Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Oct 18th 2012 new

B-b-b-but if CM men and women meet and intermingle, it may lead to flirtation, fun times, and fulfilling social experiences. That just won't do!!!

Where's our CM Mullahs to issue a fatwa against anyone meeting anyone on a dating site, lest we put our mortal souls in peril of giving in to carnal temptations?

wink

Oct 18th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: B-b-b-but if CM men and women meet and intermingle, it may lead to flirtation, fun times, and ful...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

B-b-b-but if CM men and women meet and intermingle, it may lead to flirtation, fun times, and fulfilling social experiences. That just won't do!!!

Where's our CM Mullahs to issue a fatwa against anyone meeting anyone on a dating site, lest we put our mortal souls in peril of giving in to carnal temptations?

--hide--

That's Jerry's gig. Not mine! mischievous

Oct 18th 2012 new

you think???

Oct 19th 2012 new
(Quote) David-364112 said: you think???
(Quote) David-364112 said:

you think???

--hide--

enough to know better than to comment further on the matter...
Oct 20th 2012 new

I agree Joe!!! thumbsup

I've been to about 5 or 6, and brought my kids to most of them. So not only is it a great way to meet other like-minded Catholics, CMr's are also a great group to bring your kids around (for those single parents who might need to tote their kids along).

Oct 20th 2012 new

Agreed, Joe. wave

The relationships I've gained from attending or organizing various CM gatherings are some of the most meaningful ones in my life. I am blessed beyond belief to have met people who have opened their hearts to me and accepted my friendship whole-heartedly. Could any of these people be ' the one,' or KNOW 'the one' to introduce me to? (Keep in mind there are friends of friends, relatives, co-workers, neighbors, etc.) Only God knows that. Praying My job is to pray about it, and get out of my own way to let it happen. rolling eyes

I remain open and hopeful about my journey, and have made the conscious choice to actively enjoy every step of the way. I believe I grow a bit deeper in my faith with each event, and hopefully I become a better person with each encounter. hug

In HIS time, not mine. theheart

(As you learned at the Farm Outing - I also don't hesitate to step up and engage others in conversation, and ask for people to join me in activities - such as boat rides, games, singalongs. wink laughing Fun times and plenty of laughs are ahead for those that willingly participate!)

Oct 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Okay Joe.. It's your special task to get more 'older' men to the gatherin...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Okay Joe.. It's your special task to get more 'older' men to the gatherings so us more mature ladies getta pick..

--hide--

And more 'younger' women! :-) Heheheh, honestly, I don't see why this site isn't much larger. I've wasted time with other popular sites. Tons of e-mails sent, no "good" leads that show any possibility of a deep relationship. It seems like we Catholics just don't have the resources for singles that we should have in order to put singles together. This is a HUGE problem.

Since becoming Catholic a year ago, I see three kinds of Catholic ladies: 1) single and in college, or 2) out of college and married, or 3) 40 and older and divorced. There is a lack of single Catholic ladies in the 30-35 year old age bracket. Makes it tough for us single men nearing 40 who desire a family.

I think part of the problem must be that singles fall away from the Church during college years, to return after having children because they want to raise children in the church.

Michael

Oct 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: And more 'younger' women! :-) Heheheh, honestly, I don't see ...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

And more 'younger' women! :-) Heheheh, honestly, I don't see why this site isn't much larger. I've wasted time with other popular sites. Tons of e-mails sent, no "good" leads that show any possibility of a deep relationship. It seems like we Catholics just don't have the resources for singles that we should have in order to put singles together. This is a HUGE problem.

Since becoming Catholic a year ago, I see three kinds of Catholic ladies: 1) single and in college, or 2) out of college and married, or 3) 40 and older and divorced. There is a lack of single Catholic ladies in the 30-35 year old age bracket. Makes it tough for us single men nearing 40 who desire a family.

I think part of the problem must be that singles fall away from the Church during college years, to return after having children because they want to raise children in the church.

Michael

--hide--

Joe and I attended the CM Event Camping at Tim's Farm.. I was specifically addressing the need for more 'older' men at Events.. Not men on the site here.. There are plenty of women of all ages at events.. It's the men that tend not to 'Show Up'... The usual ratio of women to men at events is about 3:1.. Men are really missing out..

Oct 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Joe and I attended the CM Event Camping at Tim's Farm.. I was specifically addres...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Joe and I attended the CM Event Camping at Tim's Farm.. I was specifically addressing the need for more 'older' men at Events.. Not men on the site here.. There are plenty of women of all ages at events.. It's the men that tend not to 'Show Up'... The usual ratio of women to men at events is about 3:1.. Men are really missing out..

--hide--

Is the ratio really that close? laughing

Oct 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Chris-280015 said: Yeah, sure.. tried to get one going my way... it didn't get off the ground...
(Quote) Chris-280015 said:

Yeah, sure.. tried to get one going my way... it didn't get off the ground...
--hide--

The NY/NJ group use to do a lot of get together's but for some reason people no longer want to move out of there comfort zone. We emailed and posted, etc. Unfortunately one of the disadvantages of all the separate rooms and the one for "meet ups" is that a lot of people do not go into them. Therefore, it does not hit a broad range. Years ago we post them in St. Peter's and Tobias where it got the most views.

Reach out and try again, even if you only have a few, it is still connecting with other catholics.

Posts 11 - 20 of 29