Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.
Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael
* I resolved that I was going to find the woman that God desired since before time began to give me.
* I filled out my profile thoroughly and diligently.
* I paid attention to make my profile picture inviting.
* I spent great attention to make both my profile summary and my "seeking" inviting and honest.
* I kept in mind that my profile was meant for an audience, not myself.
* I kept in mind that my profile was meant for an audience of the opposite sex.
* I watched quite a few Errol Flynn movies. Hey, it works.
* I went to weekly Adoration in my discernment. Hey, it works.
* I incorporated fasting and almsgiving into my prayer life. Hey, it works.
* I took dance lessons. Hey, it works.
* I was thorough in my searches.
* I took advantage of all the matching tools available to me with single-minded intensity.
* I made many "cold calls" and I NEVER allowed myself to be discouraged.
* I made it a point to initiate meaningful conversation with those who piqued my interest.
* And most of all, and because of it all, I FOUND HER: www.catholicmatch.com
So, that was all in about a month. As I paid for six months, I spent quite a bit of time here in the fora, encouraging and advising my fellow Catholic singles who are still looking. I hope that I've been a wise and inspiring contributor here, and hope that I've helped those of you who have read my posts.
Alas, all good things come to an end, and I'm fairly certain that my subscription is no exception. I'm not sure if I have a couple days or a couple of weeks left, but time is running out. It may be a couple of months before we wind up on Donna's list, but at this point, there is not so much an "if" as a "when".
I wish all of you good fortune in your own searches, and remember that it is God who does the most to bring us together, and without Him, our searches are in vain.
I must tell you that I think your plan in approaching CM, and the steps you took to find your special woman, are marvelous. I'm sure they have given others inspiration, as well as tips for success. You have consistently shared much wisdom here in the fora with your posts!
May God bless you both!