Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

10/21/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: B-b-b-but if CM men and women meet and intermingle, it may lead to flirtation, fun times, and ful...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

B-b-b-but if CM men and women meet and intermingle, it may lead to flirtation, fun times, and fulfilling social experiences. That just won't do!!!

Where's our CM Mullahs to issue a fatwa against anyone meeting anyone on a dating site, lest we put our mortal souls in peril of giving in to carnal temptations?

--hide--

Boy David your posts lately sound so negative regarding people connecting, especially in regards to 7/7 relationships. For all the newer members, there have been marriage great Catholic marraiges that have come out of CM. It is not even Christmas David and you are already grinch

10/21/2012 new

(Quote) Joe-826335 said: Hi, I have posted this in another venue but it really applies to all you CMers out there! If...
(Quote) Joe-826335 said:

Hi,

I have posted this in another venue but it really applies to all you CMers out there! If you have never gone to an event, I STRONGLY encourage you to go to one! It is worth the sacrifice! As I and others have put it, it is a, "slice of heaven"!! Can you imagine a place where Christ is shared openly, you can TOTALLY be yourself, and you can have great fun as well! This is all what happens at these events! Remember Christ's own words in the gospel, "Where two or three are gathered in my name, there I am among them"!! This passage truly applies to these events!! Trust me you will not like leaving!

Along those lines here's what I posted in that other site re: why most of us are single:

I've been doing some thinking.......

The question is occasionally brought up: "Why are we single?" I would not ask another CMer this question because we both know why, it's a given!

We will not SETTLE for just anyone! We are all looking for that:"Special Soul" to sweep us away and eventually into heaven! How easy it would be for all of us to stay withing our areas and just meet someone within a "convenient" distance? Sometimes it does happen that way, but most times it doesnt! We all made many sacrifices to come to Indy some from as far away as California!!

Many of us have more than exhausted the regular ways to date. Based on our beliefs and strong convictions we usually meet the wrong people that way!! We're not into the easy ways! It can be frustrating, I can attest, but in the end I'd imagine it to be SOOO worth it. All difficult sacrifices bear great fruit, just ask Christ! We may not see them now mind you, but later, in God's time! I wish you all God's blessings in finding friendship and above all(the reason most of us joined CM) to find the one person you can share your, life, heart, and soul with! I will be praying perpetually for all of the Indy group and all CMers everywhere!!

In closing, think of it this way....... We all improved our chances of meeting that "special soul" with past events, recent ones like the October Indy Farm outing and the ones to come!! God works in mysterious ways as we know!!

We all did the legwork, lets just let him put the finishing touches and help connect us to our soulmates!!

God Bless,
Joe

--hide--

So Joe, now that you have experienced the true meaning of what CM Catholic Community is all about - When are you going to form an event in your neck of the woods that people may travel to within reasonable drivng distance scratchchin wink Just a thought for putting words into action laughing wave

10/21/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-25961 said: Boy David your posts lately sound so negative regarding people connecting, especially in re...
(Quote) Mary-25961 said:

Boy David your posts lately sound so negative regarding people connecting, especially in regards to 7/7 relationships. For all the newer members, there have been marriage great Catholic marraiges that have come out of CM. It is not even Christmas David and you are already

--hide--

Oh fret not Sweetie-Pie, you just don't get my sense of humor.

10/21/2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Oh fret not Sweetie-Pie, you just don't get my sense of humor.
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Oh fret not Sweetie-Pie, you just don't get my sense of humor.

--hide--

David I am not ferreting but your sense of humor is leaving something to be desired - Especially when you constantly posting about women who are chaste and living a life of 7/7 you state they are dysfunctional and delusionary. If I did not know you for as long as I have on the forums, I would have to say that you are the one who is acting delusional. Your words are not building up the community at large but rather tearing it down. You post in Oremus that you are almost suicidal and that you have to take a few days off because you have to deal with a situation. You have many people trying to console you and yet you are back on the site posting. I take things seriously that are posted in Oremus and when a fellow CM member is having problems, I lift them up in prayer. Yet it seems lately you are on here to rant and being negative for a woman or man that wants to follow the church's teaching, you reply sarcastically. David you know me better than this and you need to take a look at what you are posting and remember who you are and the graces the Lord has given you as well as the knowledge and follow through with it. Stop tearing down the church's teachings and taking out whatever is bothering you on the forums but rather seek counsel and find peace so that you can bring peace to others.

