Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

10/27/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: A secret destination? How intriguing - can't you share it with your fellow CM'e...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

A secret destination? How intriguing - can't you share it with your fellow CM'ers here?

--hide--

But if I shared, it wouldn't be a secret any more shhh ... at least the person who I visited knew where I was biggrin

10/28/2012 new

(Quote) Jane-794001 said: I have always wanted to go on a cruse, but don't like the idea of going alone. With a crowd I ...
(Quote) Jane-794001 said:

I have always wanted to go on a cruse, but don't like the idea of going alone. With a crowd I am always the 5th wheel.

--hide--

I agree with you Jane. I too feel the same..... wave

10/28/2012 new

Tricia, you KNOW I am all over travel! Loved your description of PV... I am so jealous you will be wintering there! It's paradise!

I have never met anyone romantic on a vacation. But that is no reason not to go!

I am very partial to the Yucatan penisula south of Cancun. Playa del Carmen, south to Tulum, toward Belize...this is truly paradise, and so accessible from the U.S.

10/28/2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: Tricia, you KNOW. I am all over travel! Loved your description of PV... I am so jealous you will be w...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

Tricia, you KNOW. I am all over travel! Loved your description of PV... I am so jealous you will be wintering there! It's paradise!

I have never met anyone romantic on a vacation. But that is no reason not to go!

I am very partial to the Yucatan penisula south of Cancun. Playa del Carmen, south to Tulum, toward Belize...this is truly paradise, and so accessible from the U.S.

--hide--

Hi Patricia! I just had a thought (I do get them from time to time). Actually, I will be in PV this year late NOV.- mid DEC., but haven't made plans for January or February yet. And, I normally go for a month mid-Jan to mid-Feb to get away from the cold, but this year I may just go for a couple weeks (say late Jan). I've been to Cancun, but that was when it first opened up in the early 80's - gorgeous beaches. I've wanted to go to Playa del Carmen and the beach area south of there - I love white sand beaches!

So, I wonder, if there might be interest by anyone other than myself (including you, Patricia) from CM in going for a week or two or three to that area this winter (anywhere from say Jan. 20 - Feb. 20 when it's freezing up north and the holidays are over and the winter doldrums have set in)?

I try to travel in a fairly economical manner, and one can usually do that in Mexico - particularly as a single - because the smaller hotels (not the big tourist resorts) will usually charge the same price for a single room as a double and normally one can find something within a block or two or three of the beach for well under $100 a night including all the taxes (and sometimes breakfast) - at least that is true in Puerto Vallarta. Another option if there were several CM people that might be interested would be to rent a villa type accomodation that would have several bedrooms, bathrooms, pool, etc.

I've generally travelled by myself (not always, but most of the time) because it was usually so hard to find someone with the same interests available at the same time (and really, at this age, I would rather have a room to myself), but it would be fun having people of like mind to go to dinner with, see the sights, go to the beach, etc.

What do you think? I wonder if I should post something in another forum just to see if there would be interest? You're a great organizer, Patricia - any thoughts? And, do you have any recommendations for that area of Mexico - not luxury, but more mid-ranged or inexpensive pricing (as I think everyone these days is on a budget due to the economy, etc.)? Is it better to stay in Playa del Carmen or are there areas south of there that you would suggest?

10/28/2012 new

I just posted a new thread in the member's meetups forum entitled "Vacation in Playa del Carmen/Riviera Maya in late January or early February" to see if anyone on CM would be interested in a vacation trip there?

www.catholicmatch.com

10/28/2012 new

Hi Tricia,

That is a great idea; the Cancun area is so easy from just about anywhere in the US.

I am already going on the Avemariasingles cruise in January, and will be south of Playa and on Cozumel for day trips from the cruise the last week of January. So I won't be able to do it, but if you do go then, perhaps there could a rendevous in one of those towns.

While I think it a great idea, I imagine many either don't have the time or the money to do this. But it is a lovely idea!

10/28/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I'm getting so tired of working and writing about campaign/election stuff, that I thought I...

I'm getting so tired of working and writing about campaign/election stuff, that I thought I would write/talk about my favorite topic - vacations and travel! So, as an older single (over 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 - you get the picture), do you travel by yourself, with friends, relatives, organized groups? And, where do you go - what cities, countries, continents? What kind of vacations do you enjoy - relaxing on the beach, kayaking in the ocean, trekking up mountain, watching theatre/concerts in NY or big city, driving around the country, backpacking around Europe, volunteering in Africa, etc., visiting museums in DC, or just hanging around a relative's/friend's house somewhere?

And,perhaps most importantly to us here on CM, have you ever met someone special (as in a future date, significant other, potential mate) on any of these vacations? If so, where, when and what were you doing when you met this person and did it end up in a dating relationship or just an enjoyable dinner in your favorite place?

--hide--

I usually travel with my bff and we are both 50 and 51 respectively, have had fun whereever we've gone, Disney World (FL), New Orleans (just went 3 weeks ago to celebrate my bday), Chicago (with CM), Ireland (with CM) Boson (CM and w/ bff) Philly (CM), Providence, Rhode Island (CM) and I've done my own travelling with family, it all depends on what you like to do and what area of the world you enjoy visiting, I enjoy to travel and I like to see the local hang outs and mom and pop restaurants, I live right outside of NYC and still like to go into the City and go 'exploring' half the fun is seeing something I've never seen before. We did that in NOLA, I had been there 4 times before and this time I saw stuff I've never seen before. In my travels, I've met many wonderful people in my travels men and women alike (especially on CM outings).

10/28/2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I just posted a new thread in the member's meetups forum entitled "Vacation in Playa d...

I just posted a new thread in the member's meetups forum entitled "Vacation in Playa del Carmen/Riviera Maya in late January or early February" to see if anyone on CM would be interested in a vacation trip there?

www.catholicmatch.com

--hide--

Please be safe, sadly beautiful Mexico has had major crime issues depending on where you've travel, I used to go Mexico back in the day, CanCun was one of my favorite places, it's very beautiful.

10/28/2012 new

(Quote) Jane-794001 said: I have always wanted to go on a cruse, but don't like the idea of going alone. With a crowd I ...
(Quote) Jane-794001 said:

I have always wanted to go on a cruse, but don't like the idea of going alone. With a crowd I am always the 5th wheel.

--hide--

i'd like to go on a cruise, to alaska during one summer, to the Mediterranen sea, etc.

11/03/2012 new

I decided since I retired in September to give myself a little treat. As I live in New Jersey, I went to Cape May for 3 days. Not far, not too expensive....and so glad I went when I did because I am pretty sure (due to "Sandy") it does not look as beautiful as it did when I went there! I would love to find travel companions (and once I know what I will be getting pension-wise) and do more traveling, or travel alone too.

Posts 11 - 20 of 36