Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Nov 11th 2012 new

I am happy and proud of my current life-achievements, but I believe the best is yet to come.

Nov 12th 2012 new

Melanie.....I have recently achieved the same adult status as you. I bought a house!!!!

I just got a new job which thankfully gets me out of the oil field and allows for me to have a normal life. No more phone calls in the middle of the night telling me to get up and drive out to a rig. No more staying up 3 days straight or working 19 days straight. I get a nice 8-5 job with normal sleeping hours!

I got to move back to a city I love and have missed, and to top it off, I bought a house!! I close at the end of the month, so if everything goes the way it's supposed to, I'll be able to celebrate Christmas in my own home!

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Margaret-20183 said: I'm the opposite of you. I've started to get pretty mad when I'm asked for...
(Quote) Margaret-20183 said:

I'm the opposite of you. I've started to get pretty mad when I'm asked for an ID because I don't feel like I'm being treated as an adult!

--hide--

Haha. I've gotten over being frustrated and decided to start taking it as a compliment. Though I did look bug-eyed at the kid who asked for my ID when I went to buy tickets to a Rated-R movie. I was 26 and couldn't pass for 17?! Me = baffled!

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Danielle-778585 said: Melanie.....I have recently achieved the same adult status as you. I bought a house!!!!
(Quote) Danielle-778585 said:

Melanie.....I have recently achieved the same adult status as you. I bought a house!!!!

I just got a new job which thankfully gets me out of the oil field and allows for me to have a normal life. No more phone calls in the middle of the night telling me to get up and drive out to a rig. No more staying up 3 days straight or working 19 days straight. I get a nice 8-5 job with normal sleeping hours!

I got to move back to a city I love and have missed, and to top it off, I bought a house!! I close at the end of the month, so if everything goes the way it's supposed to, I'll be able to celebrate Christmas in my own home!

--hide--
Hi Danielle, wave

I'm VERY happy to hear of your good news!!! rose hug

Nov 13th 2012 new

I passed the Board exam for Certified Public Accountant at age 25, almost made it to the top 10 over 11,000 candidates who took the test. Became a book author at age 65; already published 4 books and currently writing 2 books side by side. One is entitled "How to be an Accountant in 10 Days.: It is like the book "Accounting for Dummies." Also made my two children with disabilities become Accountants like me - both works with Big Oil Companies here in Houston. My son just passed the CPA License last December 2011. Without God's graces and Mother Mary's love I couldn't have achieved these.

Nov 16th 2012 new
I went to Barcelona, Spain for a month and had the best time of my life!
Dec 5th 2012 new

Mine would have to be going on my first road trip by myself to CT from FL last year.

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Mike-675107 said: Still waiting for it
(Quote) Mike-675107 said:

Still waiting for it

--hide--

I've decided to move to Neverland for my next home purchase. Real estate agents are a little hard to find there, though, since apparently only Captain Hook and his pirates are old enough to create contracts, and I can't take up piracy since my knot tying skills are still a little weak. :)

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: There are so many "rite of passage" moments that are supposed to be momentous, or spe...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

There are so many "rite of passage" moments that are supposed to be momentous, or speak to us, or whatever, as we travel this path of adulthood. I was just sitting here pondering what some of my neatest "I'm a grown up!" moments have been.

Honestly- at the risk of sounding kinda dumb - it's a rug I purchased. Not just any rug. It was a rug to go in the living room of my first house. I bought it sight unseen off the internet, putting alot of trust in the digital image. I am awful at house decorating - my mom does it all! But I picked this out all by myself, and now - 1/2 way into my 2nd year in my little house - I still smile every time I look at that rug. I felt bold when buying, and when I unrolled it, it finally hit me - I freakin' bought a HOUSE!!!!!!

Hope you are out there having a great weekend!

--hide--

Mine would be getting a Master's degree after having overcome so much adversity which I have described in other posts.

Feb 12th 2013 new

Ooh! The first time I booked a tour of a foreign country for myself and 5 friends while we lived in Austria! I arranged travel, hotel, food, and all the other stuff. It was the first time I really felt like I had adult responsibilities.

Posts 21 - 30 of 33