Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

In the midst of this stressful presidential election campaign I decided to try to find something to balance the heated debates, both on TV and off. So I bought the new Van Morrison CD. It's great! It's so smooth and relaxing. Makes the commute a sheer pleasure. Wondered if anyone else has bought it or if you can recommend new CDs from our generation.

- Elizabeth

10/17/2012 new

Is it jazzy or bluesy or pop?

10/18/2012 new

(Quote) Nick-314192 said: Is it jazzy or bluesy or pop?
(Quote) Nick-314192 said:

Is it jazzy or bluesy or pop?

--hide--

I'm not a great judge of these things, but I think it is more jazzy/bluesy...definitely relaxing...I just feel good when listening. I keep it in the car and listen to it on the way home after work.

- Elizabeth

10/18/2012 new

To me it has a definite "blues" influence Elizabeth. And it is indeed relaxing!

10/18/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: I'm not a great judge of these things, but I think it is more jazzy/blu...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

I'm not a great judge of these things, but I think it is more jazzy/bluesy...definitely relaxing...I just feel good when listening. I keep it in the car and listen to it on the way home after work.

- Elizabeth

--hide--
Hi Elizabeth, wave

I listened to Van Morrison lately, and in fact, I bought a CD as a gift for a friend. I say more of a "blues" influence.

Enjoy listening to one of our icons. biggrin note

10/19/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Wondered if ... you can recommend new CDs from our generation.
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Wondered if ... you can recommend new CDs from our generation.

--hide--

Thanks Elizabeth - I'm a big fan of Van - I'll pick it up! I recommend Bonnie Raitt - Slipstream, best new album I've heard lately. It's rock (some may say pop.)

I'm also a fan of the now defunct Blue Merle - some members from your part of the country!

10/19/2012 new

Elizabeth, I bought it earlier today! Van's the man... wink

10/19/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: To me it has a definite "blues" influence Elizabeth. And it is indeed relaxing!
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

To me it has a definite "blues" influence Elizabeth. And it is indeed relaxing!

--hide--

I think you are probably right, Jerry. It is more blues...I'm amazed how relaxing it is. Hope he does more.

- Elizabeth

10/19/2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Hi Elizabeth, I listened to Van Morrison lately, and in fact, I bought a CD as a ...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Hi Elizabeth,

I listened to Van Morrison lately, and in fact, I bought a CD as a gift for a friend. I say more of a "blues" influence.

Enjoy listening to one of our icons.

--hide--

Hi Linda. wave I bought the Eagles tour CD a few years back and like Van Morrison, they only got better. Helps me think getting older is like fine wine if it is done right...it only gets better. Bow

- Elizabeth

10/19/2012 new

(Quote) Dan-258484 said: Thanks Elizabeth - I'm a big fan of Van - I'll pick it up! I recommend Bonnie R...
(Quote) Dan-258484 said:

Thanks Elizabeth - I'm a big fan of Van - I'll pick it up! I recommend Bonnie Raitt - Slipstream, best new album I've heard lately. It's rock (some may say pop.)

I'm also a fan of the now defunct Blue Merle - some members from your part of the country!

--hide--

You're welcome, Dan. Thanks for the tip on Bonnie Raitt. I'll have to get that one. Not sure I've ever heard Blue Merle. Who was in the band?

- Elizabeth

Posts 1 - 10 of 15