Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 31st 2012 new

I can't remember if I've ever shared this or not, but I think my son has some powerful guardian angels surrounding him. (I always wondered who he was talking to when he was a little guy.) At about 3 years old, he had scampered up the steps behind his sister to go on the big slide at the playground. My stomache flopped when he got up there and I stood next to it, but I knew if I went up to get him, he would have come down before I could reach him. This thing was about 20 feet high, with 2" metal sides. He was wearing a windbreaker and when he leaned back, he slid totally around and was barreling down this slide head first. I thought for sure he was about to break his neck. I yelled, "Oh, God!" and reached my arm out to grab him. At that instant, in almost slow motion, with my arm barely on him, he righted himself around and landed very gently feet first. This was definitely divine intervention. I will never forget what I saw that day! And I will always be grateful his angels work overtime!

Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: That's what this thread is about Mark, God's love, power and mercy. These stories...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

That's what this thread is about Mark, God's love, power and mercy. These stories are a testament that nothing is impossible with God and that He loves us deeply, no matter what.

--hide--

Maia, thanks for starting this thread.
I especially like the stories that people on here told of their miraculous cancer healings, because I had to deal with deadly cancer myself.

In my story of the ‘push in the woods’, I would have to say that a certain amount of selfish pride developed. Having this kind of immediate -direct contact supernatural intervention; is something I only had heard of in long ago stories, or with people far away. It later did have a direct impact when I was fighting cancer.

Oct 31st 2012 new
(Quote) Mark-741232 said: Maia, thanks for starting this thread.I especially like the stories that people on here told...
(Quote) Mark-741232 said:

I especially like the stories that people on here told of their miraculous cancer healings, because I had to deal with deadly cancer myself.

In my story of the ‘push in the woods’, I would have to say that a certain amount of selfish pride developed. Having this kind of immediate -direct contact supernatural intervention; is something I only had heard of in long ago stories, or with people far away. It later did have a direct impact when I was fighting cancer.

--hide--

Perhaps God knew you would need that memory to help you stay strong during your treatment. I know I shared this before but when my son was in ICU & the Doctors were telling me that it would not be long now before he would pass away I knew I needed somewhere away from all the people who thought they were helping by visiting us in the waiting room. We were given a large conference room facing the south with windows. A couple I have known most of my life came to see me so I invited them into the room to visit. We were sitting there talking when Tammy said Oh look at the double rainbow. I looked & it was the most perfect double rainbow with bright colors from end to end. At the time I thought about taking a photo of it so I could keep it forever. But about the time that thought crossed my mind a quiet stillness overtook me & reminded me of Our Lady & how "She Kept all these things in her heart". In that instance I knew God heard my prayers but was answering them in a different way than I was asking, he was showing me his power & that he was with me even in my darkest hour. My son passed away the next morning. When I was visiting with the Priest arranging for the service I shared with him my story about the rainbow. He asked what time had I seen it? Around the same time he saw one that was a double rainbow in Shawnee near St Gregorys abbey, I was in Ada which was over an hour away.

Several months after that I would see a rainbow always on the 13th of the month. Andrew passed away on May 13th so this felt like God was continuing to show me he was with me even when I was not aware of his presence.... angel angel
Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Mark-741232 said: Maia, thanks for starting this thread.I especially like the stories that people on he...

--hide--

I can see where it would have to, Mark. Your story was incredible.

Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: That's an awesome miracle Mark. There may be no proof but I believe every word of it. "For those...
(Quote) John-746882 said: That's an awesome miracle Mark. There may be no proof but I believe every word of it. "For those who believe no explanation is necessary..."
--hide--

John,

At the beginning I told VERY few people that story, because most would think; “Oh yeah right!” thinking I was a loony tune. I might of thought the same if someone would have told it to me.

I don’t know if this will be very inspiring to people, but here is a follow-up story. It’s important I think because it will show what that one miracle did for me.

Forward about 15 years:
For a few years things were going pretty good in life. Had been married, we had built a new house, going to start a family, and had plenty of work.

Then a switch was flipped, and it seemed like I entered the twilight zone. I starting getting hit with one whammy after another. Found out I was the walking dead with cancer (bone marrow over 85% cancer), quarantined, seriously ill from chemo, lost the ability to work, alleged spouse thought I was being sick the wrong way, (too quiet), told me she didn’t love me and never had, and then deserted. This all happened in about 4 months time. There’s a lot of details that I won’t go into, but there was a real long hellish time. I prayed every day for over a year the alleged spouse would snap out of it and come home. It never happened. I felt no consolation from anything or anybody. People didn't know what to say to me and it seemed like if they got to close something bad might rub off onto them. I felt like I was even abandoned by God. I felt nothing from Him. Just emptiness.

The only thing I had in my mind to hold on to, was remembering what had happened in the woods that day years ago. -God does know everything that’s happening. -but He was silent now.

Alleged wife divorced me for no reason, then wanted an annulment. During all this time I was watching my blood counts drop to where I thought I was going to have to be quarantined again and more chemo with the lastest blood test. I remember telling my brother that. At this same time I was painfully filling out the annulment testimony which I could have care less about.

There were a number of weeks that went by before the next blood test. During that time I had finished the annulment testimony and sent it in. There was some sense of relief.
When the results of the next blood test came, I was VERY surprised. -They were all perfectly normal! Since I was first diagnosed they had always been below normal and dropping. They just told me that; ‘for some reason’ you’re alright now, and keep doing whatever I had been doing.

