Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Oct 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: What Paul is saying is that we are called by God , we are all one in Jesus Christ, whether when...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

What Paul is saying is that we are called by God , we are all one in Jesus Christ, whether when we are called, are circumsised or not, and whether we are slave or not. For when one is called at what state they are in, is not what is important, but having been called by God is what matters that we are free.

Galatians 3:28 "There does not exist among youJew or Greek, slave or freeman, male or female. All are one in Christ Jesus."

Colossians 3:11 "There is no Greek or Jew here, circumcised or uncircumcised, foreigner, Scythian, slave, or freeman. Rather, Christ is everything in all of you."

--hide--

Yes, I agree, being called by God is important. However, I would add that we answer God's call in a positive manner by the observance of the commandments of God.
Oct 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: I'm not sure I agree with the above statement. God has told us the consequences of sin. <...
(Quote) Valentin-119637 said:

I'm not sure I agree with the above statement. God has told us the consequences of sin.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death. But the grace of God, life everlasting, in Christ Jesus our Lord.
--hide--

Yes. if not for the sins of Adam and Eve. the Tree of Life would have been available to them. Any idea what the Tree of Life is? This is different from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

Oct 29th 2012 new
Hmm... it's weird. Last night I grabbed the bible off the book shelf and opened it to a random page hoping to get some advice. This was what I got.
Oct 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: Yes. if not for the sins of Adam and Eve. the Tree of Life would have been available to th...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

Yes. if not for the sins of Adam and Eve. the Tree of Life would have been available to them. Any idea what the Tree of Life is? This is different from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

--hide--

My definition of the Tree of Life would be one that provides us with fruit that helps us do the will of God.
Oct 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: Hmm... it's weird. Last night I grabbed the bible off the book shelf and opened it to a random page hoping t...
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: Hmm... it's weird. Last night I grabbed the bible off the book shelf and opened it to a random page hoping to get some advice. This was what I got.
--hide--

You opened the Bible to 1 Corinthians 7:1-39 ?
Oct 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: You opened the Bible to 1 Corinthians 7:1-39 ?

You opened the Bible to 1 Corinthians 7:1-39 ?
--hide--

Yeah. I was looking for some advice involving my husband hunting and a certain ex of mine and this was the page that came up. After I read all that I flipped to some other random pages but I just got parts of stories that made no sense.
Oct 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: Yeah. I was looking for some advice involving my husband hunting and a certain ex of mine and this was t...
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said:

Yeah. I was looking for some advice involving my husband hunting and a certain ex of mine and this was the page that came up. After I read all that I flipped to some other random pages but I just got parts of stories that made no sense.
--hide--

So did reading 1 Corinthians 7:1-39 provide you with any advice?
Oct 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: So did reading 1 Corinthians 7:1-39 provide you with any advice?

So did reading 1 Corinthians 7:1-39 provide you with any advice?
--hide--

Honestly, no. All it said was that people should have husbands or wives. I'm already looking though. What I asked was how should I go about finding one?
Oct 29th 2012 new

(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: Honestly, no. All it said was that people should have husbands or wives. I'm already looki...
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said:

Honestly, no. All it said was that people should have husbands or wives. I'm already looking though. What I asked was how should I go about finding one?
--hide--
Corinna, I suggest read Matthew 19:3-12

Oct 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: Corinna, I suggest read Matthew 19:3-12
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

Corinna, I suggest read Matthew 19:3-12

--hide--

Divorce? I'm so confused right now. Can someone please explain to me what this (or corinthians) has to do with not wanting to be single?
Posts 11 - 20 of 63