Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Oct 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Zachary-731605 said: I'm more than excited since I invested in a new snowbaord set-up this summer (yay clearance...
(Quote) Zachary-731605 said:

I'm more than excited since I invested in a new snowbaord set-up this summer (yay clearance deals!) :P. Who here is excited for the snow season? I know I am :)) Think I might go for a season pass even!

Pray for more snow :P

--hide--

Hip, hip, hooray!!! cool cool cool

Oct 22nd 2012 new

Snow? What's that?! We're lucky if we even get ice. I'd love to make a snow angel at some point in my life...

Oct 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Showshoeing is awesome! I think I have a photo of some of my friends and I snowshoeing...and ...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Showshoeing is awesome! I think I have a photo of some of my friends and I snowshoeing...and birds were landing on our hands. I love it because it is pretty peaceful. Just be careful at high elevation....I almost killed a bunch of my friends taking them snowshoeing on Mt Shasta..I dense white-out set in and we almost didn't make it back to the cars...almost to dense to see the reflector tags in the trees. Scary.

--hide--
I've snowshoed up here a few times and love it Laura! Try going out the Crabtree trail off of Hwy 108 from Pinecrest.

Oct 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Beverly-649723 said: I've snowshoed up here a few times and love it Laura! Try going out the Crabtree trail off ...
(Quote) Beverly-649723 said:

I've snowshoed up here a few times and love it Laura! Try going out the Crabtree trail off of Hwy 108 from Pinecrest.

--hide--

Cool, looks like they used to give free snowshoe tours of this route! I love Sonora pass in summer...haven't explored that area too much in winter.
Who' is? :o)

prdp2fs.ess.usda.gov

Oct 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-695247 said: Cool, looks like they used to give free snowshoe tours of this route! I love Sonora pass in s...
(Quote) Laura-695247 said:

Cool, looks like they used to give free snowshoe tours of this route! I love Sonora pass in summer...haven't explored that area too much in winter.
Who' is? :o)

prdp2fs.ess.usda.gov

--hide--
I couldn't open the link... Yep, the Sonora Pass is gorgeous, and especially in Fall. The Aspen are liquid gold right now, and the bright blue skies against that golden color is breathtaking. The dogwoods have turned pink/orange, too! I have friends who go out every year during the Christmas Holiday break and go Full-Moon snowshoeing. They take hot cocoa and have a blast! I've never done the night trip, but have during the day, including once with some students from the highschool's Ecology Club. We took out chicken carcasses that had some kind of musk oil rubbed on them, and tacked them up on pine trees, opposite mounted cameras on other trees. It was for a study on the different types of mammals in the area.

I hope your injuries from Nepal aren't serious enough to keep you away from the winter fun! Prayers for your healing. Praying

Posts 11 - 15 of 15