Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

This posting was locked from 6 months ago & just wanted to put my two cents in on this subject. When responding to an emoticon or message, it depends mostly on basic common ground, it really depends upon what kind of commonalities a man & a woman would have, so if I don't have that much in common w/ a woman, I'm not likely to respond, just because there's not much to go on if you don't have all that much in common w/ one another. As far as the distance thing goes, its just far too difficult, it requires MAJOR sacrifices on both the man & the woman which can take a rather emotional toll depending upon the circumstances involved, this can often lead to a deterioration of the relationship, so things could go S unless both agree to work incredibly hard at it & the sacrifices both make are worth in the end. Pesonally, in my situation, I would need a woman to relocate for me, however, for me to ask such a thing to begin w/ would incredibly selfish of me, so its not something I'm going to ask it despite my own wishes or desires, it wouldn't be fair of me to even go there. So going to say that the whole distance thing is just way to hard in my case anyway.

10/20/2012 new

I totally agree with you. Its the same in my situation. I cant relocate either. Thats good to hear a guys honest opinoin on the subject. Good luck and god bless!

11/05/2012 new
I have the issue of living in a small town in a remote area of the north coast. The closest cities are San Francisco and Portland both about 6 hours away. So the distance thing for me is tough all around. However I am in the military so I can't just get up and move. Yet long distance is hard, and there isn't anything in this town for a girl.
11/13/2012 new
Well love is sacrifice So if it implies a long distance relationship, then so be it :)
11/13/2012 new

(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Well love is sacrifice So if it implies a long distance relationship, then so be it :)
(Quote) Alma Rosa-704356 said: Well love is sacrifice So if it implies a long distance relationship, then so be it :)
--hide--

Completely agree!

11/17/2012 new

I don't think people should limit themselves by location since one never knows what God has planned. However, certain people do have valid justications for not being able to relocate. Some jobs are more mobile than others which is also a factor. There are jobs which absolutely prohibit you from relocating, jobs which make relocation difficult, and jobs that can be applied everywhere. I'm somewhere in the middle category. My license is only good for California and it would probably take a year or so to get a license in another state. Thankfully California is a large state that gives me lots of mobility, but it would take a lot of planning to move out of state.

11/26/2012 new

(Quote) Conor-267352 said: This posting was locked from 6 months ago & just wanted to put my two cents in on this subjec...
(Quote) Conor-267352 said:

This posting was locked from 6 months ago & just wanted to put my two cents in on this subject. When responding to an emoticon or message, it depends mostly on basic common ground, it really depends upon what kind of commonalities a man & a woman would have, so if I don't have that much in common w/ a woman, I'm not likely to respond, just because there's not much to go on if you don't have all that much in common w/ one another. As far as the distance thing goes, its just far too difficult, it requires MAJOR sacrifices on both the man & the woman which can take a rather emotional toll depending upon the circumstances involved, this can often lead to a deterioration of the relationship, so things could go S unless both agree to work incredibly hard at it & the sacrifices both make are worth in the end. Pesonally, in my situation, I would need a woman to relocate for me, however, for me to ask such a thing to begin w/ would incredibly selfish of me, so its not something I'm going to ask it despite my own wishes or desires, it wouldn't be fair of me to even go there. So going to say that the whole distance thing is just way to hard in my case anyway.

--hide--

I don't think it's selfish to be honest with someone on what you are and are not able to do. Sacrifices are something that our society has grown used to dodging because it might cause suffering. I believe that if you find a long distance relationship worth its salt, things will make it come together if it's in God's plan. goldfish

11/27/2012 new

I have heard from women members of CM that it was worth driving a few hours for that special someone.

Also, I would say to the women that if you get a letter from a man who lives far away, few hours drive or even time zones,

then why not ask the hard questions? I have contacted some women before heading to a job interview, or those

that are near a possible residence? I put that in my profile...if it is read.

For example, for my current job, which is work-from-home I contact women a few hours away and write the first message.

She might ignore me due to the distance...but I can move if things work out. You never know.

11/27/2012 new

I have put I can't relocate but it is more because my career is farming which makes it difficult to leave the means to support a family I have worked at for several years now. I don't rule out the possibility of relocating since in marriage your lifestyle has major changes anyway. My roots go deep into farming so I don't see myself supporting a family another way. God has his way of doing things that you least expect. At one point I thought I would be a computer programmer. Now I'm an egg farmer. It's all about trusting God and taking leaps of faith with all of your trust in him with your soul-mate.

12/04/2012 new

(Quote) John-558391 said: I have put I can't relocate but it is more because my career is farming which makes it difficu...
(Quote) John-558391 said:

I have put I can't relocate but it is more because my career is farming which makes it difficult to leave the means to support a family I have worked at for several years now. I don't rule out the possibility of relocating since in marriage your lifestyle has major changes anyway. My roots go deep into farming so I don't see myself supporting a family another way. God has his way of doing things that you least expect. At one point I thought I would be a computer programmer. Now I'm an egg farmer. It's all about trusting God and taking leaps of faith with all of your trust in him with your soul-mate.

--hide--

I am tied to where I am. My house COULD be sold, but I can only relocate within a reasonable commute to my work. That would be anywhere from the outlying Topeka, Kansas area, to Manhattan at most. . . but costs of living are high the closer you get to a college town, so any small town 30 miles from Holton, Kansas on up to 45 I guess. Meaning, if her career relied on a city, etc. I could do closer to Topeka. I am the CEO of a non-profit and must complete a different degree field I'm studying in order to have any different or improved career options. I like the country a great deal, though, so prefer a smaller town with country nearby; our costs of living are much less expensive as well. I would do up to about a two hour drive, but really could not commit to any more, and will not date someone that considers Kansas City or Omaha "small" metro areas and undesirable. I'm not a city boy. I've done it before. I did a four hour distance and that was too far, and any further is ridiculous as well. I have a professional job and am studying too, so no point in relocating. If a woman says she can't or won't relocate, I don't consider her any further, even if she is only an hour away and we are a good match. . . I can't drive two hours one way to work. . . this isn't NYC.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11