Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

11/16/2012 new

(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Hmm. I work in Nashville. Could head that way after work. Maybe car pool or something.
(Quote) Tim-734178 said: Hmm. I work in Nashville. Could head that way after work. Maybe car pool or something.
--hide--

My response to that:

Take a car or take a pool, or take a car pool. Just get here! wink

11/26/2012 new

I'm putting January 26-27 on my calendar tomorrow. Thank you for planning this Celia. wave

- Elizabeth

11/26/2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: I'm putting January 26-27 on my calendar tomorrow. Thank you for planning this Celia....
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

I'm putting January 26-27 on my calendar tomorrow. Thank you for planning this Celia.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Yippeeeeeee! You're coming! That is sheer awesomeness!!!!! biggrin I have another Catholic friend named Tim, a very nice, very single gentleman, who is helping to plan the event.

11/27/2012 new
This might work as it is right before my youngest child's birthday...
11/27/2012 new

(Quote) Ronique-499294 said: This might work as it is right before my youngest child's birthday...
(Quote) Ronique-499294 said: This might work as it is right before my youngest child's birthday...
--hide--

wave tongue theheart Ronique - you are just too close to not come! We will have fun, we'll be getting our hands dirty and doing some volunteer work to help a local food pantry, and we'll be going out, and, of course, to Mass together....And, you are welcome to bring a friend if you'd like too!

12/02/2012 new

biggrin cool wave CM Down Home: The East TN Event is......PLANNED!!!!!! Yay!!!!!! wave cool biggrin

Here's what we'll be up to in the hills of East TN, January 26-27. Hold onto your hats cause it is going to be a rockin' good time!

wave Guests are invited to make reservations at the Doubletree Hotel, 211 Mockingbird Lane, Johnson City, TN 37604, Ph # 423-929-2000.
The Doubletree features beautifully appointed rooms, an indoor pool, and a fabulous pub on the ground floor of the hotel. It is centrally located in Johnson City, and within walking distance of many of our activities.

wink Down Home TN begins with a Southwest Brunch in my home at 10:00 AM Sat,. Jan. 26. We'll have a chance to get to know each other, and enjoy a fantastic taste of the Southwest, all in my home, by the warmth of an inviting fire. Don't worry - there will be plenty of hot cocoa and coffee to get us going for the day ahead! When you R.S.V.P. for Down Home, I'll be more than happy to share the address.

heart rosary :theheart: Next, we'll do what Catholics do best: serve. From 12:00-2:00, we'll be working side by side at a local food bank, building a bond of love in Christ and forging new friendships as we help our fellow man.

:angel: From 2:15 - 4:00PM, we'll have a little "down time" during our Down Home Weekend. Guests are invited to spend some time resting, go for a refreshing dip in the indoor pool, or walk over to the mall and enjoy some great shopping! I will warn you, though: you're gonna need your rest. :lol:

:tongue: At 4:30PM, we'll meet at the Smokey Bones Fire Grill for some of the most mouth watering bar-b-que you'll find east of the Mississippi. The restaurant is located at 1905 North Roan St., Johnson City, TN 37601, Ph # 423-979-1706, within easy walkiing distance of the hotel.

:wideeyed: :heart: :hug: At about 6:00, we'll round everyone up and head on out to the best kept secret in Appalachia, The Carter Family Fold located at... :shhh: I forgot it is a secret until you R.S.V.P.!!! Go on and google that now so you can get your history lessons in before you see the place, cause when you get there, you'll want to join in the fun!
"Every Saturday, the hill and hollows of Clinch mountain ring with the music that takes you back to an earlier time. The Carter Fold is a rustic music theatre that seats 850. The dance floor at The Fold comes alive every Saturday as the audience clogs and buck dances to hoe down tunes. Young and old share the floor; there is no generation gap at the Carter Fold." Audience members come from all over the U.S. and the world.
On January 26, CM goes Down Home for a real, live country hoe down! Don't forget your camera, cause you might want a few pictures!

:scratchchin: The hoedown might have us feeling a little thirsty, so we'll head on back to the Doubletree Hotel for a drink in the fabulous on-site
pub. If we're still up for fun, there are dart boards, pool tables, and good ole fashioned corn hole games. And, hey, if you still haven't laughed and danced your cares away, there's a great place to dance the night away within walking distance of the hotel!

:boggled: On Sunday, January 27, we'll start the day at 8:30 at Starbuck's for some good hot coffee, cause I think by then, we'll need it! Starbuck's is located at 2008 North Roan St., Johnson City, TN 37601, almost across from the hotel.

:rosary: :praying: :theheart: Mass at my home church, St. Mary's Catholic, starts at 10:00AM. We'll all be there together,
taking part in the Eucharist as the community of believers we are. The address is 2211 East Lakeview Dr., Johnson City, TN 37601,
ph # 423-283-6367.

:wave: :fluffy: We'll round out the weekend by heading over to Texas Roadhouse, 1808 North Roan St., at 11:30AM to get a juicy steak for lunch! Ya'll might need a full stomach since you've got to travel home. Don't worry - even if you're not a steak fan, they have something for you! Everyone can relax and toss your peanut shells on the floor while we kick back and talk about what an awesome time we had together!

:crying: Don't be sad!!! R.S.V.P. for CM Down Home, today, under East TN Event on the events page. I promise: you'll be glad ya came! :wink:

12/31/2012 new

eyepopping O.K. everyone. We have a few issues with the date for this. First, I am not getting definites - just maybes. I have one definite from Elizabeth, as far as I can see.
The other thing is that I have some personal circumstances that are making this a really rough time of year in a coupke of ways, the first way being health wise.

How would anyone who was a maybe or the one definite think of changing this to April, when it is no longer cold and flu season (thus for me - o' person with immune disease), it would not be a rough time of year. Any thoughts about April as a date to change this too?

If we can do that, it is highly liely that I can do a follow up event towards the end of July at m new place in Knoxville, where it might be more central to people from West/middle TN. Thoughts anyone????

I don't want to disappoint or make anyone mad, but I need to consider health issues at this point. heart

12/31/2012 new
Sounds like a great idea!!
12/31/2012 new

biggrin I Love a Good Road Trip and would be interested in joining you. Please repost if you decide to do this in April for sure wave

I don't know how far you are from Metro DC, so I will GPS the hotel to see and maybe I can find someone to carpool with by then. April is far enough out to research and make proper plans anyway!

12/31/2012 new

I-81 states it is only a 6 hour drive and according to google maps there is no traffic right now biggrin

Posts 11 - 20 of 20