passed away with my sister and another of my sisters praying the glorious mysteries of the rosary by her bedside. I am not sure how either one of them would feel about me sharing this story, except that I know they'd both be glad if it inspires even one person to greater faith. I'm thankful for them both and really grateful for the series of miracles that saved my sister's life. By the way, now my sister and brother in law have a grandson named Francis. God bless.
10/28/2012 new
(Quote) John-746882 said: I have a story for you. It is a series of miracles and it's about two people whose goodness I can only hope to ...
(Quote) John-746882 said: I have a story for you. It is a series of miracles and it's about two people whose goodness I can only hope to approach one day. My sister and my Mom. My sister is a breast cancer survivor. She was diagnosed with aggressive breast cancer and went through a double mastectomy and the torture (for her at least) of chemotherapy. Lost all her hair, all that. She was pregnant before she was diagnosed and the baby was not going to make it. Though she had four girls before this, her body was not accommodating this time. Something was wrong. Shortly she lost the baby naturally and soon was diagnosed with cancer. She believes that her baby saved her life. She named her baby Francis.

After the chemo and all the treatments she was clean but was told it was possible the cancer would metastasize. Some time later (a year? two? I forget the exact passage of time), she began having trouble with her back. She tried different chairs and beds, but nothing was working. The cancer had returned and wrapped itself around her spine. Mom, who I call a saint without hesitation, was praying for her, and suffering herself with her all this time. My sister went in for surgery, at one of the best cancer treatment facilities anywhere. The surgeon, after the surgery, said to my brother in law that he'd never seen anything like it. The cancer, which had wrapped around her spinal cord, was extracted like jelly. Clearly there was damage to her spine, but for the cancer to be taken out with such ease... She had no cancer in her checks for years. But then, she began having back pain again. She got it checked and was told, by the same excellent facility that the cancer was back. She was to go in for an emergency MRI before they were to go ahead with another surgery. Her whole family was praying for her with various intercession, including to Blessed Seelos and to Blessed Mother Teresa. Mom was praying for her. My sister told her husband on the way to the hospital that she wasn't going to make it this time. She knew this was it. At the hospital after the MRI, the technician peeked into the room meekly and said, "You're OK. We made a mistake." The MRI was clean. The thing is, that place doesn't make mistakes. They just don't. The back pain was real. The diagnosis was real. My sister knew it was Mom's prayers that made the difference. A week later my Mom passed away with my sister and another of my sisters praying the glorious mysteries of the rosary by her bedside. I am not sure how either one of them would feel about me sharing this story, except that I know they'd both be glad if it inspires even one person to greater faith. I'm thankful for them both and really grateful for the series of miracles that saved my sister's life. By the way, now my sister and brother in law have a grandson named Francis. God bless.
--hide--

Thank you for sharing!!

Yesterday I found out that a young man & his wife has a new baby. I know to most this would not seem like a miracle, except for one thing, this young couple got married knowing he would never be able to give her children even though they are both in their 20's. He first got cancer in high school, it was a tumor the size of a baseball in his chest, then a few years later he had cancer again, this time they told him the treatments would make him infertile. So yes having a baby a couple of months ago & she is a healthy little girl is a miracle indeed....Praise God for blessing his family.... Praying angel
10/28/2012 new
Oh my gosh that is an awesome story. Thanks Brenda.
10/28/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: Time to be inspired! Remember this 'miracles' thread from a couple years back? I as...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

Time to be inspired!

Remember this 'miracles' thread from a couple years back? I asked you to share any miracles you have experienced and you filled an entire thread with your inspirational and timeless stories. They are so amazing, many of you mentioned to me how you couldn't stop reading them!

At a time when many are struggling with discouragement and uncertainty, I thought you might want to peruse some of these great stories and/or post a new one.

May they serve as a powerful reminder that with God, all things are possible.

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

The greatest miracle is the Eucharist along with the gift of faith to recognize that His Real Presence is their. That we are healed every time we receive Him with an open heart, mind and soul. The wonderful things that happen both big and small wink biggrin

10/28/2012 new

St. Anthony is known to move things...a place that you looked over and over will suddenly, when you look again have the item there.

10/28/2012 new

My Dad had gone into the hospital to have a toe removed as it would not heal. Shortly thereafter he had a stroke and was confined to a veterans center in Washington. I happened to have the day off and got a whim to go see him...I just got in my car and went.

When I arrived the first thing, after greeting him was his laundry, as that is the family's responsibility.

