Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Nov 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: I'm getting so tired of working and writing about campaign/election stuff, that I thought I...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

I'm getting so tired of working and writing about campaign/election stuff, that I thought I would write/talk about my favorite topic - vacations and travel! So, as an older single (over 45, 50, 55, 60, 65 - you get the picture), do you travel by yourself, with friends, relatives, organized groups? And, where do you go - what cities, countries, continents? What kind of vacations do you enjoy - relaxing on the beach, kayaking in the ocean, trekking up mountain, watching theatre/concerts in NY or big city, driving around the country, backpacking around Europe, volunteering in Africa, etc., visiting museums in DC, or just hanging around a relative's/friend's house somewhere?

And,perhaps most importantly to us here on CM, have you ever met someone special (as in a future date, significant other, potential mate) on any of these vacations? If so, where, when and what were you doing when you met this person and did it end up in a dating relationship or just an enjoyable dinner in your favorite place?

--hide--

Hmm! I just don't feel the need to take avacation from being permanently on vacation.

I do think it is time to head East this Spring to see the relatives that are still alive before they are all gone

Does that count as a vacation?

Nov 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: Hmm! I just don't feel the need to take avacation from being permanently on vacation....
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

Hmm! I just don't feel the need to take avacation from being permanently on vacation.

I do think it is time to head East this Spring to see the relatives that are still alive before they are all gone

Does that count as a vacation?

--hide--

Whether or not it counts as a vacation I think is whether or not you enjoy yourself! But, it definitely counts as travel. Go for it!

And, I definitely feel the need to take a vacation from being retired (since I'm always so busy here with all kinds of things, it is good to get away from the daily "grind". When I go to Mexico, I don't take a computer, a cell phone, and there are really no current U.S. newspapers there. No mail, bills to deal with from home. So, if I stay away from the internet (at the internet cafes), I can be in a blissful state of ignorance of world affairs/problems for the duration of my vacation - and I love it!!! It's quite refreshing - you might want to try it some time!

Nov 3rd 2012 new

Cape May is one of my favorite places, and one of the most lovely in the U.S. I can't believe the harm that Sandy caused to that lovely town, from the news reports.

Nov 4th 2012 new

Sure, I love to travel! I'm insatiably curious and love to explore. As my son is still in high school and actually doesn't mind hanging out with his mom for extended periods of time, I still have a built in traveling companion. His summer schedule keeps getting crazier though, so when the time comes, I'm not above taking my own little vacations without him. I'm sure that if I'm on my own though, the get-aways will probably be a bit more low-key with a little bit more relaxation time penciled in as I won't be so excited to show him so many new and exciting things. At least, for the time being, when we are road-tripping, he can do a lot of the driving for me and that sure helps.

Two summers ago, besides going to Spain for World Youth Day, we also flew down to Vegas to see the Grand Canyon and area then flew on over to Albuquerque to go hot air ballooning. (So cool!) We then drove on down to Roswell (annual alien festival vulcan ) and to Carlsbad Caverns before heading back up to Santa Fe and Taus (some of my favorite spots thus far).

This summer we took a mini vacation to Washington D.C. to once again meet up with a friend from Africa (who I met a few years ago on CM) as he was back in the USA for a conference. While there, my history junkie son and I couldn't begin to take in all the historical sites we'd have liked to, but it wasn't due to a lack of effort!

Later in the summer, we flew down to Charlotte, NC then made a big loop up the Blue Ridge Mountains, headed for the coast to check out Yorktown, Jamestown, Williamsburge etc... and then worked our way down the coast to Charleston. No matter how many days/weeks we are gone, it never seems to be enough to see all that we would like to see. He was ready to start planning the next trip, hours after we returned from that one. :) That's all well and good, but he's got to learn to give this old lady a chance to catch her breath in between whirlwinds! After all, 'the old grey mare just ain't what she used to be....' wink

I have considered trying to find someone to travel with when my built in companion is no longer available, but I'll tackle that when the time comes. I would like to try a CM event sometime, but thus far it hasn't worked out. While on a few vacations I've encountered a couple of men that seriously peaked my interest but with my son along, it didn't really seem a great time to try and get to know them on a more personal level, so I just left well enough alone. Besides, how do you slip your phone number to a guy who thinks it's the 1800s and the civil war just ended? Heck, he can't even act like he knows what a phone is, let along promise to call! rolling eyes

Nov 4th 2012 new

I receive a lot of vacation time from my place of employment. I enjoy traveling within the United States and abroad. When I do go on vacation it is usually during the months of June, July or August. As for myself, I am not fond of cruises. I like taking an airplane. Up, Up and Away!

Nov 4th 2012 new

Chicken??? I admit...I'm kind of a chicken to travel alone too far.

Nov 4th 2012 new

(Quote) Jane-794001 said: I have always wanted to go on a cruse, but don't like the idea of going alone. With a crowd I ...
(Quote) Jane-794001 said:

I have always wanted to go on a cruse, but don't like the idea of going alone. With a crowd I am always the 5th wheel.

--hide--

I'm with you, Jane. I've always wanted to go on a cruise too and never have done it. My life-long dream, however, has always been to go from Paris to Istanbul in the Orient Express. Yes, the Orient Express train conglomerate still has this trip on their itinerary and I understand is very beautiful and also very pricey.

Nov 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-846262 said: I've always wanted to go on a cruise too and never have done it.
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

I've always wanted to go on a cruise too and never have done it.

--hide--

Single cruise travel can be expensive, from what I've read. You really do need a roommate. It would be nice if someone organized a CM cruise. I'd do it but I wouldn't have the faintest idea how/where to begin.

Nov 22nd 2012 new

I do like to travel and have done a lot of through out the USA it over the years when I was going to national conventions with a community service organization I use to belong to ( the Jaycees ) and with a different organization the is part of it. I do like to travel with people from my parish and 2 years ago I went to the Holy Land and Rome and next year will go to Poland, The Czech Republic, Hungary and Austria that will be a lot of fun. I do like to travel but don't like to travel alone. I would just like to have someone to talk to as I go around seeing the difrent sites. I may try it alone after my next big trip in a few years just to see if I would like it or not.

Dec 6th 2012 new
Someone that likes traveling as much as I do. Too bad there aren't more men involved in this forum ....we could get a group together what a way to get to know others! I love Ireland and Italy. I am going to Hawaii in February with 8 other people. We have rented a house. Void that last year too. Bit was great. Next year when I retire I plan to drive up through New England
Posts 21 - 30 of 36