Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: (Quote) Maia-181886 said: I wonder what miracles this election will produ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

Quote:
Maia-181886 said:

I wonder what miracles this election will produce...

Hopefully, a government that functions to the interests of the citizens and not its own self-interests. That in itself would be a miracle!

--hide--

Let us remember that God often comes in through the 'out' door. He loves to surprise us and show His power. I recall Mother Angelica saying this and she founded a television network! This is a time to remain faithful and pray harder than ever for the future of our nation.

Praying rosary theheart United States Flag

Nov 7th 2012 new
So true Maia. "...Thy kingdom come Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven..."
Nov 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: In 2003 our church initiated a perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament 24/7. Since my d...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

In 2003 our church initiated a perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament 24/7. Since my daughter and I were night owls, we chose the 1:00-2:00 AM schedule. The date was Oct. 13 when we arrived for our schedule, a small lady wearing black with long hair; her veil covered her face, met us by the doorway. She asked us that would it be okay for us if she'd take our schedule. We said yes and decided to take the 2:00-3:00AM schedule after her. We sat on the pew (the Blessed Sacramentt was placed in the "cry room" for privacy). When the 2:00 o'clock ended the lady came out and asked that she would extend for one more hour. So we just decided to go home. We were nearing our house, when we noticed a black car parked by our mailbox partially blocking our driveway. We just ignored it, then my daughter tried to squeeze in her car to park beside my son's car, a new Toyota Celica sportscar. When we were about to get out, three teenagers came out from my son's car running away towards the black car parked and speed away. They were "hotwiring" my son's car. Had we not decided to go home, the car would have been stolen. The next visit to the Blessed Sacrament, I checked the log book to see who that lady was. There was no entry, it was blank. Connecting that to the car incident, we thought that the lady wearing in black was Mother Mary, telling us to go home because something bad would happened to my son's car.

--hide--

Liberacion, your story reminded me of something that happened many years back. theheart

I had gone to visit the Blessed Sacrament at a church in the ghetto, a well known dangerous neighborhood. It was the only church in town with Perpeptual Adoration. After I made my Holy Hour, I went to leave but my car wouldn't start. There wasn't a soul around, it was around 2 a.m., and I didn't know what to do.

I decided to sit in my car, confident God would help me but not knowing exactly how. Within moments, a man drove up and parked next to me. He was going to make a Holy Hour but asked if everything was ok. I explained that my car wouldn't start and he was kind enough to take a look. Turns out my battery had died so he gave me a jump.

It was so comforting to know Our Lord made sure I was ok in this dangerous part of town. hug Not only was this kind man willing to help, but he also had the equipment with which to help me. theheart

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: Time to be inspired! Remember this 'miracles' thread from a couple years back? I as...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

Time to be inspired!

Remember this 'miracles' thread from a couple years back? I asked you to share any miracles you have experienced and you filled an entire thread with your inspirational and timeless stories. They are so amazing, many of you mentioned to me how you couldn't stop reading them!

At a time when many are struggling with discouragement and uncertainty, I thought you might want to peruse some of these great stories and/or post a new one.

May they serve as a powerful reminder that with God, all things are possible.

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

A friend of mine was recently scheduled to attend an important business meeting in downtown but he was unaware that the city's Christmas Parade was underway that evening. He had received a phone call from a colleague suggesting he leave early because there was no parking for a couple of miles around the area. My friend decided to pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy, invoking God's help to find parking.

He said the moment he ended the Chaplet, he noticed a lone space and quickly parked his car. It was only two blocks from his meeting and not only was he not 20 minutes late as he had anticipated, he was at least 5 minutes early. clap

No doubt the Chaplet of Divine Mercy is very powerful! theheart

Dec 17th 2012 new
Incredibly powerful Maia. The promises of mercy from that prayer are incredible. Cool story.
Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Incredibly powerful Maia. The promises of mercy from that prayer are incredible. Cool story.
(Quote) John-746882 said: Incredibly powerful Maia. The promises of mercy from that prayer are incredible. Cool story.

--hide--

The Chaplet of Divine Mercy is amazing, I agree. It's such a short prayer but very powerful! theheart

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Maia-181886 said: Time to be inspired! Remember this 'miracles' thread from a couple years back? I as...
(Quote) Maia-181886 said:

Time to be inspired!

Remember this 'miracles' thread from a couple years back? I asked you to share any miracles you have experienced and you filled an entire thread with your inspirational and timeless stories. They are so amazing, many of you mentioned to me how you couldn't stop reading them!

At a time when many are struggling with discouragement and uncertainty, I thought you might want to peruse some of these great stories and/or post a new one.

May they serve as a powerful reminder that with God, all things are possible.

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

I went through the entire thread from the link I posted. I had read each story when I first posted that thread but it was nice to re-read these stories. Very encouraging. I had forgotten that some stories were simply amazing. theheart

Dec 22nd 2012 new

A friend of my children's worked at the World Trade Center. He was always punctual, always 'together'. Never once has his alarm clock failed him--until Sept 11. It did not go off and he woke up late. He worked where the plane hit; his life was saved.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

Good story Meg! smile

Dec 23rd 2012 new

With all the talk of violence and recent shootings, I wanted to share a miracle story told to me by a priest from India who was helping out here about 7 years ago.

I don’t remember when he said it happened or exactly where, but he said it happened in a village in India where he was the parish priest.

I don’t understand their politics or problems either, but he said there were two fighting factions having a gun battle in the streets. The village was under siege, with many people in the church for refuge.
He said the fighting had been going on for over half the day and the people were scared. I don’t know what made him do it, but he said went out in the street to the corner intersection and shouted: “spirit of dissension be gone!”. And at those words he said both sides laid their guns down on the ground and left; and it was over.

It was a pretty cool story, and he seemed like and honest and humble man so I didn't doubt what he told.

Posts 61 - 70 of 72