Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

I'm more than excited since I invested in a new snowbaord set-up this summer (yay clearance deals!) :P. Who here is excited for the snow season? I know I am :)) Think I might go for a season pass even!

Pray for more snow :P

Oct 21st 2012 new
I wish we had snow in florida :(. Have fun!
Oct 21st 2012 new

I can hardly wait. . . I hate the time when summer has ended in the mountains and winter hasn't quite started as well as when it's muddy spring up there.

I really need to try snowboarding this year. . .

Oct 21st 2012 new

I hit the ski clearances last March: they were probably even better than normal because we hardly got any snow here last year. I got new (well, new to me) cross country skis and bought downhill skis for the first time. I'm certainly hoping I have more chances to put them all to use, even if the day to day activity around here is restricted to cross country. I bought snowshoes, too; I've never actually been snowshoeing, but they were such a good deal, I couldn't resist. I hope I'll like it!

Oct 22nd 2012 new

Snowboarding Sorry, Zach, but is only raining right now....at least at 4,000 feet! But it will be here soon! Enjoy!!

Oct 22nd 2012 new

I'm hoping to try snowshoeing this year too, they do a guided trip on Mt. Rainier during the winter for newbies and I'm hoping to check it out. We just got our first dusting of snow over the Cascades last weekend here too :)

Oct 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Zachary-731605 said: I'm more than excited since I invested in a new snowbaord set-up this summer (yay clearance...
(Quote) Zachary-731605 said:

I'm more than excited since I invested in a new snowbaord set-up this summer (yay clearance deals!) :P. Who here is excited for the snow season? I know I am :)) Think I might go for a season pass even!

--hide--

I am excited. In Colorado, snow means tourists and tourists mean money for the state. We live off the ski industry-- and you really cannot get any prettier mountains than we have here, not even The Alps in Europe are as good for skiing. Europeans now come to Colorado--Aspen, Vail, etc. It snowed a little last week and I understand they already opened one or two of the ski runs in some areas. Thanksgiving weekend is the marker for how the ski season is going to go this year. So we pray for a lot of snow between now and Thanksgiving and then people go up the mountain to eat turkey and get on the ski runs. My son (33) is a traditional skiier and he skis the black runs. My daughter is a boarder.

Oct 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Sandra-892570 said: I wish we had snow in florida :(. Have fun!
(Quote) Sandra-892570 said: I wish we had snow in florida :(. Have fun!
--hide--

I'd settle for less humidity in Florida. If it snowed there rose Clover Clover they Spaniards wouldn't have called it "Florida" (which means a place with many flowers)

Oct 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Zachary-731605 said: I'm more than excited since I invested in a new snowbaord set-up this summer (yay clearance...
(Quote) Zachary-731605 said:

--hide--

I can almost feel the snow in the air! I probably can't ski or board this season...still recovering from a nightmare injury in Nepal, but hope to get in some snowshoeing...and maybe try some light mountaineering, self arrest practice with crampons and ice ax. The Northstar/ Heavenly pass is a good deal, I think it is around $450 this season. I sometime get the Sierra at Tahoe one usually around $250...but it went totally unused last year:o(

Oct 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Adam-399324 said: I hit the ski clearances last March: they were probably even better than normal because we hardly ...
(Quote) Adam-399324 said:

I hit the ski clearances last March: they were probably even better than normal because we hardly got any snow here last year. I got new (well, new to me) cross country skis and bought downhill skis for the first time. I'm certainly hoping I have more chances to put them all to use, even if the day to day activity around here is restricted to cross country. I bought snowshoes, too; I've never actually been snowshoeing, but they were such a good deal, I couldn't resist. I hope I'll like it!

--hide--

Showshoeing is awesome! I think I have a photo of some of my friends and I snowshoeing...and birds were landing on our hands. I love it because it is pretty peaceful. Just be careful at high elevation....I almost killed a bunch of my friends taking them snowshoeing on Mt Shasta..I dense white-out set in and we almost didn't make it back to the cars...almost to dense to see the reflector tags in the trees. Scary.

Posts 1 - 10 of 15