Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

10/19/2012 new
So right, Peter. How many people go around creating their own version? They do so when they say "I feel that.....", or "I think this....", or "It's right for me.", or "All paths lead to Heaven."

We are called to conform ourselves to Christ; not to conform Him to ourselves.
10/19/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: As if we don't have enough of them now: www.catholicnews.com.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

As if we don't have enough of them now:

www.catholicnews.com

--hide--

It's interesting that the Pope so promotes study of the creed, since for something like 38 years a false creed was professed in the English language when the Holy Mass was offered according to the Ordinary Form.

That is probably a big part of the problem. No one is overly concerned about the philosophical difference between "one in being" and "consubstantial," for example, and therefore the different theological meanings of those concepts.

No one is overly concerned about the difference in meaning between public profession of "I" and "we," etc.

In fact, we're still told by liturgists that these are valid translations...when they're not. :)

How then is it any wonder that there are so many people who are relativists?

10/19/2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: As if we don't have enough of them now: www.catholicnews.com.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

As if we don't have enough of them now:

www.catholicnews.com

--hide--
It is great to see the Pope pointing this out to all the Catholics out there in the world. I hope and pray that his insistence that we learn our faith, is given the time it deserves at the pulpit in our Churches in the USA. I hope the Priest and Bishops implement something to further His words of truth we all know is the problem in our country. Just think of all the Catholics in high level positions in our country that refuse to bring there faith to there public lives. God bless our Pope.

Posts 1 - 4 of 4