There is something to be said for hayrides in October this year!! YEAH!!! I love seeing the happiness and love in your faces, Rae and Patrick! You two have been such a breath of fresh air here! Thank you for sharing your journey with us. God bless and protect you!
May you find strength, joy, peace, love, forgiveness, humility, sacrifice, blessings, crosses, and miracles together each step of the rest of your lives!
A quick note to add - I wasn't as courageous and assertive as Patrick here - but I finally found my One and Only on CM too. Had to step outside my comfort zone a lot...but it was all worth it though. Congratulations to you and your fiance, Patrick.
Hoping to encourage someone who may have needed to hear this tonight:
Long distance is possible. Don't worry about the miles. Even when you feel like you can't manage it in a million years. 4,000 miles and an eye on God worked for my fiance and me. We learned we were a lot stronger than either of us ever thought we were.
Engaged and getting married in Ireland next June...praise God!
God is good. We will be offering an intercession at out wedding Mass for all of you and will continue praying for all of your intentions. Please keep us and all engaged couples in your prayers as well!
* I resolved that I was going to find the woman that God desired since before time began to give me.
* I filled out my profile thoroughly and diligently.
* I paid attention to make my profile picture inviting.
* I spent great attention to make both my profile summary and my "seeking" inviting and honest.
* I kept in mind that my profile was meant for an audience, not myself.
* I kept in mind that my profile was meant for an audience of the opposite sex.
* I watched quite a few Errol Flynn movies. Hey, it works.
* I went to weekly Adoration in my discernment. Hey, it works.
* I incorporated fasting and almsgiving into my prayer life. Hey, it works.
* I took dance lessons. Hey, it works.
* I was thorough in my searches.
* I took advantage of all the matching tools available to me with single-minded intensity.
* I made many "cold calls" and I NEVER allowed myself to be discouraged.
* I made it a point to initiate meaningful conversation with those who piqued my interest.
* And most of all, and because of it all, I FOUND HER: www.catholicmatch.com
So, that was all in about a month. As I paid for six months, I spent quite a bit of time here in the fora, encouraging and advising my fellow Catholic singles who are still looking. I hope that I've been a wise and inspiring contributor here, and hope that I've helped those of you who have read my posts.
Alas, all good things come to an end, and I'm fairly certain that my subscription is no exception. I'm not sure if I have a couple days or a couple of weeks left, but time is running out. It may be a couple of months before we wind up on Donna's list, but at this point, there is not so much an "if" as a "when".
I wish all of you good fortune in your own searches, and remember that it is God who does the most to bring us together, and without Him, our searches are in vain.