Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

10/31/2012 new

Maybe. If not, I'm having fun trying.

10/31/2012 new

Thank you all for your thoughts and responses.

I just returned from a trip to Southern Italy and Rome with Ave Maria Singles...an amazing trip, amazing people and amazing experience being with other single practicing Catholics. During my trip, it became even more apparent to me how important it is to become actively involved with other communities of Catholics who are committed to living our faith each day, whether single or married. So...I look forward to sharing thoughts, questions, ideas with all of you... my online Catholic friends.

I would appreciate your thoughts...

After hearing a sermon last week where the blind man was asked by Jesus, 'What do you want?" His reply, "I want to see", was clear, precise, without hesitation.His sight was restored because of his faith that Jesus would grant his request.

I have always said, (and believed) that it is God's plan, God's time, but after hearing that semon, I was left with a question...should we be waiting for God to open a door for us or, like the blind man, should we clearly ask Jesus for what we want??

10/31/2012 new

(Quote) Rita-886903 said: Thank you all for your thoughts and responses. I just returned from a trip to Southern Ital...
(Quote) Rita-886903 said:

Thank you all for your thoughts and responses.

I just returned from a trip to Southern Italy and Rome with Ave Maria Singles...an amazing trip, amazing people and amazing experience being with other single practicing Catholics. During my trip, it became even more apparent to me how important it is to become actively involved with other communities of Catholics who are committed to living our faith each day, whether single or married. So...I look forward to sharing thoughts, questions, ideas with all of you... my online Catholic friends.

I would appreciate your thoughts...

After hearing a sermon last week where the blind man was asked by Jesus, 'What do you want?" His reply, "I want to see", was clear, precise, without hesitation.His sight was restored because of his faith that Jesus would grant his request.

I have always said, (and believed) that it is God's plan, God's time, but after hearing that semon, I was left with a question...should we be waiting for God to open a door for us or, like the blind man, should we clearly ask Jesus for what we want??

--hide--

We should CLEARLY ask for what we want and you will NOTE that Jesus didn't say "Well it's going to be "x" time before it happens cause we got staffing problems!"

11/01/2012 new
I think it is possible if it is the Lords will......
11/01/2012 new

--hide--

Apparently it is very much possible. We got enough proof right here on CM today and in the last weeks. Donna also kept a list of all the "Meeting-wonders" ... but it is not working for everybody it seems, unfortunately one could say.

11/01/2012 new

(Quote) Rita-886903 said:should we clearly ask Jesus for what we want??
(Quote) Rita-886903 said:should we clearly ask Jesus for what we want??
--hide--

Whatever we do we cannot sit and wait
recall the guy who asked God to help him as his house flooded
and declined help from a rowboat a motorboat and a helocopter?

11/01/2012 new

Ha! or maybe its a supply and demand issue!

11/01/2012 new

I absolutely believe you can meet that special someone. But, it has to be in God's time. I saw recently that someone 5 years older than me just got married. My task is to not complain and say I don't want till I am that old.

There are all kinds of success stories. But, the key is to make sure I am doing God's will and not mine.

God Bless,

Will

11/01/2012 new

Yes I do. In God's time not ours.

11/01/2012 new

Welcome! I am new to it as well and keeping the faith! Also thinking...." : Patience is a virtue"

Posts 11 - 20 of 109