Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Nov 5th 2012 new

The possibility is always there. That's a given. I'm interested to know how the probability is looking like. While there are numerous success stories in this site (and that's really a good thing!), what's the actual statistics? Just asking.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) John-34848 said: Welcome to CM, RitaYes I think it is possible. That's why I'm here!
(Quote) John-34848 said:

Welcome to CM, Rita
Yes I think it is possible. That's why I'm here!

--hide--

Exactly! That's why we're all here.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) John-842063 said: Whatever we do we cannot sit and waitrecall the guy who asked God to help him as his house...
(Quote) John-842063 said:

Whatever we do we cannot sit and wait
recall the guy who asked God to help him as his house flooded
and declined help from a rowboat a motorboat and a helocopter?

--hide--

I like this, John. It must have been the same guy that asked Jesus if He could make him win the lottery, and Jesus replied... Well... did you buy a lottery ticket?

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Therese-632256 said: There are not many Catholics in my area so I think this is the next best thing. God's will ...
(Quote) Therese-632256 said:

There are not many Catholics in my area so I think this is the next best thing. God's will be done!

--hide--

Well, Therese, don't feel alone. There ARE many Catholics in my area, but none of them are viewing my profile,or contacting me, though I have sent Emotigrams to several of them. Right now I am corresponding with a guy who is very far away, but I am having a lot of fun. He's nice, he's intelligent, he seems very knowledgeable, we have many things in common - and he's gorgeous! We shall see what happens.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said: The possibility is always there. That's a given. I'm interested to know how the probabi...
(Quote) Kahirup-898887 said:

The possibility is always there. That's a given. I'm interested to know how the probability is looking like. While there are numerous success stories in this site (and that's really a good thing!), what's the actual statistics? Just asking.

--hide--

There's no way to know for certain, or to even have a remote idea as to what those statistics are, or even could be. The percentage of members who engage in the social aspects of this site (forums, chat rooms, etc.) are minuscule in comparison to the overall number of active members who only spend their time on the site browsing profiles and communicating with other members.

theheart

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Rita-886903 said: Thank you all for your thoughts and responses. I just returned from a trip to Southern Ital...
(Quote) Rita-886903 said:

Thank you all for your thoughts and responses.

I just returned from a trip to Southern Italy and Rome with Ave Maria Singles...an amazing trip, amazing people and amazing experience being with other single practicing Catholics. During my trip, it became even more apparent to me how important it is to become actively involved with other communities of Catholics who are committed to living our faith each day, whether single or married. So...I look forward to sharing thoughts, questions, ideas with all of you... my online Catholic friends.

I would appreciate your thoughts...

After hearing a sermon last week where the blind man was asked by Jesus, 'What do you want?" His reply, "I want to see", was clear, precise, without hesitation.His sight was restored because of his faith that Jesus would grant his request.

I have always said, (and believed) that it is God's plan, God's time, but after hearing that semon, I was left with a question...should we be waiting for God to open a door for us or, like the blind man, should we clearly ask Jesus for what we want??

--hide--

Rita, first of all, you're beautiful! I know, it's not the exterior that matters. I've read your profile and you're also insightful and the quintessential power woman. A man would be a fool not to notice you, but do you also remember the saying that says "God helps those who help themselves." I pray for different things, like most of us, but there is one thing I've prayed for, for years, and God doesn't seem to listen to me. It goes like this...

"God, I pray for patience. And I want it right now!" Thank you. Cannot be more specific than that.

Nov 5th 2012 new
Answering no negates, "All things are possible with God." I've noticed people seem to think if God acts there are brilliant flashes of light, thunder, and paranormal events that accompany His actions. God's law is the foundation of natural law. Nature does everything in the simplest way possible. God can use nature around us to perform miricals. They don't have to be similar to Saul's conversition on the way to Damascus. On;ine is now a part of the nature around us.
Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-846262 said: I like this, John. It must have been the same guy that asked Jesus if He could make ...
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

I like this, John. It must have been the same guy that asked Jesus if He could make him win the lottery, and Jesus replied... Well... did you buy a lottery ticket?

--hide--

Ah, well I pray that God will let me find the winning lottery ticket on the ground, since I don't buy lottery tickets. During a recent conversation with a bread delivery guy at a supermarket, I learned that 25 years ago, his mother found a scratch off ticket on the ground worth $5000. So, there's still hope and after 25 years, its time for another great find.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: Answering no negates, "All things are possible with God." I've noticed people seem to think ...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: Answering no negates, "All things are possible with God." I've noticed people seem to think if God acts there are brilliant flashes of light, thunder, and paranormal events that accompany His actions. God's law is the foundation of natural law. Nature does everything in the simplest way possible. God can use nature around us to perform miricals. They don't have to be similar to Saul's conversition on the way to Damascus. On;ine is now a part of the nature around us.
--hide--

Clair,

Agreed. I believe God usually answers prayers through other people to emphasize that we are all His family.

Nov 5th 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-846262 said: Rita, first of all, you're beautiful! I know, it's not the exterior that mat...
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

Rita, first of all, you're beautiful! I know, it's not the exterior that matters. I've read your profile and you're also insightful and the quintessential power woman. A man would be a fool not to notice you, but do you also remember the saying that says "God helps those who help themselves." I pray for different things, like most of us, but there is one thing I've prayed for, for years, and God doesn't seem to listen to me. It goes like this...

"God, I pray for patience. And I want it right now!" Thank you. Cannot be more specific than that.

--hide--

Funny, Maria. laughing

He has answered your prayer by not answering it.

Posts 31 - 40 of 109