Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: You asked why it is wine that was in shortage and...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said: You asked why it is wine that was in shortage and not bread or fish? I would say it is wine, because that is what they ran out of, there is no other reason. That is what is written.

In answer to your questions"

Re: a Bible passages to prove if the Devil taught them sex the lustful way. After God created Eve, they were both naked, but they were not ashamed of their nakedness Gen 2:25; after the fall, they cover their bodies with leaves, because they have lust in their eyes. The opposite of good is evil. Lust is an evil desire.

Re: Angels do not multiply. When God find that the Angels have sex with the young beautiful women, He decided to destroy them, Read The story of the Deluge. Gen. 6:1-8

Re: Why wine and not the bread or fish that was in shortage in the story. Biblical stories have symbolism. In our Bible studies we are bombarded by so many questions why? Example: Why did Lot's wife turn into a pillar of salt, and not a piece of wood, or metal, or bricks? Why Salt. to answer that we have to look for other Biblical passages that mentioned something about salt. We found one - Jesus said "You are the Salt of the Earth. When the salt loses it's taste, it is as good as nothing." The same as the "Wine" question. We were asked why the wine, then we looked for a passage the talks about wine, then we found the story of the Last Supper.

--hide--

Thank you, but what bible are reading? Can't find it here about lust. www.vatican.va

Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Here we see Our Blessed M...

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Here we see Our Blessed Mother, Mary stepping on the serpent-the devil.

I love this picture.Where did you get this particular picture? I love to get one for my lectures.

--hide--

Someone here on CM posted it last year. It prints out really nice.

Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Someone here on CM posted it last year. It prints out really nice.
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Someone here on CM posted it last year. It prints out really nice.

--hide--
Thanks Cindy. I now have it in my computer. I will make copies of this for my lectures. Thanks again.

Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Thank you, but what bible are reading? Can't find it here about lust. http://www....

Thank you, but what bible are reading? Can't find it here about lust. www.vatican.va

--hide--
I have a big Bible published by United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). No it is not stated at all in the Bible, but to equate their conditions before the Fall and after the Fall, we can deduce that the reason why they covered their bodies was that they were ashamed of their feelings for each other particularly of what they just did. In the Jewish teaching, they interpreted the sins of Adam and Eve as mere disobedience and that having sex has nothing to do with it. We were told that Theologians and Scripture Interpreters during that time used euphemisn in their works about the Bible being written in a different language. One of them is the apple and the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil located at the center of the Garden of Eden. Some modern interpreters were direct in concluding that the garden of Eden being at the center is the human body and what we find at the center are our reproductive organs thus the Tree of Knwledge of Good and Evil. Of course, there is so much debate going on with this issue, but in the meantime let us just stick to the teachings we receive in our Cathechism. I for one is still confused with this.

Nov 1st 2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: A beautiful story.employees.oneonta.edu From the G...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: A beautiful story.employees.oneonta.edu

From the Golden Legends.
--hide--

Thanks for sharing this story! biggrin
Nov 1st 2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: Mary is the woman God refered when He was cursing the serpent.

Mary is the woman God refered when He was cursing the serpent. Gen 3:15 "I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her. We all know that the sins of Adam and Eve had something to do with God's commandment not to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Before this commandment was given to them, God already made Adam a male and Eve a female, for what, if they would not copulate. God intended them to multiply and dominate the earth just as the birds, beast, and animals would. But when God took a rest on the 7th day, the devil (serpent) misled Adam and Eve about their sexuality. (as we are told, Lucifer is a fallen angel. He was said to be jealous of Adam and Eve because they are given a gift of procreation which was deprived on the angels (angels do not multiply), So the devil taught Adam and Eve the lustful way of having sex. God's plan was the painless way of giving birth (Eve's punishment was to labor and have pain when giving birth) and Adam wouldn't have to work on the soil to live. (the soil is his reminder that he will die)

