Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

11/11/2012 new

I am happy and proud of my current life-achievements, but I believe the best is yet to come.

11/12/2012 new

Melanie.....I have recently achieved the same adult status as you. I bought a house!!!!

I just got a new job which thankfully gets me out of the oil field and allows for me to have a normal life. No more phone calls in the middle of the night telling me to get up and drive out to a rig. No more staying up 3 days straight or working 19 days straight. I get a nice 8-5 job with normal sleeping hours!

I got to move back to a city I love and have missed, and to top it off, I bought a house!! I close at the end of the month, so if everything goes the way it's supposed to, I'll be able to celebrate Christmas in my own home!

11/12/2012 new

(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: I'm the opposite of you. I've started to get pretty mad when I'm asked for...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

I'm the opposite of you. I've started to get pretty mad when I'm asked for an ID because I don't feel like I'm being treated as an adult!

--hide--

Haha. I've gotten over being frustrated and decided to start taking it as a compliment. Though I did look bug-eyed at the kid who asked for my ID when I went to buy tickets to a Rated-R movie. I was 26 and couldn't pass for 17?! Me = baffled!

11/12/2012 new

(Quote) Danielle-778585 said: Melanie.....I have recently achieved the same adult status as you. I bought a house!!!!
(Quote) Danielle-778585 said:

Melanie.....I have recently achieved the same adult status as you. I bought a house!!!!

I just got a new job which thankfully gets me out of the oil field and allows for me to have a normal life. No more phone calls in the middle of the night telling me to get up and drive out to a rig. No more staying up 3 days straight or working 19 days straight. I get a nice 8-5 job with normal sleeping hours!

I got to move back to a city I love and have missed, and to top it off, I bought a house!! I close at the end of the month, so if everything goes the way it's supposed to, I'll be able to celebrate Christmas in my own home!

--hide--
Hi Danielle, wave

I'm VERY happy to hear of your good news!!! rose hug

11/13/2012 new

I passed the Board exam for Certified Public Accountant at age 25, almost made it to the top 10 over 11,000 candidates who took the test. Became a book author at age 65; already published 4 books and currently writing 2 books side by side. One is entitled "How to be an Accountant in 10 Days.: It is like the book "Accounting for Dummies." Also made my two children with disabilities become Accountants like me - both works with Big Oil Companies here in Houston. My son just passed the CPA License last December 2011. Without God's graces and Mother Mary's love I couldn't have achieved these.

11/16/2012 new
I went to Barcelona, Spain for a month and had the best time of my life!
12/05/2012 new

Mine would have to be going on my first road trip by myself to CT from FL last year.

12/06/2012 new

(Quote) Mike-675107 said: Still waiting for it
(Quote) Mike-675107 said:

Still waiting for it

--hide--

I've decided to move to Neverland for my next home purchase. Real estate agents are a little hard to find there, though, since apparently only Captain Hook and his pirates are old enough to create contracts, and I can't take up piracy since my knot tying skills are still a little weak. :)

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: There are so many "rite of passage" moments that are supposed to be momentous, or spe...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

There are so many "rite of passage" moments that are supposed to be momentous, or speak to us, or whatever, as we travel this path of adulthood. I was just sitting here pondering what some of my neatest "I'm a grown up!" moments have been.

Honestly- at the risk of sounding kinda dumb - it's a rug I purchased. Not just any rug. It was a rug to go in the living room of my first house. I bought it sight unseen off the internet, putting alot of trust in the digital image. I am awful at house decorating - my mom does it all! But I picked this out all by myself, and now - 1/2 way into my 2nd year in my little house - I still smile every time I look at that rug. I felt bold when buying, and when I unrolled it, it finally hit me - I freakin' bought a HOUSE!!!!!!

Hope you are out there having a great weekend!

--hide--

Mine would be getting a Master's degree after having overcome so much adversity which I have described in other posts.

02/12/2013 new

Ooh! The first time I booked a tour of a foreign country for myself and 5 friends while we lived in Austria! I arranged travel, hotel, food, and all the other stuff. It was the first time I really felt like I had adult responsibilities.

Posts 21 - 30 of 33