Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

VATICAN CITY (AP) Jake Finkbonner was so close to death after flesh-eating bacteria infected him through a cut on his lip that his parents had last rites performed and were discussing donating the 5-year-old's tiny organs.

Jake's 2006 cure from the infection was deemed medically inexplicable by the Vatican, the "miracle" needed to propel a 17th century Native American, Kateri Tekakwitha, on to sainthood. Kateri will be canonized on Sunday along with six other people, the first Native American to receive the honor.

Jake is fully convinced, as is the church, that the prayers his family and community offered to Kateri, including the placement of a relic of the soon-to-be saint on Jake's leg, were responsible for his survival.

To read more: news.yahoo.com
Oct 20th 2012 new
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: VATICAN CITY (AP) Jake Finkbonner was so close to death after flesh-eating bacteria infected him through a cut on...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: VATICAN CITY (AP) Jake Finkbonner was so close to death after flesh-eating bacteria infected him through a cut on his lip that his parents had last rites performed and were discussing donating the 5-year-old's tiny organs.

Jake's 2006 cure from the infection was deemed medically inexplicable by the Vatican, the "miracle" needed to propel a 17th century Native American, Kateri Tekakwitha, on to sainthood. Kateri will be canonized on Sunday along with six other people, the first Native American to receive the honor.

Jake is fully convinced, as is the church, that the prayers his family and community offered to Kateri, including the placement of a relic of the soon-to-be saint on Jake's leg, were responsible for his survival.

To read more: news.yahoo.com
--hide--
There is a parish dinner after Mass tomorrow in honor of St Kateri Tekakwitha....
Oct 20th 2012 new

visit the shrine this summer my son earned this patch

Oct 20th 2012 new

There have been a lot of miracles at her two major shrines .

Oct 31st 2012 new

I was elated at St Kateri's canonization. Her strength in practicing her faith under ridicule is very admirable.

But I am saddened to see some negative views about it: www.timesunion.com

Oct 31st 2012 new

Some if not most 4th Degree Assemblies of the Knights of Columbus are named after saints. When we were starting a new assembly here at St. Elizabeth's we decided on naming it after her. I was the 1st Faithful Navigator cool

Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Amy-358615 said: I was elated at St Kateri's canonization. Her strength in practicing her faith under ridicule i...
(Quote) Amy-358615 said:

I was elated at St Kateri's canonization. Her strength in practicing her faith under ridicule is very admirable.

But I am saddened to see some negative views about it: www.timesunion.com

--hide--
they want to keep it low key . i visit the shrine with my son . i heard there were lot more .

Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: Some if not most 4th Degree Assemblies of the Knights of Columbus are named after saints. When w...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

Some if not most 4th Degree Assemblies of the Knights of Columbus are named after saints. When we were starting a new assembly here at St. Elizabeth's we decided on naming it after her. I was the 1st Faithful Navigator

--hide--
my son working on this patch

Oct 31st 2012 new

Jake is from the Bellingham Washington area, and I went to college with some of his family. His story is amazing! A good friend of mine, who is a local priest was blessed to be able to attend the Canonization Mass. Here are a couple of articles from the most recent edition of our Archdiocesan newspaper:

www.seattlearchdiocese.org

www.seattlearchdiocese.org

Posts 1 - 9 of 9