Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

10/30/2012 new

(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: I thought that Adam and Eve had eaten from every tree in the garden prior to eating from the ...
(Quote) Valentin-119637 said:

I thought that Adam and Eve had eaten from every tree in the garden prior to eating from the Tree of Knowledge. The Tree of Knowledge was the only one that God said they were not to eat.
--hide--
Your logic is right Valentin. The Bible said only the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil must Adam and Eve not eat. No mention of the Tree of Life. Was it there at the beginning? Let's go back and read the entire Chapters of Genesis, or perhaps let us ask the Pope.

10/31/2012 new

In John 8:1-11 A crowd brought before Jesus Christ for judgment a woman caught in adultery. It was said that Jesus Christ points his finger to the ground ( or was writing something on the ground). Any idea what he was writing about?

10/31/2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: Your logic is right Valentin. The Bible said only the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil must...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

Your logic is right Valentin. The Bible said only the Fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil must Adam and Eve not eat. No mention of the Tree of Life. Was it there at the beginning? Let's go back and read the entire Chapters of Genesis, or perhaps let us ask the Pope.

--hide--

According to what St. Louis de Montfort wrote in his book "True devotion to Mary", theheartJesus is the fruit of Life and Mary is the Tree of Life!theheart biggrin

44. Mary alone found grace before God without the help of any

other creature. All those who have since found grace before God

have found it only through Her. She was full of grace when She

was greeted by the Archangel Gabriel and was filled with grace

to overflowing by the Holy Spirit when He so mysteriously

overshadowed Her. From day to day, from moment to moment,

She increased so much this twofold plenitude that She attained

an immense and inconceivable degree of grace. So much so, that

the Almighty made Her the sole custodian of His treasures and

the sole dispenser of His graces. She can now ennoble, exalt and

enrich all She chooses. She can lead them along the narrow path

to heaven and guide them through the narrow gate to life. She

can give a royal throne, sceptre and crown to whom She wishes.

Jesus is always and everywhere the fruit and Son of Mary and

Mary is everywhere the genuine tree that bears that Fruit of life,

the true Mother Who bears that Son.
10/31/2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: In John 8:1-11 A crowd brought before Jesus Christ for judgment a woman caught in adultery. It was said th...

In John 8:1-11 A crowd brought before Jesus Christ for judgment a woman caught in adultery. It was said that Jesus Christ points his finger to the ground ( or was writing something on the ground). Any idea what he was writing about?

--hide--

If I were to take a guess, I would say that Jesus was writing down something that would help the crowd understand that God is the only One that has a right to condemn this woman.
10/31/2012 new

(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: According to what St. Louis de Montfort wrote in his book "True devotion to Mary", ...

According to what St. Louis de Montfort wrote in his book "True devotion to Mary", Jesus is the fruit of Life and Mary is the Tree of Life!

44. Mary alone found grace before God without the help of any

other creature. All those who have since found grace before God

have found it only through Her. She was full of grace when She

was greeted by the Archangel Gabriel and was filled with grace

to overflowing by the Holy Spirit when He so mysteriously

overshadowed Her. From day to day, from moment to moment,

She increased so much this twofold plenitude that She attained

an immense and inconceivable degree of grace. So much so, that

the Almighty made Her the sole custodian of His treasures and

the sole dispenser of His graces. She can now ennoble, exalt and

enrich all She chooses. She can lead them along the narrow path

to heaven and guide them through the narrow gate to life. She

can give a royal throne, sceptre and crown to whom She wishes.

Jesus is always and everywhere the fruit and Son of Mary and

Mary is everywhere the genuine tree that bears that Fruit of life,

the true Mother Who bears that Son.
--hide--

Just learn this from you. Thanks for the illumination. In the Bible God had the Tree of Life guarded by Cherubims with flamming swords turning to all direction. This I see in ome of Mary's pictures being surrounded by Angels. I Think we can use this argument against other religeous groups ridiculing Catholics for venerating Mary. Jesus said "I am the bread of Life" substituting" Fruit" for" Bread" we can see the rationale. Thanks Valentin. Did you study in the seminary?