10/21/2012 new

How does someone even begin to schedule one of the CM events? I would love to organize one for my area, but have no idea where to start. Pointers anyone???? :) Please send me a message if you have specific instructions because I may or may not find my way back to this thread.

10/22/2012 new

(Quote) Celia-821539 said: How does someone even begin to schedule one of the CM events? I would love to organize one for my...
(Quote) Celia-821539 said:

How does someone even begin to schedule one of the CM events? I would love to organize one for my area, but have no idea where to start. Pointers anyone???? :) Please send me a message if you have specific instructions because I may or may not find my way back to this thread.

--hide--

Celia - I'll reply here so others can see it as well, hopefully there are several folks thinking of getting something together.n NOBODY should hesitate with this - it's NOT hard to throw an outing together.

Start small - come up with an idea for something nearby (a festival, mass and dinner afterwards, a free concert, etc. This time of year a visit to a pumpkin patch or walk in a park is good. Then just post a thread - with the location and activity clearly in the title, such as : Interested in Mass and Dinner in Indianapolis, Nov 2012?

The responses will tell you if others are interested. Encourage others to post alternate or complimentary ideas: which church and what mass time, where to go for dinner, etc. Basically go with majority rules for the best date, time, etc.

Then just do it. Best to choose places you can go dutch, have separate checks, etc. Don't guarantee or pre-pay for others. Pick a time to meet, and as the organizer make sure you know who to look for when you arrive. Might want to ask attendees to send you their phone # so you can check on them if they are late.

Then talk it up in the Forum, do a search and contact people of interest that you'd like to meet. There are times we'd had 3 ppl get together, and other times we've had many MANY more. As the core group attends more events together - ask other members to plan the next outing so it isn't all on one person.

You'll have a great time! JUST DO IT!

10/22/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Celia - I'll reply here so others can see it as well, hopefully there are several fol...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Celia - I'll reply here so others can see it as well, hopefully there are several folks thinking of getting something together.n NOBODY should hesitate with this - it's NOT hard to throw an outing together.

Start small - come up with an idea for something nearby (a festival, mass and dinner afterwards, a free concert, etc. This time of year a visit to a pumpkin patch or walk in a park is good. Then just post a thread - with the location and activity clearly in the title, such as : Interested in Mass and Dinner in Indianapolis, Nov 2012?

The responses will tell you if others are interested. Encourage others to post alternate or complimentary ideas: which church and what mass time, where to go for dinner, etc. Basically go with majority rules for the best date, time, etc.

Then just do it. Best to choose places you can go dutch, have separate checks, etc. Don't guarantee or pre-pay for others. Pick a time to meet, and as the organizer make sure you know who to look for when you arrive. Might want to ask attendees to send you their phone # so you can check on them if they are late.

Then talk it up in the Forum, do a search and contact people of interest that you'd like to meet. There are times we'd had 3 ppl get together, and other times we've had many MANY more. As the core group attends more events together - ask other members to plan the next outing so it isn't all on one person.

You'll have a great time! JUST DO IT!

--hide--

I want to add something to Mary's post.. If you eat at a restaurant make it clear you want separate checks..Everyone should be responsible for their own meal and especially their own bar bill.. I've been on a couple of these things where the tallying up and dividing at the end was a nightmare.. Sorry to say, some people forget how many of those little umbrella drinks they imbibed..

10/22/2012 new

(Quote) Joe-826335 said: Though define older? LOL
(Quote) Joe-826335 said:

Though define older? LOL

--hide--

Older is not you, Joe. Older means gents in their 60's, 70's for us ladies in that age group.

10/22/2012 new

Make that 50's also.

Posts 21 - 29 of 29