Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Dec 15th 2012 new

I'm thinking it's not very likely. There's something wrong with Catholic women. If you go on any secular site, it is easy to get a date. Women actually respond. And you can have a very pleasant evening. But in the end, you know her faith and your Faith will never mix, and you can never share the deepest recesses of your heart, because she can never probe the depths of your Faith with you. She will never understand what animates a true Catholic. So I signed up for Catholic Match. And contacted all the reasonably possible matches within a reasonable distance. Surprise!! Virtually none respond!!! I don't think I look like Quasimodo. I'm serious about my Faith, and I want a lady who can share it with me. Heck, the worst that could happen is they get a free dinner and find out there is no chance of a relationship. They say they are looking for a relationship. But they ignore a really nice Catholic guy like he has the plauge or something. At this rate, it looks like I'm going to marry some nice loving Protestant after my daughter goes to college. No, I will not enjoy the intimacy af a soulmate who loves and believes the Faith of our fathers my beloved wife, but at least I will have loving companionship from a lady who is actually seeking a relationship with a man who loves God and wants to continue to grow in His grace. It just seems to me that if a lady is serious, she should respond to any nice guy who writes. I know I consider every aspect of a possible relationship before I contact a lady. Any true Catholic guy is looking for a soulmate, not a one night stand. But it seems like the ladies on this site don't understand that.

Pity

Dec 15th 2012 new

wink I do really think is possible to find "the one" that God has for me somewhere... and, if not, at least I have a chance to meet friends with similar values as I do!

Dec 16th 2012 new

Probably not -- but I did come close once.

Dec 17th 2012 new

Yes Miss Rita. I am a former CM vet from 2003. Since that time I have personally known 20 couples that have met and are now married. Many of them are going on 5+ years of sanctified Catholic matrimony. May the peace of Christ Jesus which surpasses all understanding be with you this Advent season. Know that He knows the desire of your heart. Dove wreath

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Tony-73158 said: I'm thinking it's not very likely. There's something wrong with Catholic women. If you ...
(Quote) Tony-73158 said:

I'm thinking it's not very likely. There's something wrong with Catholic women. If you go on any secular site, it is easy to get a date. Women actually respond. And you can have a very pleasant evening. But in the end, you know her faith and your Faith will never mix, and you can never share the deepest recesses of your heart, because she can never probe the depths of your Faith with you. She will never understand what animates a true Catholic. So I signed up for Catholic Match. And contacted all the reasonably possible matches within a reasonable distance. Surprise!! Virtually none respond!!! I don't think I look like Quasimodo. I'm serious about my Faith, and I want a lady who can share it with me. Heck, the worst that could happen is they get a free dinner and find out there is no chance of a relationship. They say they are looking for a relationship. But they ignore a really nice Catholic guy like he has the plauge or something. At this rate, it looks like I'm going to marry some nice loving Protestant after my daughter goes to college. No, I will not enjoy the intimacy af a soulmate who loves and believes the Faith of our fathers my beloved wife, but at least I will have loving companionship from a lady who is actually seeking a relationship with a man who loves God and wants to continue to grow in His grace. It just seems to me that if a lady is serious, she should respond to any nice guy who writes. I know I consider every aspect of a possible relationship before I contact a lady. Any true Catholic guy is looking for a soulmate, not a one night stand. But it seems like the ladies on this site don't understand that.

Pity

--hide--

And every word that you've written can be equally applied to the MEN.. I respond to everyone that contacts me.. I haven't had a date in over two years.. Nobody contacts me here unless they have a question ABOUT ANOTHER WOMAN.. irked

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: And every word that you've written can be equally applied to the MEN.. I respond ...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

And every word that you've written can be equally applied to the MEN.. I respond to everyone that contacts me.. I haven't had a date in over two years.. Nobody contacts me here unless they have a question ABOUT ANOTHER WOMAN..

--hide--
Ahem. eyebrow ((((((Donna))))) heart rose hug

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Rod-34918 said: Ahem. ((((((Donna)))))
(Quote) Rod-34918 said:

Ahem. ((((((Donna)))))

--hide--

Babycakes..I wasn't talking about YOU...You put me in the Friend Zone years ago.. mischievous weeping

Dec 17th 2012 new

Yes, I am a believer of finding someone special online! biggrin I met my special friend on the 1st day that I joined CM and we have been dating 1 1/2 years. I am a young widow and he has been such a blessing in my life. He truly is a gentleman that openly shares his faith and makes me a better person! Because my kids are still having difficulties accepting a new man in their lives, our favorite saying is "All is God's time . . . not ours!". So don't give up hope on meeting that special someone. My best advice is to be willing to show others the "genuine" you.

Merry Christmas!

Dec 17th 2012 new

You get a Gold Star! wow Michelle, so nice to hear a personal good experience as yours!! God's time it is!! wink

(Quote) Michele-751203 said: Yes, I am a believer of finding someone special online! I met my special friend on the 1st day ...
(Quote) Michele-751203 said:

Yes, I am a believer of finding someone special online! I met my special friend on the 1st day that I joined CM and we have been dating 1 1/2 years. I am a young widow and he has been such a blessing in my life. He truly is a gentleman that openly shares his faith and makes me a better person! Because my kids are still having difficulties accepting a new man in their lives, our favorite saying is "All is God's time . . . not ours!". So don't give up hope on meeting that special someone. My best advice is to be willing to show others the "genuine" you.

Merry Christmas!

--hide--

Dec 17th 2012 new

"There's something wrong with Catholic women. If you go on any secular site, it is easy to get a date. Women actually respond. And you can have a very pleasant evening."

Hi Tony. I'm sorry to hear you are of the above opinion. I think you are being judgemental and unfair. To compare a good Catholic woman who is serious about her Faith and who is looking for a lifelong spouse to a secular woman whose faith could mean nothing or little to her is doubtless hurtful and unjust. What such 2 women are in my opinion looking for could easily be very far apart. Doesn't have to be, but could easily be. The former will not wish to waste your time, and money, getting a free meal out of you, while the other might be of a different opinion, and have no qualms about feasting on your account.

If something is worth having, and quality always is, than it is worth fighting and patiently waiting for, and for quality that is what one usually has to do, and be. Anything else comes easy for it is plentiful, and often readily available, for various ends. If you decide to compromise, than you will make a grave error. To accept a woman who is Protestant or worse still, atheist, just because you lack patience in waiting for God to send you the woman He wants for you, but for whom you might need to wait some time for, is most unwise, uncatholic, insulting to God, and guarantees failure, for if God will not bless that union, and He won't, what can you expect from it?!

There are various saints you can pray to for their intercession for a good wife, saint Agnes, saint Anthony, saint Raphael for instance. Give them a chance, they'd love to help. We as Catholics have an entire heaven above at our disposal for whatever we may be in need of, why not than use what is so readily offered?

God bless you Tony with a wife of your dreams. NO NO!!! An even better one!!!

Posts 81 - 90 of 109