Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

There are so many "rite of passage" moments that are supposed to be momentous, or speak to us, or whatever, as we travel this path of adulthood. I was just sitting here pondering what some of my neatest "I'm a grown up!" moments have been.

Honestly- at the risk of sounding kinda dumb - it's a rug I purchased. Not just any rug. It was a rug to go in the living room of my first house. I bought it sight unseen off the internet, putting alot of trust in the digital image. I am awful at house decorating - my mom does it all! But I picked this out all by myself, and now - 1/2 way into my 2nd year in my little house - I still smile every time I look at that rug. I felt bold when buying, and when I unrolled it, it finally hit me - I freakin' bought a HOUSE!!!!!!

biggrin Hope you are out there having a great weekend!

10/20/2012 new
I know this is the under 45 room, but I had my proudest grown up moment this spring when I purchased my car without taking anyone with me to get their opinion first....lol it feels good knowing I really did that one......
10/20/2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: There are so many "rite of passage" moments that are supposed to be momentous, or spe...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

There are so many "rite of passage" moments that are supposed to be momentous, or speak to us, or whatever, as we travel this path of adulthood. I was just sitting here pondering what some of my neatest "I'm a grown up!" moments have been.

Honestly- at the risk of sounding kinda dumb - it's a rug I purchased. Not just any rug. It was a rug to go in the living room of my first house. I bought it sight unseen off the internet, putting alot of trust in the digital image. I am awful at house decorating - my mom does it all! But I picked this out all by myself, and now - 1/2 way into my 2nd year in my little house - I still smile every time I look at that rug. I felt bold when buying, and when I unrolled it, it finally hit me - I freakin' bought a HOUSE!!!!!!

Hope you are out there having a great weekend!

--hide--

Getting my Passport and booking a trip to Fatima, Portugal last year.. What a wonderful place. I roomed by myself but made many new friends on the trip... That rug sounds like a nice purchase.. Congrats on your new house too!!! That is a big achievement too !

God Bless.. Kathleen Praying

10/21/2012 new

Paying off my car. It felt really nice not to have so much of my income tasked for something that declined in value so rapidly.

10/21/2012 new

Well, probably that I am still a Catholic and I was taught the truth! theheart

10/21/2012 new

Mine so far would be buying my own place and accepting all the responsibility that came with it!:)

10/21/2012 new

I think my proudest was moving out on my own and getting to decide how I wanted to decorate and organize my new place. I had permission from my landlord to paint and it was so fun to pick out the paint colors for my bedroom and watch it all come together :) I'm thinking seriously about buying something of my own soon, now that will be a "big girl" moment! :)

10/24/2012 new

I think the time I spent helping to take care of my Mom before she passed away is the most valuable thing I've done as an adult. Beyond that, my last couple years of college,and the couple that followed, also stand out for me. It was a time when I really felt productive, optimistic, energetic....you get the idea. Perhaps that just comes with being in your early twenties. I've done bigger things since but none feel quite the same as when you're doing them the first time.

10/24/2012 new
Flashing my ID at the bar after I turned 21. laughing
10/24/2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: There are so many "rite of passage" moments that are supposed to be momentous, or spe...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

Hope you are out there having a great weekend!

--hide--

Buying a house was probably the BIG one! I was also proud about buying a car and not asking for help from my parents...
Overall though, I think I am proudest of my travels and having an adventurous life...which is not a single moment...but is a bigger reflection of who I am rather than house and car ownership.

Posts 1 - 10 of 33