Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Oct 24th 2012 new

When I bought my first car that wasn't bought 2nd hand from my parents!! biggrin

Oh, and when I first started teaching I paid for my mom's trip to join me as a chaperone - it was odd being in charge when my mom was there but she was so awesome and supportive!

Great question!

Oct 27th 2012 new

Still waiting for it boggled

Nov 1st 2012 new

Paying off all my student loans ($$$) in less than 5 years of full time work!

Nov 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-838315 said: Paying off all my student loans ($$$) in less than 5 years of full time work!
(Quote) Nancy-838315 said:

Paying off all my student loans ($$$) in less than 5 years of full time work!

--hide--

Nice!! cool

Nov 4th 2012 new

(Quote) John-132457 said: Nice!!
(Quote) John-132457 said:

Nice!!

--hide--

I am very proud of myself! cool Thank you!

Nov 4th 2012 new

I have been called very successful in life: I've studied abroad a number of times, I got my college degree, I got a federal career, I bought a car with flat cash, I paid off my student loans, and I bought my own home- all before the age of 25.

But my most successful moments have been a few:
1) when I climbed up Mount Pinkuylluna in Ollantaytambo, Peru;
2) when I got to the top of Machu Picchu and looked not at the ruins, but far into the distance of the Andes, at the jagged rocks and misty jungle;
3) When I went hiking in the Dolly Sods Wilderness area for 20 miles, living out of my backpack, seeing bears and nearly falling down cliffs, and even finding live munitions from WWII (it was a testing site) it was very challenging;
4) When I went out of my comfort zone and flew to CA to be lifeguard at Disneyland. I had never thought of being in the medical field, I felt so insecure at the thought of being a LIFEGUARD ("aren't they supposed to be thin?") and I packed my bags and flew out to the other side of the country in only 1 week from deciding to accept the job, while I was still in college. That took some guts and I am so glad I did it :)))

These are all instances where I pushed myself past my limits, through my comfort zone, and into wild territory I never would have normally considered. That's my achievement.

Nov 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-583970 said: I have been called very successful in life: I've studied abroad a number of times, I got my co...
(Quote) Mary-583970 said:

I have been called very successful in life: I've studied abroad a number of times, I got my college degree, I got a federal career, I bought a car with flat cash, I paid off my student loans, and I bought my own home- all before the age of 25.

But my most successful moments have been a few:
1) when I climbed up Mount Pinkuylluna in Ollantaytambo, Peru;
2) when I got to the top of Machu Picchu and looked not at the ruins, but far into the distance of the Andes, at the jagged rocks and misty jungle;
3) When I went hiking in the Dolly Sods Wilderness area for 20 miles, living out of my backpack, seeing bears and nearly falling down cliffs, and even finding live munitions from WWII (it was a testing site) it was very challenging;
4) When I went out of my comfort zone and flew to CA to be lifeguard at Disneyland. I had never thought of being in the medical field, I felt so insecure at the thought of being a LIFEGUARD ("aren't they supposed to be thin?") and I packed my bags and flew out to the other side of the country in only 1 week from deciding to accept the job, while I was still in college. That took some guts and I am so glad I did it :)))

These are all instances where I pushed myself past my limits, through my comfort zone, and into wild territory I never would have normally considered. That's my achievement.

--hide--
One of them was raising two boys....and getting through their teenhood! Another which comes to mind was taking care of my Mom & Dad before they passed away 15 months apart. (this was tough)

Nov 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: Flashing my ID at the bar after I turned 21.
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: Flashing my ID at the bar after I turned 21.
--hide--

I'm the opposite of you. I've started to get pretty mad when I'm asked for an ID because I don't feel like I'm being treated as an adult! boggled

My proudest "grown up" achievement is being an aunt and godmother. biggrin

Nov 6th 2012 new
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: I'm the opposite of you. I've started to get pretty mad when I'm asked for an ID...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

I'm the opposite of you. I've started to get pretty mad when I'm asked for an ID because I don't feel like I'm being treated as an adult!

My proudest "grown up" achievement is being an aunt and godmother.

--hide--

Margaret believe it or not I was ID'd last spring when out with friends. I was quite flattered to be honest because of my age... The perspective on being ID'd changes from time to time....
Nov 6th 2012 new

My proudest momets were

1. when I got my master's degree - the ceremony and getting the diploma made me feel really proud
2. when I bought a car on my own last fall after my husband left and without him or my parents
3. this past April when I finally got Baptized and was confirmed in the Catholic Church

to come:

4. when my ninth grader and fourth grader take first communion in the spring

Posts 11 - 20 of 33