Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 29th 2012 new

A few years ago when I worked with a contractor, my manager gave me a project assignment. The work required much time. In the afternoon, a day before the time I was supposed to hand the work to my manager, my project had not been completed yet. I prayed that my boss would give me more time to do the assignment.

The next day when I just arrived at my office, I heard that my manager was absent because he was sick. So, I still had time a day before he was back to office. Thanks God. Since then I will always make sure that I know very well the amount of time to finish the work given to me.
theheart

Oct 29th 2012 new

Thanks everyone for your stories. I spotted these today and they inspired me to remember to count my blessings.

I had a number of close calls, but I'll tell the story of one that could only be a real miracle. There just isn't any evidence except that I wasn't killed.

It happened 20 years ago in the winter when I was doing some logging. I was working alone and that is why there is no proof.

It was just after noon, broad daylight, sunny day. I was using a 4-wheel drive tractor with a big winch on the back to skid trees out. I was on the trail that I had been using for a couple of days now that led to the landing. I was pulling two trees out, with one on a separate choker cable. -it's a separate cable about 4 feet long attached to the main line. As I was pulling these two trees out, the tree on this cable started pull to the side and was getting hung up on a stump along the trail. So I stopped and got off to realign the tree and hook the cable better. I went to the winch to let the line loose to take the tension off the cable. I was behind the rear tractor tire facing the end of the winch with the control lever, with my left side to the rear tractor tire and my right towards the tress I was dragging. As I was bending over to release the lever; the winch was about knee high, I felt someone shove me on my left arm towards the trees that I had been dragging out. I was pushed about 8 feet and ended up with my face in the snow.

I had a hat on with ear laps down so I couldn't see much to either side, or hear; and looking down at the winch the hat brim blocked sight in forward direction. After I was down, when I turned to look I thought I was going to see maybe a neighbor playing a bad joke, but there was no one around. What I did see was that 3 trees had just fallen right where I had been bent over the winch a second ago. They had fallen from the other side of the tractor that my hat brim was covering. And they weren't small trees. They were about 60 feet tall, and the part of trucks that hit where I had been standing were 9-10 inches in diameter. I would have been smashed to pieces. They hit the winch and cable and bent stuff up. I was untouched.

In disbelief I sat down on those tress I had been pulling out, for about one and a half hours, awestruck. There were no branches on those falling trees to knock me aside. I had been pushed. I looked all around, but no one. I walked a large circle around the area looking for tracks in the snow, but nothing. Tried to figure out why the trees fell, but couldn't tell. One had been partway broke off leaning into another one, but they were 20 feet off the other side of the skid trail and never had been touched.

My thought was guardian angel. I didn't do anything for the rest of the day.

I tend to be a logical person, and this incident just didn't fit; and I never did drugs or drinking. Even the next day I was out there walking a larger circle around the area looking for tracks. Called my neighbor friend and asked if he been anywhere near, and told him what happened; but nope. It just happened.

Oct 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Mark-741232 said: Thanks everyone for your stories. I spotted these today and they inspired me to remember to count my blessings....
(Quote) Mark-741232 said:

Thanks everyone for your stories. I spotted these today and they inspired me to remember to count my blessings.

I had a number of close calls, but I'll tell the story of one that could only be a real miracle. There just isn't any evidence except that I wasn't killed.

It happened 20 years ago in the winter when I was doing some logging. I was working alone and that is why there is no proof.

It was just after noon, broad daylight, sunny day. I was using a 4-wheel drive tractor with a big winch on the back to skid trees out. I was on the trail that I had been using for a couple of days now that led to the landing. I was pulling two trees out, with one on a separate choker cable. -it's a separate cable about 4 feet long attached to the main line. As I was pulling these two trees out, the tree on this cable started pull to the side and was getting hung up on a stump along the trail. So I stopped and got off to realign the tree and hook the cable better. I went to the winch to let the line loose to take the tension off the cable. I was behind the rear tractor tire facing the end of the winch with the control lever, with my left side to the rear tractor tire and my right towards the tress I was dragging. As I was bending over to release the lever; the winch was about knee high, I felt someone shove me on my left arm towards the trees that I had been dragging out. I was pushed about 8 feet and ended up with my face in the snow.

