Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Oct 26th 2012 new

Daniel if you don't mind can I ask you a question were you in a long distance relationship?

Oct 28th 2012 new
(Quote) Amy-56598 said: I would rather have a LDR with someone I really liked, who reall...
(Quote) Amy-56598 said:

I would rather have a LDR with someone I really liked, who really liked me, and who was an excellent choice for future spouse than have a so-so relationship with someone who lives ten minutes away.

--hide--

Happy Birthday Amy

I agree I think LDR's can work as long as both people work at them & both people communicate with each other & are honest with each other..... fluffy
Oct 28th 2012 new
I wonder as well about LDR's. I've had one with a gentleman here on CM, and that was two different countries to contend with Canada and the USA. I'd say that on the one hand it's wonderful to have found someone with whom you connect and feel a bond with but I would approach with caution...is there even the vaguest possibility that the two of you could end up in the same place? Is there a willingness and ability to relocate and get a new life, meaning gainful employment, deal with leaving family, uprooting children possibly? There's many "ifs" and if you're a package deal you cannot be selfish, you have to put the well being of your children first. LDR's can be lovely because it's so easy to maintain closeness through email, texting, talking on the phone, but the lack of physical proximity can be wearing and leave you pining away and wondering about the legitimacy of what you're doing. Having been there, done that, it's not so much the LDR in and of itself that caused the end of my try at it, but other causes for concern....So go in with your eyes wide open and enjoy that awesome connection that you have found. Best to you!
Oct 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: Happy Birthday Amy I agree I think LDR's can work as long as both people work at the...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:

Happy Birthday Amy

I agree I think LDR's can work as long as both people work at them & both people communicate with each other & are honest with each other.....
--hide--

Hi Brenda!

Thank you for the Happy Birthday wishes! biggrin hug theheart

Yes, if both people really like each other best, respect each other, and have a realistic idea about and willingness to make the effort, a LDR can work very well.

Dec 10th 2012 new

I'm in one. It can be difficult even though we are both pretty flexible and portable. We get by in between visits with daily phone calls and bunches of emails. We have our little things we do like sharing articles we've read or sending youtube videos of songs that make us think of each other. The hardest part for me is that, being so far apart, I need to remind myself all the time that it's real. It's getting easier with time in some ways and harder in others.

Dec 10th 2012 new

I am currently at the beginning stages of one - and it has been just the past few months that I was even willing to explore this option. So far so good. I have to keep an open mind, keep praying and knowing one of us is going to have to eventually move if things keep going our way. I like it so far and I know I can do my part in it . It has been fun getting to know him and we are looking forward to our first F2F in early Feb. He is a sweetheart of a man and I hope this works out for us and I think it will. Always have hope hug

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said: I know of two, it's not common knowledge so I won't mention any names, but one couple a...
(Quote) Jacqueline-198 said:

I know of two, it's not common knowledge so I won't mention any names, but one couple are NY and CT and engaged, and another couple are MidWest and West Coast, in that situation, the gent knew what he was looking for and pursued her and is relocating to his lady love's state.

--hide--

How sweet! lovestruck!

I think a long distance relationship might be an okay thing for just awhile---only awhile!...I want to get to know the REAL person and so many times there are emotions/chemistry etc. that can blind one upon first meetings. Of course those 'blinding, foggy feelings' feel very nice but I would like to keep a straight head! embarassed scratchchin heart

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: I am currently at the beginning stages of one - and it has been just the past few months that I w...
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

I am currently at the beginning stages of one - and it has been just the past few months that I was even willing to explore this option. So far so good. I have to keep an open mind, keep praying and knowing one of us is going to have to eventually move if things keep going our way. I like it so far and I know I can do my part in it . It has been fun getting to know him and we are looking forward to our first F2F in early Feb. He is a sweetheart of a man and I hope this works out for us and I think it will. Always have hope

--hide--

I am excited for you all; That is so great.

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: My answer is short and sweet. I would recommend it, BUT it only works if BOTH parties are puttin...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

My answer is short and sweet. I would recommend it, BUT it only works if BOTH parties are putting any effort into it.

--hide--
yes, indeed Daniel! wave

Dec 13th 2012 new

I'm in an LDR with someone I met here. We are 3 1/2 hours apart, which was well beyond the distance I was initially willing to consider. But we clicked on the first date and have been seeing/talking/Skyping each other for four months now. With two careers, six kids total, three houses, two dogs, and a cat, it's a bit complicated to figure out how it will all turn out. But we are hanging in there.

Posts 11 - 20 of 20