Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

11/06/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: 1 Timothy 1:17 'To the King of ages, the immortal, the invisible, the only God, b...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

1 Timothy 1:17 'To the King of ages, the immortal, the invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever! Amen.

1 Timothy 6:14-16

"I charge you to keep God's command without blame or reproach until our Lord Jesus Christ shall appear. This appearance God will bring to pass at his chosen time.
He is the blessed and only ruler, the King of Kings and Lord of lords who alone has immortality and who dwells in unapproachable light,
whom no human being has ever seen or can see.
To him be honor and everlasting rule! Amen.

Immortal souls and undesirable immortality.

Luke 15:19-26

" Once there was a rich man who dressed in purple and linen and feasted splendidly every day.

At his gate lay a beggar named Lazarus who was covered with sores. Lazarus longed to eat the scraps that fell from the rich man's table.

The dogs even came and licked his sores. Eventually the beggar died. He was carried by angels to the bosom of Abraham. The rich man likewise died and was buried. From the abode of the dead where he was in torment, he raised his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus resting in his bosom.

He called out, "Father Abraham. have pity on me. Send Lazarus to dip his finger in water to refresh my tongue, for I am tortured in these flames.' "My child", replied Abraham, 'remember thatyou were well off in your lifetime, while Lazarus was in misery. Now he has found consolation here, but you have found torment. And that is not all. Between you and us there is fixed a great abyss, so that those who might wish to cross from here to you cannot do so, nor can anyone cross from your side to us."

Our immortal souls but our mortal being- human beings are mortal beings, and immortality is a gift from God, so do you think that we have two natures? One that is human and divine?

--hide--
Yes , we have two nature" human and Divine. This distinguish us from other creatures created by God. When God breathe soul to our human body we receive the right to the Kingdom of God; we become co-heirs. It is our soul that makes us divine. We have to keep our souls unblemish by sins cause by our human nature. This is what Jesus Christ said that in order for us to be able to enter the kingdom of God we have to be born again in spirit, and being born again in spirit is freeing our souls from the corruptions of our body John 3:1-21

11/06/2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: 1 Timothy 1:17 'To the Kin...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

1 Timothy 1:17 'To the King of ages, the immortal, the invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever! Amen.

1 Timothy 6:14-16

"I charge you to keep God's command without blame or reproach until our Lord Jesus Christ shall appear. This appearance God will bring to pass at his chosen time.
He is the blessed and only ruler, the King of Kings and Lord of lords who alone has immortality and who dwells in unapproachable light,
whom no human being has ever seen or can see.
To him be honor and everlasting rule! Amen.

Immortal souls and undesirable immortality.

Luke 15:19-26

" Once there was a rich man who dressed in purple and linen and feasted splendidly every day.

At his gate lay a beggar named Lazarus who was covered with sores. Lazarus longed to eat the scraps that fell from the rich man's table.

The dogs even came and licked his sores. Eventually the beggar died. He was carried by angels to the bosom of Abraham. The rich man likewise died and was buried. From the abode of the dead where he was in torment, he raised his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus resting in his bosom.

He called out, "Father Abraham. have pity on me. Send Lazarus to dip his finger in water to refresh my tongue, for I am tortured in these flames.' "My child", replied Abraham, 'remember thatyou were well off in your lifetime, while Lazarus was in misery. Now he has found consolation here, but you have found torment. And that is not all. Between you and us there is fixed a great abyss, so that those who might wish to cross from here to you cannot do so, nor can anyone cross from your side to us."

Our immortal souls but our mortal being- human beings are mortal beings, and immortality is a gift from God, so do you think that we have two natures? One that is human and divine?

Yes , we have two nature" human and Divine. This distinguish us from other creatures created by God. When God breathe soul to our human body we receive the right to the Kingdom of God; we become co-heirs. It is our soul that makes us divine. We have to keep our souls unblemish by sins cause by our human nature. This is what Jesus Christ said that in order for us to be able to enter the kingdom of God we have to be born again in spirit, and being born again in spirit is freeing our souls from the corruptions of our body John 3:1-21

--hide--

This is not the truth, we only have one nature that is human. It is Jesus Christ that has two natures, one human and divine, He is the only one that has two natures. I was afraid that this was the thought since we are discussing mortality and immortality. This can become confusing, but it is important to have the truth.

11/06/2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: This is not the truth, we only have one nature that is human. It is Jesus Christ that...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

This is not the truth, we only have one nature that is human. It is Jesus Christ that has two natures, one human and divine, He is the only one that has two natures. I was afraid that this was the thought since we are discussing mortality and immortality. This can become confusing, but it is important to have the truth.

--hide--
you are right Cindy. I got mixed up with immortality and divinity. I stand corrected.

Posts 61 - 63 of 63