Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Oct 28th 2012 new
David:

How does this work?

Sue
Oct 28th 2012 new

I am also in and enjoyed the previous Novena, Thanks David

Add my name: Arcagelina

Oct 28th 2012 new

Count me in. rosary theheart lovestruck!

Oct 28th 2012 new

Count me in, David! rosary May God be praised! theheart

Oct 29th 2012 new

I would love to participate. i am in. Thank you.

Oct 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Sue-501768 said: David: How does this work? Sue
(Quote) Sue-501768 said: David:

How does this work?

Sue
--hide--

Hi Sue - read some of the links at the very beginning of this thread. If you have questions after that, please message me. So glad you're participating in this Novena!

rosary

Oct 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Sue-501768 said: David: How does this work? Sue
(Quote) Sue-501768 said: David:

How does this work?

Sue
--hide--

Here's something I found on a Facebook commuity dedicated to this Novena devotion:

HOW IS THE ROSARY NOVENA PRAYED?

The Rosary Novena is prayed in the same way as a single Rosary is prayed, with the exception of the intention at the beginning of the Rosary. On each of the 54 days of the Novena, 5 decades of the Rosary are prayed. On the first 27 days, the main intention asks for whatever blessing you are seeking. On the remaining 27 days, the main intention thanks God for granting what you have sought, even if it has not yet been revealed to you that you have received it.

The first 27 intentions might take a form similar to: "Dear Lord, we offer this Rosary as part of our Rosary Novena for the gift of ...". While stating the intention, you should also affirm to yourself that God, in the abundance of his love, has truly granted what you are requesting through the Novena, and try to fully trust and love God in return.

The last 27 intentions might take a form similar to: "Dear Lord, we offer this Rosary as part of our Rosary Novena in thanksgiving for the gift of ...". While stating the intention, you should also try to fully believe that God has, in fact, really granted you what you have requested, and try to thank him with the same sincerity as you would if you had what you requested "sitting in front of you" already. Remember we pray the Rosary in this particular sequence:

Day 1 is the Joyful Mysteries
Day 2 is the Luminous Mysteries
Day 3 is the Sorrowful Mysteries
Day 4 is the Glorious Mysteries

We continue in this order until we reach Day 28 and we begin again with the Joyful Mysteries. Day 28 of the Novena is when we change from petitioning God for our intentions and start praying in thanksgiving to God for answering our prayer, even if in fact we have not received what we have asked for, we are thanking Him and in all things, we are giving Him praise and glory for all that He is doing for us. For He indeed hears our prayer and will answer it, but always in His time and in His way. Always for our greater good and for His glory!

Oct 29th 2012 new

I'm in rosary

Oct 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Josephine-586127 said: I'm in
(Quote) Josephine-586127 said:

I'm in

--hide--

Yay! Thanks!

Oct 29th 2012 new

Thank you David and Cherie, I will participate. rosary rose

Posts 61 - 70 of 200