10/31/2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: Just learn this from you. Thanks for the illumination. In the Bible God had the Tree of Li...

Just learn this from you. Thanks for the illumination. In the Bible God had the Tree of Life guarded by Cherubims with flamming swords turning to all direction. This I see in ome of Mary's pictures being surrounded by Angels. I Think we can use this argument against other religeous groups ridiculing Catholics for venerating Mary. Jesus said "I am the bread of Life" substituting" Fruit" for" Bread" we can see the rationale. Thanks Valentin. Did you study in the seminary?

--hide--

No, I did not study in the seminary, but I'm pretty sure St. Louis de Montfort did! biggrin
11/01/2012 new

(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: No, I did not study in the seminary, but I'm pretty sure St. Louis de Montfort did!

No, I did not study in the seminary, but I'm pretty sure St. Louis de Montfort did!
--hide--

Talking of St. Louis de Monfort, I have a copy of his book "True Devotion to Mary." It was given to me by a mysterious woman who I never knew until now who she was. I was in the hospital watching my 24-year old son after a brain surgery from aneurysm, I fell asleep with my head leaning on the side of his bed. Around 2:00 o'clock AM a woman woke me up. She said I should not worry about my son, he will be okay. She talked to me about her son having the same situation as my son. How she gave everything to God by trusting Him. When she left, she gave me the book. She wrote her name and the telephone number at the back. She said she worked in that hospital where my son was as a nurse. Then I went back to sleep when she left. When I woke up in the morning, I inquired the nurses that worked there if they knew who that nurse was by giving her name. No one knew her. I called the telephone number, no one answered. Two days after, a nurse approached me telling me that their was a woman asking them how my son was doing. I asked them if they knew her; no one did. What do you think was her message. I went over the book and there is a membership registration requirement and some devotional obligations. I was not able to do it, but since then, I always feel the presence of Mother Mary in my life. I have so many testimonials of her presence.

11/01/2012 new
(Quote) Valentin-119637 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: There are two trees God put in the Garden. One, the Tree of Life, this tree...
Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

There are two trees God put in the Garden. One, the Tree of Life, this tree appears again at the end of the story, Gen.3:22, as the next temptation, but God prevents this danger from Adam and Eve by sending them out of the Garden after they ate the fruit from the Tree of knowledge of good and bad.

The Tree of Life might of caused them to live forever like becoming gods. In Genesis the story is focused on the Tree of Knowledge;

"...Good and evil is a merism, a literary figure by which totality is expressed by the first and last in a series or by opposites, Ps 139: 2, "You know when I sit down and when I stand up," i.e., all my physical movement. "to know" in Hebrew is experiential and relational, not only intellectual. Eating the fruit of the tree, therefore ,imparts a mastery of life and an autonomy that is inappropriate to the earth creature, created from dust. The man would cease to be finite and human." ( The New Jerome Biblical Commentary )

I thought that Adam and Eve had eaten from every tree in the garden prior to eating from the Tree of Knowledge. The Tree of Knowledge was the only one that God said they were not to eat.
--hide--

Yes there were all kinds of trees in the garden, and I am not sure if they had manged to eat the fruit from each one, no, they still didn't eat from the Tree of Life yet, but did eat the forbidden fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, so God made every kind of tree bearing fruits, and also He place two special trees in the middle of the garden. If Adam and Eve would of ate from the Tree of Life than they would no longer had been humans but would of became immortals.
11/01/2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: In John 8:1-11 A crowd brought before Jesus Christ for judgment a woman caught in adultery. It was said th...

--hide--

Jeremiah 17:13 (RSV ) "Those who turn away from thee shall be written in the earth, for they have forsaken the, the fountain of living water."

The gospel does not tell us what Jesus wrote. It is unclear.
11/01/2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: (Quote) Valentin-119637 said: I thought that Adam and Eve had eaten from every tre...

Quote:
Valentin-119637 said:

--hide--

www.vatican.va

Ask the pope. Go to verse 9, please.

pope
Posts 31 - 40 of 63