Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Nov 1st 2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I thought this video was so nicely arranged and had a lot to say. It was made by a Marion pries...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

I thought this video was so nicely arranged and had a lot to say. It was made by a Marion priest. I thought that Valentine would appreciate when they talked about the King and Queen Babsheba. It also talks about the tree of life.

--hide--

I did think it was good, except for Genesis 3:15.
Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I thought this video was so nicely ...
(Quote) Valentin-119637 said:
Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

I thought this video was so nicely arranged and had a lot to say. It was made by a Marion priest. I thought that Valentine would appreciate when they talked about the King and Queen Babsheba. It also talks about the tree of life.

--hide--

Oh, please tell me about it, I am suffering with a terrible virus and have to get off for now, and ready myself for work, my head is in a fog..... I didn't have time to scrutinize it all.

Nov 1st 2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Oh, please tell me about it, I am suffering with a terrible virus and have to get off for n...

Oh, please tell me about it, I am suffering with a terrible virus and have to get off for now, and ready myself for work, my head is in a fog..... I didn't have time to scrutinize it all.

--hide--

I'm thankful that you did post the video, there's alot of good information in there. I just wanted to point out the part that I didn't agree with, that's all. I hope you get better soon.

God Bless. Praying
Nov 1st 2012 new

(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: From what I understand, it is Mary that crushes the serpent's head: Genesis 3:15 ...

From what I understand, it is Mary that crushes the serpent's head:

Genesis 3:15 I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: she shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel.
--hide--

Yes Valentin, Mary will crush the serpent head on her feet. During the time the promised Redeemer is not in the picture yet, but it would be the serpent and Mary; her offspring who is Jesus and the offspring of the serpent, who are also serpents (legions of serpents) the evil doers in this world.

Nov 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: I would like to learn more about Mary's mantle. Does anyone know some of the things it...

I would like to learn more about Mary's mantle. Does anyone know some of the things it may represent?

--hide--

Valentin, please see this...

defining-beauty.blogspot.com

Nov 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Mary's Mantle means she is our protectress. "Protect us with your pr...

Mary's Mantle means she is our protectress. "Protect us with your precious veil"

--hide--

Not veil, Cindy, but with her cape-like wrapping around her body, to cover us and protect us. See this...

Nov 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-846262 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Mary's Mantle means she...
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Mary's Mantle means she is our protectress. "Protect us with your precious veil"

Not veil, Cindy, but with her cape-like wrapping around her body, to cover us and protect us. See this...

--hide--

Yes I know, but that is how the old prayer is stated. It is beautiful. theheart

Nov 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: I thought this video was so nicely ...
Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

I thought this video was so nicely arranged and had a lot to say. It was made by a Marion priest. I thought that Valentine would appreciate when they talked about the King and Queen Bathsheba. It also talks about the tree of life.

--hide--

I can see where you are coming from. I think maybe he took those verses from Douay Rheims- drbo.org.htm

I think it a play on words and can be very confusing and can easily be misinterpreted. Not sure but did he misspell the word heel to heal? Maybe a typo error.

Also, please note there are two stories of creation. The first creation story is actually the second one that was written and the second creation is the first one that was written. The second creation story is the human one, Chapter 2, here free will was used to choose evil.

Interesting enough is what St. Jerome- The New Jerome Biblical Commentary has to say;

.......The snake is not Satan, though later traditions so interpreted it (e.g. Wis 2:24 ). He is simply a mischievous creature made by God, dramatically necessary to awaken in the woman a desire to eat of the forbidden fruit; he recedes into the background when his narrative function is accomplished. The snake's question in v 1b and the woman's answer in vv-2-3 are both inaccurate interpertations of the originally simple divine command in 2: 16-17.

.......like divine beings knowing good and bad: Elohim, the ordinary name for God in the OT, means "divine beings" when it is used with a pl.vb., as here. At the snake's deceptive assurance, the woman eats and persuades her husband to eat. Their innocence lost through disobedience, they make primitive loincloth.

.......God appears at the afternoon breeze, their sin is not hid from God, to whom they are accountable. The man blames the woman. ( in ironic contrast to 2:23 ) and the woman blames the snake; just punishment will be meted out according to the order of sinning.

.......The snake is cursed, condemned to crawl on its belly , eat dirt, and be forever the enemy of the woman whom he deceived and of her offspring, he shall strike your head; "He" refers to offspring, which is masc. in Hebrew. Christian tradition has sometimes referred it to Christ, but hte literal reference is to the human descendants of Eve, who will regard snakes as enemies.

Nov 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: (Quote) Valentin-119637 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: <...

Quote:
Valentin-119637 said:
Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

I thought this video was so nicely arranged and had a lot to say. It was made by a Marion priest. I thought that Valentine would appreciate when they talked about the King and Queen Bathsheba. It also talks about the tree of life.

I can see where you are coming from. I think maybe he took those verses from Douay Rheims- drbo.org.htm

I think it a play on words and can be very confusing and can easily be misinterpreted. Not sure but did he misspell the word heel to heal? Maybe a typo error.

Also, please note there are two stories of creation. The first creation story is actually the second one that was written and the second creation is the first one that was written. The second creation story is the human one, Chapter 2, here free will was used to choose evil.

Interesting enough is what St. Jerome- The New Jerome Biblical Commentary has to say;

.......The snake is not Satan, though later traditions so interpreted it (e.g. Wis 2:24 ). He is simply a mischievous creature made by God, dramatically necessary to awaken in the woman a desire to eat of the forbidden fruit; he recedes into the background when his narrative function is accomplished. The snake's question in v 1b and the woman's answer in vv-2-3 are both inaccurate interpertations of the originally simple divine command in 2: 16-17.

.......like divine beings knowing good and bad: Elohim, the ordinary name for God in the OT, means "divine beings" when it is used with a pl.vb., as here. At the snake's deceptive assurance, the woman eats and persuades her husband to eat. Their innocence lost through disobedience, they make primitive loincloth.

.......God appears at the afternoon breeze, their sin is not hid from God, to whom they are accountable. The man blames the woman. ( in ironic contrast to 2:23 ) and the woman blames the snake; just punishment will be meted out according to the order of sinning.

.......The snake is cursed, condemned to crawl on its belly , eat dirt, and be forever the enemy of the woman whom he deceived and of her offspring, he shall strike your head; "He" refers to offspring, which is masc. in Hebrew. Christian tradition has sometimes referred it to Christ, but hte literal reference is to the human descendants of Eve, who will regard snakes as enemies.

--hide--

drbo.org

Nov 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Maria-846262 said: Valentin, please see this... defining-beauty.blogspot.com.
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

Valentin, please see this...

--hide--

This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing! biggrin
Posts 61 - 70 of 90