But God promised a Redeemer who is Jesus, the offspring of Mary. Jesus will crushed the serpent on his feet. So we have a portrait of Mary stepping on the serpents. Connecting the story to the first miracle of Jesus which was the wedding at Cana. Mary was the one who asked Jesus to do something about the wine shortage. Why is it wine and not the bread or fish that was in shortage? The wine in this scenario symbolizes merry making and intoxication which later on in his redemption become his blood. Her the sacrament of matrimony (the first sacrament) is established by Jesus to fortify that bondage of marriage to form a family - the foundation of a society. This is why a priest who represent Christ on earth serves as a witness as he officiate the wedding ceremony. Why must Jesus and Mary be present on this ocassion? The answer is to shield and protect the union of a man and woman from the temptation of the devil. Long before Mary was born, God already set up her role. Note: Got this discussion in a Bible Study.

--hide--

From what I understand, it is Mary that crushes the serpent's head:

Genesis 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
Nov 1st 2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:Mary is the woman God refered when He was cursing the serpent.Gen 3:15 "I will put enmity between you and...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:Mary is the woman God refered when He was cursing the serpent.Gen 3:15 "I will put enmity between you and the woman and between your offspring and her. We all know that the sins of Adam and Eve had something to do with God's commandment not to eat the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Before this commandment was given to them, God already made Adam a male and Eve a female, for what, if they would not copulate. God intended them to multiply and dominate the earth just as the birds, beast, and animals would. But when God took a rest on the 7th day, the devil (serpent) misled Adam and Eve about their sexuality. (as we are told, Lucifer is a fallen angel. He was said to be jealous of Adam and Eve because they are given a gift of procreation which was deprived on the angels (angels do not multiply), So the devil taught Adam and Eve the lustful way of having sex. God's plan was the painless way of giving birth (Eve's punishment was to labor and have pain when giving birth) and Adam wouldn't have to work on the soil to live. (the soil is his reminder that he will die)

But God promised a Redeemer who is Jesus, the offspring of Mary. Jesus will crushed the serpent on his feet. So we have a portrait of Mary stepping on the serpents. Connecting the story to the first miracle of Jesus which was the wedding at Cana. Mary was the one who asked Jesus to do something about the wine shortage. Why is it wine and not the bread or fish that was in shortage? The wine in this scenario symbolizes merry making and intoxication which later on in his redemption become his blood. Her the sacrament of matrimony (the first sacrament) is established by Jesus to fortify that bondage of marriage to form a family - the foundation of a society. This is why a priest who represent Christ on earth serves as a witness as he officiate the wedding ceremony. Why must Jesus and Mary be present on this ocassion? The answer is to shield and protect the union of a man and woman from the temptation of the devil. Long before Mary was born, God already set up her role. Note: Got this discussion in a Bible Study.
--hide--

From what I understand, it is Mary that crushes the serpent's head:

Genesis 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Enjoy seeing this! www.youtube.com

Enjoy seeing this! www.youtube.com

--hide--
Cindy you read the Bible not only to know but to seek the truth and you found them. Thanks for this video. I shared this with my Facebook friends. I am glad I found this thread.

Nov 1st 2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Here we see Our Blessed Mother, Mary stepping on the serpent-the devil.

Here we see Our Blessed Mother, Mary stepping on the serpent-the devil.
--hide--

Thanks for posting this beautiful picture of theheartThe Blessed Mother of God.theheart
Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Enjoy seeing this! www.youtube.com.

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Enjoy seeing this! www.youtube.com

Cindy you read the Bible not only to know but to seek the truth and you found them. Thanks for this video. I shared this with my Facebook friends. I am glad I found this thread.

--hide--

I thought this video was so nicely arranged and had a lot to say. It was made by a Marion priest. I thought that Valentine would appreciate when they talked about the King and Queen Babsheba. It also talks about the tree of life.

Posts 51 - 60 of 90