Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

10/17/2012 new

Michael

Go find yourself a nice protestant girl!

Stephen

10/17/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: I don't want to fall away from the church, but it seems like there is so little hope of eve...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

I don't want to fall away from the church, but it seems like there is so little hope of ever experiencing God's grace and the miracle of fulfilling Catholic marriage. Some guys seem to recover from bad marriages, as evidenced by some of the witnesses given at the CRHP retreat I attended early this month, but it just seems like such a small possibility.

--hide--

Michael,

Don't lose hope! Don't settle for mediocrity and leave Catholicism because things are getting hard. This is precisely the time when you need to come closer to God and become more emmersed in your faith.

I know you are suffering much and it is a terrible feeling to be Catholic, divorced, and in the presence of families all the time. I have walked in your shoes and everything you are describing is true. I have experienced them myself. I know it's very lonely and very difficult. But please don't give in to the way the world does things. You will be ultimately dissatisfied and unhappy.

My annulment took 2 years and I was alone a total of 7 years before I met my 2nd husband. In looking back, I see that much of that time alone was necessary because I had a lot of work to do on myself. I don't know your circumstances and you may feel you are already healed and prepared for a new relationship, but for some reason, God is asking you to wait. Key word there, is "asking." Your circumstances could prove to be a great source of personal growth if you can find it within yourself to trust God with your life. You might try asking Him what it is you need to be doing while you wait for a new romance.

God's plans will blow you away, my friend. Don't lose hope. We'll be praying for you.

Sincerely - Lisa Duffy

10/17/2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Michael Go find yourself a nice protestant girl! Stephen
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

Michael

Go find yourself a nice protestant girl!

Stephen

--hide--

Stephen... scratchchin

10/17/2012 new

(Quote) Lisa-727959 said: Stephen...
(Quote) Lisa-727959 said:

Stephen...

--hide--

Lisa, I've received that advice from a number of Catholics including one that did and had a marvelous 27 year marriage until he lost her to death.

Stephen

P.S. I'll see what happens when I see Sr. Carolyn day after tomorrow.

10/17/2012 new

Stephen...

--hide--

Lisa,

Something else - In the story of Job, the theme for Patience, little if anything is said about this - When God gave the Devil the ok to hammer Job, the only limitation that God put on the Devil regarding what the Devil could do to Job in the way of SUFFERING was - the Devil was prohibited from KILLING Job.

Maybe if that LITTLE aspect was emphasized, the context of suffering might be better underrstood and handled better.

Just saying.

Stephen

10/17/2012 new

Michael,

I definitely feel your pain. I left the church almost 30 years ago because the annulment process was not clearly defined to me. When I remarried, it broke my heart to have a feeling that the church had shunned me. I never quit going to church and I always praised and worshiped, just not in the Catholic Church. I have had some rough times in the last couple of years, my dad passed away in 2008, my sister passed away in July and my Mom passed away in August of this year. When I stepped back in the Catholic Church, it was absolutely overwhelming joy and sorrow for ever leaving. I am working my way back and have met with several Deacons and Priests. I encourage you to not leave the church. No other denomination will feel like "home". I am thrilled to be back in the Catholic Church and praise God for the wonderful people he has placed in my path. I don't know if I want to go through the annulment process. It is still a deep prayer and I will know the answer when God gives it to me.

I pray that you will find peace Dove as you go through your days. God's timing is alway perfect and I believe you will be thrilled when His picture comes together for your life. I will keep you in my prayers.

God Bless.

10/17/2012 new

Laurel-

Congrats to you for coming back "home"! I have been divorced 6 years and started the annulment process in about the 3rd year. It took almost 2 years to complete. I have not yet found my life partner, but did not think I should wait to find him before I started the annulment. Now if I do find him, I won't have to wait for the process to be over to start our life together. I suggest that you start your annulment now so you have time to reflect on what direction you want your life to take without feeling pressured due to other obligations. You are in my prayers for the loss of so many family members in the last couple years. May you find comfort in knowing you have a church family that welcomes you and cares!

God Bless!

10/17/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-859891 said: Laurel- Congrats to you for coming back "home"! I have been divorced 6 years...
(Quote) Nancy-859891 said:

Laurel-

Congrats to you for coming back "home"! I have been divorced 6 years and started the annulment process in about the 3rd year. It took almost 2 years to complete. I have not yet found my life partner, but did not think I should wait to find him before I started the annulment. Now if I do find him, I won't have to wait for the process to be over to start our life together. I suggest that you start your annulment now so you have time to reflect on what direction you want your life to take without feeling pressured due to other obligations. You are in my prayers for the loss of so many family members in the last couple years. May you find comfort in knowing you have a church family that welcomes you and cares!

God Bless!

--hide--
Nancy, welcome to the CM forums! Great first post. Hope to hear more from you. wave

10/17/2012 new

Karin,

Your annulment coordinator at your church should be able to check on this for you.

Peace,

Michael

10/17/2012 new

Stephen...

--hide--

Yes, Lisa, I had to laugh at Stephen's reply. The thought HAS crossed my mind. But I'm not sure I could ever be happy with anyone but a Catholic girl now. Thank you for your reply. Trying to keep the faith. It hurts. It isn't easy. I have no idea why this pain is necessary.

God has given me the gift of being an endurance athlete (runner). Training hurts. Training takes much persistence and willpower. Perhaps the gift of being a semi-elite runner has provided the stamina needed to endure this annulment process and singleness.

Michael

Posts 11 - 20 of 49