I then noticed that with his stroke he hadn't been able to shave well. I asked him if he would like me to shave him. He said "You'd do that for me?" I found a razor and some shave cream and shaved his face.

I asked him if he wanted to play cribbage and he said he didn't feel up to it...so we went for a walk, him in his wheel chair. We walked and talked about everything from childhood to adulthood. When we got back to the center I said "That was a nice walk." He said "That wasn't a walk, that was a ride!"

He ate the best dinner ever with me fixing his fork or spoon. The nurses were teasing him that they were going to put his bed on the floor so he wouldn't fall out of bed again, his reply was "Oh Bushwah". It is German for a phrase....(you figure it out!)

As I was taking him back to his bed the nurse felt his head and said he had a low grade fever. As I was getting him back in bed I noticed his feet had an odor. I got some clean socks and a pan of water and bathed his feet. I told him while doing this that when he passed I really didn't want anything as "I couldn't use any more bills!" His reply again was again "Oh Bushwah!" (His room mate thought that was pretty funny. By the way his nurse had been a Benedicton Sister when I was younger and had been my piano teacher in Oregon.)

I kissed him and told him goodbye. Within 30 minutes of my leaving he was admitted to Oregon Health Science Center in Portland where he passed away that evening.

I always thank God that I listened to that "Whim" and went to see him.

A friend came to me shortly thereafter and took me aside. She said she didn't know what it meant but she had a dream that she was walking on beach and she heard a man's voice. He told her to "Tell Jane I'm alright." Dad always loved the beach and I remember distinctly walking with him there.

I know that he is with God as he was a devout Catholic-Christian man who did the 7 corporal works of mercy without a word about it. He always made the sign of the cross when passing a church, he was at Sunday Mass no matter what and was never hurtful to anyone.

10/28/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: The greatest miracle is the Eucharist along with the gift of faith to recognize that His Re...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

The greatest miracle is the Eucharist along with the gift of faith to recognize that His Real Presence is their. That we are healed every time we receive Him with an open heart, mind and soul. The wonderful things that happen both big and small

--hide--

Whether I would constitute this as a miracle - I leave that up to God - My mother had a stroke many years ago and was unconscious for at least 5 days. As I went back and forth to the hospital, I am talking to God sharing things with Him. One morning I get in my car to go to work but before I left for work I stopped at the hospital. In the car, I am having a conversation wtih God. O.k. God, could you let me know what is going on, is this it or what scratchchin As I sat there the thought came to me, as people give permission for people to die, give your mother permision to live. So I go up to the hospital room and I bend over and tell my mother in her ear, mom, I need you to come back to aggrevate me so more (many people will think this kind of talking is terrible but they do not know the relationship my mother and I had. I took care of her for many years and loved her with all my heart.) I left for work and she was still unconscious. I came back from work and she is wide awake. About a month later I was talking to my sister in law telling her my conversation with God and what I did. She said Mom heard you because I was there and she turned to her and said, Mary told me she needed me to come back and aggrevate her some more wide eyed
And she did for another 8 years until the night that she announced she was dying. She did 49 years to the day that her father died and that is another story all it's own shhh There was much rejoicing in heaven the night of 8/21.

10/28/2012 new

These stories are incredible testaments of faith! If not inspiring, they are surely giving me goosebumps! I'm reminded of today's Gospel reading..."Go on, your faith has saved you." Thank you all for sharing. It's been the best part of my day to read these.

10/29/2012 new

(Quote) Jane-794001 said: St. Anthony is known to move things...a place that you looked over and over will suddenly, when yo...
(Quote) Jane-794001 said:

St. Anthony is known to move things...a place that you looked over and over will suddenly, when you look again have the item there.

--hide--

Really?? I didn't know this! That's really good to know. rose

I remember specifically looking at that little patch of dirt because a dropped item would have been easy to spot, but I saw nothing, nor did my friend.

And what was really strange was my Rosary was in a perfect circle. It's on a chain and very flexible so if you try to lay it flat, some of the beads will roll toward another side never giving you that perfect circle.

Thanks for sharing this Jane! hug theheart

10/29/2012 new

I agree Kathy! These stories are amazing!!! rose Stories of courage and love, compassion and mercy. Dove

Thank you for sharing and please keep posting. All these stories are testaments to God's love for us. He loves His creatures, even cute and cuddly kittens! fluffy rose heart hellokitty heartbeat

Posts 21 - 30 of 72