Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

11/02/2012 new

My father had been hospitalized due to complications from his diabetes. He also suffered from dementia. One day when I was visiting him, he told me he dreamed of me standing at his gravesite holding the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. I asked him what kind of flowers because I wanted to get the bouquet that was in his dream. He kept saying he couldn't tell what they were, only that they were the most beautiful flowers he had ever seen. He passed away five months later and the day after he died, I had a dream where my father was saying, Do you see the beautiful flowers? And I looked to where my father was looking and indeed there were beautiful flowers appearing out of nowhere and just falling from the sky. My dream was interrupted and I woke up - disappointed because I wanted to keep dreaming of my father. Several days later at my father's funeral mass the priest began his homily. "The most important thing we can do for Adam today, is to pray for him. Prayers are flowers that will never wilt, their perfume will last forever and they make the most beautiful bouquets." I turned into a sobbing mess when I heard those words. I finally knew what flowers my father saw.

11/02/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: There was a morning last summer that I caught a glimpse of something black up ahead of me on the...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

There was a morning last summer that I caught a glimpse of something black up ahead of me on the road running. It was a black cow & it ran right in front of a small pickup truck coming from the other direction. The pickup hit the cow and of course the cow died. I stopped & the guy gave me his phone number & asked me to call his wife to bring his wheel chair & call for a tow. My cell got no reception there so I went into the next town & called his wife. Thankfully the man was fine it was only his truck that crashed. His wife kept thanking me for helping get word to her so she could help him.
--hide--

Thank you for posting this story, Brenda. It is a great story and I was happy to hear that the man driving was alright. In Colorado, where there are many roads in rural areas, there is always a problem with animals crossing the roads and highways. Cows are not our biggest problem. For the most part, wild animals as often crossing the roads, deer, elk, etc. and you need to always be very careful, because in most other stories I've heard, it has been the driver or passenger(s) the ones that are killed when hitting a large animal on the road.

11/02/2012 new
Your story about your lost rosary beads is a miracle Maia, definitely. My mother used to pray to Saint Anthony whenever she lost something, which happened a lot in a house full of eight kids. She told me once that Saint Anthony NEVER failed her. I can hear it now, as she'd realize something was lost, she'd say, "Say a prayer to St. Anthony." And she would always find it. The story also makes me think of myself when I realize I've just left the house and I realize I don't have my rosary with me, I have to go back inside and get them. I have to have them with me. Thanks again for the story and starting this amazing thread Maia.
11/02/2012 new
(Quote) John-746882 said: Your story about your lost rosary beads is a miracle Maia, definitely. My mother used to pray to Saint Anthony when...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Your story about your lost rosary beads is a miracle Maia, definitely. My mother used to pray to Saint Anthony whenever she lost something, which happened a lot in a house full of eight kids. She told me once that Saint Anthony NEVER failed her. I can hear it now, as she'd realize something was lost, she'd say, "Say a prayer to St. Anthony." And she would always find it. The story also makes me think of myself when I realize I've just left the house and I realize I don't have my rosary with me, I have to go back inside and get them. I have to have them with me. Thanks again for the story and starting this amazing thread Maia.
--hide--

I have actually inspired a few Non-Catholic friends to pray for St Anthony's intercession for lost articles because it has worked so often for me..... angel
11/05/2012 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Your story about your lost rosary beads is a miracle Maia, definitely. My mother used to pray to Saint An...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Your story about your lost rosary beads is a miracle Maia, definitely. My mother used to pray to Saint Anthony whenever she lost something, which happened a lot in a house full of eight kids. She told me once that Saint Anthony NEVER failed her. I can hear it now, as she'd realize something was lost, she'd say, "Say a prayer to St. Anthony." And she would always find it. The story also makes me think of myself when I realize I've just left the house and I realize I don't have my rosary with me, I have to go back inside and get them. I have to have them with me. Thanks again for the story and starting this amazing thread Maia.

