Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

There is a software quirk that needs attention. Someone is going to reply to a post and quote the matter. The cursor appears. A user hits the "return" or "enter" button, to start writing at the next line. The CM system, however, has a hiccup, decides to double-space the quoted material and then posts a blank post to the conversation - withouth the "submit" button having been pressed. My clocked typing of 77 wpm may have something to do with this but even at times when I have decided that it is safe to begin to type, and press "enter," the hiccup happens.

It probably isn't that big of a deal in conversations where there aren't many respondents but in some of those topics that fill the quota of 200 replies, it is an empty space where a voice could have been heard instead. Also, it is less work for the person who may go back and remove the empty nests, so to speak. Just my two cents (now worth 1c with inflation).

10/26/2012 new

(Quote) John-727073 said: Also, it is less work for the person who may go back and remove
(Quote) John-727073 said:

Also, it is less work for the person who may go back and remove

--hide--

meaning if the empty spaces appear, a software fix would help avoid having to remove the empty comments manually.

11/13/2012 new

(Quote) John-727073 said: There is a software quirk that needs attention. Someone is going to reply to a post and quote the ...
(Quote) John-727073 said:

There is a software quirk that needs attention. Someone is going to reply to a post and quote the matter. The cursor appears. A user hits the "return" or "enter" button, to start writing at the next line. The CM system, however, has a hiccup, decides to double-space the quoted material and then posts a blank post to the conversation - withouth the "submit" button having been pressed. My clocked typing of 77 wpm may have something to do with this but even at times when I have decided that it is safe to begin to type, and press "enter," the hiccup happens.

It probably isn't that big of a deal in conversations where there aren't many respondents but in some of those topics that fill the quota of 200 replies, it is an empty space where a voice could have been heard instead. Also, it is less work for the person who may go back and remove the empty nests, so to speak. Just my two cents (now worth 1c with inflation).

--hide--
Maybe one of the moderators can help you!
My 1/2 cent worth Coffee

Posts 1 - 3 of 3