That first good blood test was over two and a half years ago now and everything is still perfectly normal. I still get tested every 6 months. This probably wouldn't be considered a miracle though because of the time between the test. But it feels like I have been given a new life again.

So the way it is now, I'm more open to telling these stories and the spiritual pride is pretty much gone. But I still remember what happened that one winter day, and maybe understand now a little why it happened.

Oct 31st 2012 new
(Quote) Mark-741232 said: John, At the beginning I told VERY few people that story, becaus...

John,

At the beginning I told VERY few people that story, because most would think; “Oh yeah right!” thinking I was a loony tune. I might of thought the same if someone would have told it to me.

I don’t know if this will be very inspiring to people, but here is a follow-up story. It’s important I think because it will show what that one miracle did for me.

Forward about 15 years:
For a few years things were going pretty good in life. Had been married, we had built a new house, going to start a family, and had plenty of work.

Then a switch was flipped, and it seemed like I entered the twilight zone. I starting getting hit with one whammy after another. Found out I was the walking dead with cancer (bone marrow over 85% cancer), quarantined, seriously ill from chemo, lost the ability to work, alleged spouse thought I was being sick the wrong way, (too quiet), told me she didn’t love me and never had, and then deserted. This all happened in about 4 months time. There’s a lot of details that I won’t go into, but there was a real long hellish time. I prayed every day for over a year the alleged spouse would snap out of it and come home. It never happened. I felt no consolation from anything or anybody. People didn't know what to say to me and it seemed like if they got to close something bad might rub off onto them. I felt like I was even abandoned by God. I felt nothing from Him. Just emptiness.

The only thing I had in my mind to hold on to, was remembering what had happened in the woods that day years ago. -God does know everything that’s happening. -but He was silent now.

Alleged wife divorced me for no reason, then wanted an annulment. During all this time I was watching my blood counts drop to where I thought I was going to have to be quarantined again and more chemo with the lastest blood test. I remember telling my brother that. At this same time I was painfully filling out the annulment testimony which I could have care less about.

There were a number of weeks that went by before the next blood test. During that time I had finished the annulment testimony and sent it in. There was some sense of relief.
When the results of the next blood test came, I was VERY surprised. -They were all perfectly normal! Since I was first diagnosed they had always been below normal and dropping. They just told me that; ‘for some reason’ you’re alright now, and keep doing whatever I had been doing.

That first good blood test was over two and a half years ago now and everything is still perfectly normal. I still get tested every 6 months. This probably wouldn't be considered a miracle though because of the time between the test. But it feels like I have been given a new life again.

So the way it is now, I'm more open to telling these stories and the spiritual pride is pretty much gone. But I still remember what happened that one winter day, and maybe understand now a little why it happened.

--hide--

God has a plan for your life...now you will just have to figure out what that is. I am sure he was with you the whole time. Praying that the Holy Spirit continues to guide you in your future.... Praying rosary Praying
Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Perhaps God knew you would need that memory to help you stay strong during your treatment. I kno...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Perhaps God knew you would need that memory to help you stay strong during your treatment. I know I shared this before but when my son was in ICU & the Doctors were telling me that it would not be long now before he would pass away I knew I needed somewhere away from all the people who thought they were helping by visiting us in the waiting room. We were given a large conference room facing the south with windows. A couple I have known most of my life came to see me so I invited them into the room to visit. We were sitting there talking when Tammy said Oh look at the double rainbow. I looked & it was the most perfect double rainbow with bright colors from end to end. At the time I thought about taking a photo of it so I could keep it forever. But about the time that thought crossed my mind a quiet stillness overtook me & reminded me of Our Lady & how "She Kept all these things in her heart". In that instance I knew God heard my prayers but was answering them in a different way than I was asking, he was showing me his power & that he was with me even in my darkest hour. My son passed away the next morning. When I was visiting with the Priest arranging for the service I shared with him my story about the rainbow. He asked what time had I seen it? Around the same time he saw one that was a double rainbow in Shawnee near St Gregorys abbey, I was in Ada which was over an hour away.

Several months after that I would see a rainbow always on the 13th of the month. Andrew passed away on May 13th so this felt like God was continuing to show me he was with me even when I was not aware of his presence....
--hide--

Brenda, I believe you are right. Read my post to John.

I'm just a little slow typing so I didn't see your until now.

God works in His own ways!

Oct 31st 2012 new
(Quote) Mark-741232 said: Brenda, I believe you are right. Read my post to John. I'm ...

Brenda, I believe you are right. Read my post to John.

I'm just a little slow typing so I didn't see your until now.

God works in His own ways!

--hide--

God does work in his own ways. I have read this thread & am thankful others like you are sharing your stories. biggrin
Oct 31st 2012 new
It is very inspiring Mark. A dark night but faith pulled you through. And I'm certain that healing was from God's hand in your life.
Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Mark-741232 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: That's what this thread is about Mark, God...

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

That's what this thread is about Mark, God's love, power and mercy. These stories are a testament that nothing is impossible with God and that He loves us deeply, no matter what.

--hide--

I'm so sorry about your illness, Mark. sad I can easily see how your experience in the woods was certainly something that inspired you during that difficult fight. What a gift from God to have received such a supernatural intervention! Dove

Thank you for sharing your experience! theheart

Posts 41 - 50 of 72