--hide--

Thanks John! wave

The Holy Spirit has surely blessed you in a special way if you never leave home without it. rosary That's a more common practice among women than it is among men. knight-errant I always say the Rosary is an all-purpose tool and weapon, more powerful than a nuclear bomb. I used to put my little Rosary in my pocket before I went to work, for protection and a reminder that God was always with me even in the most challenging of times.

I was recently recalling the story of my lost Rosary (<----yes, I know this word isn't supposed to be capitalized but I think it should be!). I thought about how my little Rosary lay in a perfect circle but I can never get it to lay so perfectly. It's true that St. Anthony never fails. I've been his client since the 70's. Yeah, we go waaay back! hug

11/05/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) John-746882 said: Your story about your lost rosary beads is a miracle Ma...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Quote:
John-746882 said: Your story about your lost rosary beads is a miracle Maia, definitely. My mother used to pray to Saint Anthony whenever she lost something, which happened a lot in a house full of eight kids. She told me once that Saint Anthony NEVER failed her. I can hear it now, as she'd realize something was lost, she'd say, "Say a prayer to St. Anthony." And she would always find it. The story also makes me think of myself when I realize I've just left the house and I realize I don't have my rosary with me, I have to go back inside and get them. I have to have them with me. Thanks again for the story and starting this amazing thread Maia.

I have actually inspired a few Non-Catholic friends to pray for St Anthony's intercession for lost articles because it has worked so often for me.....
--hide--

That's awesome Brenda! Wolf Whistle clap highfive

11/05/2012 new

(Quote) Eve-95142 said: My father had been hospitalized due to complications from his diabetes. He also suffered from dement...
(Quote) Eve-95142 said:

My father had been hospitalized due to complications from his diabetes. He also suffered from dementia. One day when I was visiting him, he told me he dreamed of me standing at his gravesite holding the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. I asked him what kind of flowers because I wanted to get the bouquet that was in his dream. He kept saying he couldn't tell what they were, only that they were the most beautiful flowers he had ever seen. He passed away five months later and the day after he died, I had a dream where my father was saying, Do you see the beautiful flowers? And I looked to where my father was looking and indeed there were beautiful flowers appearing out of nowhere and just falling from the sky. My dream was interrupted and I woke up - disappointed because I wanted to keep dreaming of my father. Several days later at my father's funeral mass the priest began his homily. "The most important thing we can do for Adam today, is to pray for him. Prayers are flowers that will never wilt, their perfume will last forever and they make the most beautiful bouquets." I turned into a sobbing mess when I heard those words. I finally knew what flowers my father saw.

--hide--

God bless your sweet father Eve. hug

This is a great reminder to me, about prayers being flowers. rose There's a magazine called Soul, published by The Blue Army of Our Lady. Years ago, I read an article about the Rosary. rosary It said that our prayers were like flowers that would never wilt. They would be fresh thousands of years from now and that prayer was something we could definitely take with us when we passed on and returned to God. It was so inspiring. And then to read about your dream and that of your father's... your story is God's reminder of the beauty of prayer and how blessed we are to communicate with God and the Blessed Mother in this precious and priceless manner. Praying theheart

11/05/2012 new
(Quote) I always say the Rosary is an all-purpose tool and weapon
(Quote) I always say the Rosary is an all-purpose tool and weapon
--hide--
That's so true Maia. That's what Padre Pio called the Rosary: "my weapon". I still call him Padre Pio sometimes even though he's St. Pio now. It amazes me he was alive in our lifetime. You don't always think of saints always as people who lived in current times, even though I know a few un-canonized saints. (My mom for one. See earlier post folks.). I digress. Maybe one day I'll start a thread called "People We Think Should be Saints". Not tonight though.
11/06/2012 new

I wonder what miracles this election will produce...

Praying theheart United States Flag

11/06/2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: I wonder what miracles this election will produce...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

I wonder what miracles this election will produce...

--hide--

Hopefully, a government that functions to the interests of the citizens and not its own self-interests. That in itself would be a miracle!

United States Flag

theheart

Posts 51 - 60 of 72