Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Feb 6th 2013 new

Well.. I've been here over 8 years with little success.. But I have many friends who have met their spouses here. I feel like when I am in the early stages of communication with some of the men here it's like pulling off daisy petals..Does he like me?/Does he like me not?.. It makes me wonder how much missed opportunities there are because neither person steps up and says. "Hey, are we going anywhere with this?"

Feb 7th 2013 new

I met my husband on another Catholic website. I had tried other websites after my previous husband's death and found them to be filled with either scammers (45 year old Adonis's who couldnt wait to meet my 66 year old, overweight, wrinkly self) or men interested something not of God. I gave up the whole idea. Then I got an email offering a free weekend on a Catholic website so I tried it. My husband had been on that site for awhile and had dated several women close to his home. While they were all lovely women (most better looking than me I must admit) there was no spark. He would not have contacted me because I was 3.5 hrs from his home. I sent him a wink, just because I liked his face, expecting nothing. It happened to say "do you want to talk?" He decided to be polite and respond. After several chats, then moving to private email and then the telephone, we decided to meet half way for lunch.Neither of us expected much but agreed to decide whether to waste anymore time It was one of those meetings that I read about and never believed in - but it happened to us! We knew instantly that we were supposed to be together. We were not young (67 and 77) and decided to marry after a month. My family and friends were appalled. We were both Googled by dozens of computers!. I would have scolded my daughters for being so foolish. Yet we just knew. And we knew that we didnt have much time. We married 2.5 months after that lunch and were blissfully happy for our entire marriage. He contracted cancer in our third year and died one month before our third anniversary. My grief is intense. While my previous marriage was with a friend and partner, this marriage was with a soulmate, chosen by God to show me for the first time the spirtual depth of a marriage literally made in Heaven. I wonder sometimes why God gave me this precious gift so late in life only to take it away so quickly, but despite the pain I'm grateful that He did! By the way, part of the miracle is that the other site is not very good and yet I met my husband in one weekend in spite of that. Yes you can meet that special someone online and I would never have had this wonderful marriage any other way, but I met him through God's will. I think some have to be prepared to accept that God is not willling it or not willing it yet. As in everything else, sometimes he say yes, sometimes no and sometimes not yet. You have to be willing to be where it can happen if he wills it.

Feb 7th 2013 new

"I met my husband on another Catholic website. I had tried other websites after my previous husband's death and found them to be filled with either scammers (45 year old Adonis's who couldnt wait to meet my 66 year old, overweight, wrinkly self) or men interested something not of God. I gave up the whole idea."

Lovely testimony, Joan. Thanks for sharing. theheart

Feb 7th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-461057 said: I met my husband on another Catholic website. I had tried other websites after my previous husband...
(Quote) Joan-461057 said:

I met my husband on another Catholic website. I had tried other websites after my previous husband's death and found them to be filled with either scammers (45 year old Adonis's who couldnt wait to meet my 66 year old, overweight, wrinkly self) or men interested something not of God. I gave up the whole idea. Then I got an email offering a free weekend on a Catholic website so I tried it. My husband had been on that site for awhile and had dated several women close to his home. While they were all lovely women (most better looking than me I must admit) there was no spark. He would not have contacted me because I was 3.5 hrs from his home. I sent him a wink, just because I liked his face, expecting nothing. It happened to say "do you want to talk?" He decided to be polite and respond. After several chats, then moving to private email and then the telephone, we decided to meet half way for lunch.Neither of us expected much but agreed to decide whether to waste anymore time It was one of those meetings that I read about and never believed in - but it happened to us! We knew instantly that we were supposed to be together. We were not young (67 and 77) and decided to marry after a month. My family and friends were appalled. We were both Googled by dozens of computers!. I would have scolded my daughters for being so foolish. Yet we just knew. And we knew that we didnt have much time. We married 2.5 months after that lunch and were blissfully happy for our entire marriage. He contracted cancer in our third year and died one month before our third anniversary. My grief is intense. While my previous marriage was with a friend and partner, this marriage was with a soulmate, chosen by God to show me for the first time the spirtual depth of a marriage literally made in Heaven. I wonder sometimes why God gave me this precious gift so late in life only to take it away so quickly, but despite the pain I'm grateful that He did! By the way, part of the miracle is that the other site is not very good and yet I met my husband in one weekend in spite of that. Yes you can meet that special someone online and I would never have had this wonderful marriage any other way, but I met him through God's will. I think some have to be prepared to accept that God is not willling it or not willing it yet. As in everything else, sometimes he say yes, sometimes no and sometimes not yet. You have to be willing to be where it can happen if he wills it.

--hide--

Thanks so much for your story Joan.. Last year we had a lady named Carolaine that used to post.. She was in her early 60's and had been a never married until her 50's.. She met her late husband in an AOL chat room she monitered. He was sick, but undiagnosed when they married and died of lung cancer before they were married 5 years..Most of their marriage he was very ill. She then met another man also in an AOL chat room who contracted leukemia while they were engaged. She moved cross country and cared for him until his passing. She was pretty assertive in her search for a spouse here on CM and was successful by contacting men she was interested in..She found a widower in Montana, they were able to meet within weeks of the first contact and by September that year they were married.. She is spending her second winter in Montana right now.. Finding someone online at an older age can be a challenge. But it is entirely doable as long as we aren't afraid.

Feb 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Joseph-669930 said: "Do you really think it is possible to meet that special someone online?
(Quote) Joseph-669930 said:

"Do you really think it is possible to meet that special someone online?

--hide--

I met someone here about three months after I joined. We have now been seeing each other for six months. Neither of us really was interested in a long distance relationship, but we live 3 1/2 hours apart, which is barely manageable. Two careers and children still at home have complicated things, but we are both committed to making things work out.

Mar 13th 2013 new

I am a newbie here. Send out several beams but only a few returned.

Currently I am chatting as friends. Not sure how it turns out but

I didn't expect a catch and so I won't be disappointed.

Loving someone is so much easier than someone loving you as in the

former the conditions are set by you while the latter the condtions are imposed by others

beyond our control. We may not get what we want.

IF it's happens It will. God knows. Put that Trust in HIM and enjoy the

ride with friends and the lovely chats.

I am cruising well in the forum and a few beams.

Peace Be With All!

Mar 15th 2013 new

Tony, after I got back on this site in Feb., I sent "hello's" to SO many men, but only 1 or 2 responded. I know I have set some pretty high parameters for myself, but I'm not asking for the moon! I'm really disappointed, but I haven't stopped trying (yet!).

Mar 15th 2013 new

(Quote) Maria-917957 said: Yes, it is possible. I believe that the man I'm waiting to meet is just waiting for the right...
(Quote) Maria-917957 said:

Yes, it is possible. I believe that the man I'm waiting to meet is just waiting for the right moment.

Maria

--hide--

Maria, I like your attitude & perspective because it matches my own!

Mar 23rd 2013 new
I sure do! But, also know that it is not within my control. I have been to several CM national events and met many people who have become CM successes. I have been out of the Forums for ages and peek in here once in awhile. Not sure what the exact recipe is for success here as I have been here for 5 years. I do know it requires persistence and hope as new members join all the time. Here's to all of us finding our matches somewhere/\
Posts 101 - 109 of 109