I had a hat on with ear laps down so I couldn't see much to either side, or hear; and looking down at the winch the hat brim blocked sight in forward direction. After I was down, when I turned to look I thought I was going to see maybe a neighbor playing a bad joke, but there was no one around. What I did see was that 3 trees had just fallen right where I had been bent over the winch a second ago. They had fallen from the other side of the tractor that my hat brim was covering. And they weren't small trees. They were about 60 feet tall, and the part of trucks that hit where I had been standing were 9-10 inches in diameter. I would have been smashed to pieces. They hit the winch and cable and bent stuff up. I was untouched.

In disbelief I sat down on those tress I had been pulling out, for about one and a half hours, awestruck. There were no branches on those falling trees to knock me aside. I had been pushed. I looked all around, but no one. I walked a large circle around the area looking for tracks in the snow, but nothing. Tried to figure out why the trees fell, but couldn't tell. One had been partway broke off leaning into another one, but they were 20 feet off the other side of the skid trail and never had been touched.

I tend to be a logical person, and this incident just didn't fit; and I never did drugs or drinking. Even the next day I was out there walking a larger circle around the area looking for tracks. Called my neighbor friend and asked if he been anywhere near, and told him what happened; but nope. It just happened.

--hide--
God is good and the providence of God is with you, He has given you a beautiful guardian angel. Your guardian angel loves you very much. Please pray and thank him.
Oct 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: God is good and the providence of God is with you, He has given you a beautiful guardian angel. Your gua...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: God is good and the providence of God is with you, He has given you a beautiful guardian angel. Your guardian angel loves you very much. Please pray and thank him.
--hide--

Cindy, I did thank him, and made me very aware that the 'unseen' is real.

The question of 'why?' also came into my mind regarding this incident. I think the answer was that I needed to know that I did matter to someone. I know later in life when things got rougher, sometimes the only thing to hold on to, was knowing that there isn't anything going on that God doesn't know about.

Oct 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Mark-741232 said: Cindy, I did thank him, and made me very aware that the 'unseen' is real. <...

The question of 'why?' also came into my mind regarding this incident. I think the answer was that I needed to know that I did matter to someone. I know later in life when things got rougher, sometimes the only thing to hold on to, was knowing that there isn't anything going on that God doesn't know about.

--hide--

You may never know why. In 1987 I was riding in a car with my husband (now my ex-husband) and he got confused on the road & turned into the wrong lane of a four lane highway near Perkins, Ok, I can still remember how bright the lights were from the Eighteen wheeler & the sound of the horn blaring. He kicked the pickup into reverse & sped in reverse back the way we came from, I felt the whosh of the truck as it kept going without bothering to slow down. We parked at the side of the road & both of us got out of his truck & got sick, it took several minutes before either one of us could move without shaking. Do I know why God saved me that evening? No....but I do know that I said several prayers of thanksgiving for God watching over me that night..... Praying Praying Praying rosary
Oct 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Mark-741232 said: Thanks everyone for your stories. I spotted these today and they inspired me to remember to count ...

--hide--

I always say when there is a close call, " God must have something special planned for me."

Oct 29th 2012 new

I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in February and, thanks be to God, my prognosis is excellent! Twelve years ago, I was diagnosed with a lymphoma with a five percent survival rate and, after giving it all to God, am here to talk about it twelve years later. I was also diagnosed with breast cancer twice and am completely cured! God grants miracles every day...we just need to be on the lookout for them and recognize them when He blesses us with them!

Oct 29th 2012 new

I was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in February and, thanks be to God, my prognosis is excellent! Twelve years ago, I was diagnosed with a lymphoma with a five percent survival rate and, after giving it all to God, am here to talk about it twelve years later. I was also diagnosed with breast cancer twice and am completely cured! God grants miracles every day...we just need to be on the lookout for them and recognize them when He blesses us with them!

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Mark-741232 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: God is good and the providence of God is with you, He h...

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said: God is good and the providence of God is with you, He has given you a beautiful guardian angel. Your guardian angel loves you very much. Please pray and thank him.

--hide--

That's what this thread is about Mark, God's love, power and mercy. These stories are a testament that nothing is impossible with God and that He loves us deeply, no matter what. theheart

Oct 31st 2012 new
That's an awesome miracle Mark. There may be no proof but I believe every word of it. "For those who believe no explanation is necessary..."
Posts 31 - 40 of 72