Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

10/27/2012 new
(Quote) Michelle-183223 said: A quick note to add - I wasn't as courageous and assertive as Patrick here - but I finally found my One ...
(Quote) Michelle-183223 said:

A quick note to add - I wasn't as courageous and assertive as Patrick here - but I finally found my One and Only on CM too. Had to step outside my comfort zone a lot...but it was all worth it though. Congratulations to you and your fiance, Patrick.

Hoping to encourage someone who may have needed to hear this tonight:

Long distance is possible. Don't worry about the miles. Even when you feel like you can't manage it in a million years. 4,000 miles and an eye on God worked for my fiance and me. We learned we were a lot stronger than either of us ever thought we were.

Engaged and getting married in Ireland next June...praise God!

God is good. We will be offering an intercession at out wedding Mass for all of you and will continue praying for all of your intentions. Please keep us and all engaged couples in your prayers as well!

-Michelle

--hide--

"Long distance is possible. Don't worry about the miles. Even when you feel like you can't manage it in a million years. 4,000 miles and an eye on God worked for my fiance and me. We learned we were a lot stronger than either of us ever thought we were."

THIS. thumbsup Well said, Michelle. Praying for a happy married life for you and your husband-to-be, and the other engaged couples too. Praying hug
10/27/2012 new
(Quote) Michelle-183223 said: A quick note to add - I wasn't as courageous and assertive as Patrick here - but I finally found my One ...

A quick note to add - I wasn't as courageous and assertive as Patrick here - but I finally found my One and Only on CM too. Had to step outside my comfort zone a lot...but it was all worth it though. Congratulations to you and your fiance, Patrick.

Long distance is possible. Don't worry about the miles. Even when you feel like you can't manage it in a million years. 4,000 miles and an eye on God worked for my fiance and me. We learned we were a lot stronger than either of us ever thought we were.

God is good. We will be offering an intercession at out wedding Mass for all of you and will continue praying for all of your intentions. Please keep us and all engaged couples in your prayers as well!

-Michelle

--hide--

Congratulations Michelle on your engagement. Although Patrick and I are in a shorter distance LDR, we actually aren't officially engaged...yet;)
10/27/2012 new

-Michelle

--hide--

Congratulations Michelle, so happy for you that you found "The One"! Wishing you much happiness together!

clap
10/28/2012 new

Thank you for the well wishes! I hope there are many years of happiness ahead for you both...

Being engaged is a blessing, but it is definitely a deeper and more intense period of discernment.

Distance or no distance, it can be hard work. But at least you know you are with the right person when it is hard. That helps alot.

10/28/2012 new

Congratulations to you and Rae!
Very nice photo!
I was thinking of quitting on June when my membership expires but after reading your story I think I'll stick around.
Thanks for sharing with us!
Saludos!

10/28/2012 new
(Quote) Michelle-183223 said: Thank you for the well wishes! I hope there are many years of happiness ahead for you both...

Thank you for the well wishes! I hope there are many years of happiness ahead for you both...

Being engaged is a blessing, but it is definitely a deeper and more intense period of discernment.

Distance or no distance, it can be hard work. But at least you know you are with the right person when it is hard. That helps alot.

--hide--

I agree Michelle. Being engaged is wonderful but stressful at times. It's time to get everything on the table and up for discussion! (and our wedding is only 5 weeks away!) Guy and I are currently reading a great book on marriage "The Meaning of Marrriage" by Timothy Keller, on facing commitment and keeping marriage God-centered. I highly recommend it for all on CM, whether single, in a relationship or engaged.
10/28/2012 new

(Quote) Joan-629290 said: I agree Michelle. Being engaged is wonderful but stressful at times. It's time to get everyth...
(Quote) Joan-629290 said:

I agree Michelle. Being engaged is wonderful but stressful at times. It's time to get everything on the table and up for discussion! (and our wedding is only 5 weeks away!) Guy and I are currently reading a great book on marriage "The Meaning of Marrriage" by Timothy Keller, on facing commitment and keeping marriage God-centered. I highly recommend it for all on CM, whether single, in a relationship or engaged.
--hide--

YIKES! that would scare me to death to be only 5 weeks from getting married and to not have everything on the table and discussed by now.

10/28/2012 new
(Quote) Mary-784275 said: YIKES! that would scare me to death to be only 5 weeks from getting married and to not have ...
(Quote) Mary-784275 said:

YIKES! that would scare me to death to be only 5 weeks from getting married and to not have everything on the table and discussed by now.

--hide--

Mary,

Guess I wasn't clear in my statement. We have been dating for 2 years and engaged for 4 months.Everything has been fully discussed together with a Spiritual Director and in pre cana preparation. The nitty gritty details ( actually combining finances, final wedding plans, a plan for moving into the same residence, etc.) inevitably arises immediately prior to the actual wedding date. Just saying, it's a very happy time with a big dose of reality and a time crunch to get it all done!

Joan
10/28/2012 new

Joan,

We are the same then!! Dated two years. Engaged 4 months. Trying to figure out all the same things you are!

It's quite the adventure... biggrin

-Michelle

10/28/2012 new
(Quote) Michelle-183223 said: Joan, We are the same then!! Dated two years. Engaged 4 months. Trying to figure out all the ...

Joan,

We are the same then!! Dated two years. Engaged 4 months. Trying to figure out all the same things you are!

It's quite the adventure...

-Michelle

--hide--

Yes, it is an adventure! Good luck with everything, Michelle!

Joan biggrin
Posts 41 - 50 of 111