Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

I must be out of it, but I just heard about the new Archbishop of San Francisco, Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone, who sounds like just the man to shepherd that city. Here is a very interesting article about him:

catholiccitizens.org

May the beautiful city by the bay, named for a great saint, come back from the grip of Satan and into the Faith under his leadership! Praying

Oct 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I must be out of it, but I just heard about the new Archbishop of San Francisco, Archbishop Salvatore...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

I must be out of it, but I just heard about the new Archbishop of San Francisco, Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone, who sounds like just the man to shepherd that city. Here is a very interesting article about him:

catholiccitizens.org

May the beautiful city by the bay, named for a great saint, come back from the grip of Satan and into the Faith under his leadership!

--hide--

I am a great admirer of Archbishop Cordileone, and had the pleasure of attending two masses he celebrated in San Diego: one a Tridentine High Mass at Christmas and another a mixed Latin/English Novus Ordo Pontifical Mass. His willingness to reach out to those Catholics who love the rich traditions of the Church was very welcome here. Many San Diegans, myself included, were sad to see him leave our town, but sensed that the Church had a higher calling for him.

Having just read his interview answers, thanks to Pat, I am more thrilled with him than ever. He will be a great witness in San Francisco. You can bet many of those who have tried to make San Francisco into Sodom by the Sea will villify him and make life difficult for him. We should remember him in our prayers, especially during the Canon when we pray for bishops and the Church.

Oct 17th 2012 new

With Salvatore Cordileon installed in San Francisco, the American Church has 4 sitting Archbishops who are likely to recceive the Red Hat in the near future.

Cordileon of San Francisco, Charles Joseph Chaput of Philidelphia, Allen Henry Vigneoron of Detroit and Jose Gomez of Los Angeles.

How soon will depend on when the Former Cardinal Archbishop of those Sees either dies or reaches the age when they can no longer vote for a Pope in conclave.

Oct 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: I must be out of it, but I just heard about the new Archbishop of San Francisco, Archbishop Salvatore...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

catholiccitizens.org

May the beautiful city by the bay, named for a great saint, come back from the grip of Satan and into the Faith under his leadership!

--hide--

his hands will be full.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4