Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Oct 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Stephen-725391 said: Daddy GOVERNMENT has killed the respect for and of those with children seeking new spouses or o...
(Quote) Stephen-725391 said:

Daddy GOVERNMENT has killed the respect for and of those with children seeking new spouses or of MEN especially of taking on that role because to the INTERFERENCE of Daddy GOVERNMENT!

Need I say more?

--hide--

Heaven help us if you do say more!!

Oct 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Valerie-880801 said: I've read several forums on CM.......different topics, but several people refer to a single parent...
(Quote) Valerie-880801 said: I've read several forums on CM.......different topics, but several people refer to a single parent with children as an individual with "baggage". Well, I'm one of those with "baggage", but I prefer to call them blessings!!! I'm a 30 year old mother of 2 wonderful boys. I don't think of them as baggage at all of course, I'm their mom. I just don't like the term. Lately I've been wondering if my already having children in putting people off??? I've had lots of people view my profile, but not make the effort to contact me. I know I'm not everyone's "cup of tea", but surely I have something in common with someone. Lately I'm feeling that my being a single mother has put me in some mystery taboo land that shouldn't be approached. Anyone out there in the same boat?
--hide--

Girl, when people call my child baggage it makes me want to stab them :|. Granted, I will not do that, as I am not good "prison material."

I know how it goes, though. Having a child, being a single parent, most people are put off. You know what I think of that? Then they are Certainly are not the right person for me or my son, and they can keep on passing up my profile. What's discerning to me is that here on CM people have a forum to make that kind of ignorant statement and think it's fine.

The truth is, one day when they have children they will understand, but not until then. Most cases that I have personally found is those people are shallow and self serving, again, that's my personal experience and I count my blessings that they are not in influence in mine and especially not in my son's life.

Sadly, this is the lot for a Lot of single parents. Just know that God has someone on the way who will see your child for what they are, a beautiful gift in your life and an extension of who you are.

Oct 25th 2012 new
Valerie,

The same reason that puts off some people will one day, be the reason which will get you noticed and appreciated!!! You just need one man to notice and appreciate you.

Our "baggage" is an"asset" that I enjoy and I am not ready to share it with just anyone. Only those who know what a blessing children are, need to apply. My two cents
Oct 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Valerie-880801 said: I've read several forums on CM.......different topics, but several people refer to a single parent...
(Quote) Valerie-880801 said: I've read several forums on CM.......different topics, but several people refer to a single parent with children as an individual with "baggage". Well, I'm one of those with "baggage", but I prefer to call them blessings!!! I'm a 30 year old mother of 2 wonderful boys. I don't think of them as baggage at all of course, I'm their mom. I just don't like the term. Lately I've been wondering if my already having children in putting people off??? I've had lots of people view my profile, but not make the effort to contact me. I know I'm not everyone's "cup of tea", but surely I have something in common with someone. Lately I'm feeling that my being a single mother has put me in some mystery taboo land that shouldn't be approached. Anyone out there in the same boat?
--hide--

I do not like the term baggage either and do not see children as baggage. As far as people passing over your profile, I would not read into that too much, that could be due to any number of reasons which may have nothing to do with your children. I have come across some women's profiles who I really like and they have children. However, it is not uncommon for most of them having it in their profile that they can not relocate and most of them are not close to me. So despite the fact that based on their profile I think we could potetionally hit it off I do not bother contacting them being I know that I can not currently relocate and or would not want to relocate to their area.

Oct 26th 2012 new

Valerie,

I have to agree with the others. There are sooo many reasons people could view your profile and move on and probably the greatest is that they are not near you. You are very pretty and your boys handsome. There is some guy out there already looking for you only he doesn't know it yet. Someone who would love to have sons to take to games, fishing, hunting. Since you already do all these things, he's gonna fall flat on his face in love when he figures out he can have it ALL! Don't you worry, girl. God's got your back and the wait is going to be worth it. Just keep praying!

C

Oct 26th 2012 new

If it's an LDR, at least one of the two better have some baggage!

Oct 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Valerie-880801 said:I've read several forums on CM.......different topics, but several people refer to a single parent ...
(Quote) Valerie-880801 said:I've read several forums on CM.......different topics, but several people refer to a single parent with children as an individual with "baggage". Well, I'm one of those with "baggage", but I prefer to call them blessings!!! I'm a 30 year old mother of 2 wonderful boys. I don't think of them as baggage at all of course, I'm their mom. I just don't like the term. Lately I've been wondering if my already having children in putting people off??? I've had lots of people view my profile, but not make the effort to contact me. I know I'm not everyone's "cup of tea", but surely I have something in common with someone. Lately I'm feeling that my being a single mother has put me in some mystery taboo land that shouldn't be approached. Anyone out there in the same boat?
--hide--

Baggage - Hmmmmm - I prefer to call them a package and when you open the package you discover it's really a gift.

Consider yourself fortunate that the more self centered men are not interested in you - if they were you would have to provide for him and give him attention instead of being in a mutual relationship. Unfortunately that has become a large % of our population (male & female).

I have found a wonderful woman who has 10 fantastic children - 2 are beginning to leave the house and 5 are still at home the rest are on their own, for me it is a package deal. I bought her an engagement ring with 10 small stones (one for each child) and a diamond in the middle.
And for you men that think children are "BAGGAGE" that would make you lost luggage (don't forget you were once "baggage").
A little advice for men - If you love a woman's children that woman will love you.

Just keep praying Valerie, he is out there for you.

Oct 26th 2012 new

Valerie do not be discouraged. Being a mother is a wonderful blessing. Your children are a gift from God. Pray to meet the right one for you. When you do he will love you and your children. You just haven't met him yet. Just keep praying and never give up hope. God bless you

Oct 26th 2012 new

We all have "baggage" of some kind or another. The older we are the more "baggage," that's human nature.

Not everyone has the ability or the termperment to take on that kind of responsibility. Ability includes among several other thing, the financial wherewithal.

Oct 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: We all have "baggage" of some kind or another. The older we are the more "baggage,&...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

We all have "baggage" of some kind or another. The older we are the more "baggage," that's human nature.

Not everyone has the ability or the termperment to take on that kind of responsibility. Ability includes among several other thing, the financial wherewithal.

--hide--

Darn, a whole section disappeared.

The second paragraph actually started with this.

I agree Children are not "baggage," but they are a serious repsonsibilty.

Posts 21 - 30 of 38