Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

A story of forgiveness

Oct 29th 2012 new

When I was a child, I was beaten frequently by my mother. I did not understand it, but I can recall that mom struggled with either depression, or bi-polar disorder. Moving forward to the present I called my parents to say hello, and to keep in touch when for some reason mom decided to bring it up and apologize. I told my mother that I could not recall what she was talking about, and that I could only recall the good things that she did as a mother. I may have told a small white lie, but I felt that it was the best thing to do to let mom know that it was water under the bridge, and that all was forgiven.

I just wanted to share. Nothing morewave

Oct 29th 2012 new
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: When I was a child, I was beaten frequently by my mother. I did not understand it, but I can recall that mom s...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

When I was a child, I was beaten frequently by my mother. I did not understand it, but I can recall that mom struggled with either depression, or bi-polar disorder. Moving forward to the present I called my parents to say hello, and to keep in touch when for some reason mom decided to bring it up and apologize. I told my mother that I could not recall what she was talking about, and that I could only recall the good things that she did as a mother. I may have told a small white lie, but I felt that it was the best thing to do to let mom know that it was water under the bridge, and that all was forgiven.

I just wanted to share. Nothing more

--hide--

Sometimes it is important to let those we care about know we have forgiven them for large or small things we may have held resentments for in the past. I find that if I make notes of them & then burn that paper it helps me release the feelings... Praying
Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: When I was a child, I was beaten frequently by my mother. I did not understand it, but I can rec...

--hide--
That is a beautiful story. I know for myself that if someone upsets me, I don't have the energy to escalate it by lashing back, & it would do no good anyway. So what do you do with stored anger that people unleash on you and you have no one to dump it on but are stuck with it?
I find it helps if I can cancel it out by trying to turn around and do something good for someone.

Oct 30th 2012 new

May God bless you, David.

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: When I was a child, I was beaten frequently by my mother. I did not understand it, but I can rec...

--hide--
Time heals.... angel

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: Time heals....
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

Time heals....

--hide--
When I left my marital home, I left a fully paid house and everything in it, including my home business, which he can manage. I waived all my rights on them in my divorce settlement. I walked away with only $5,000.00 in my pocket and a total of $20,000.00 credit cards debt and with no employment but my meager Social Security check. That was my forgiveness to all the things that he did for 36 years. If I walk with hate in my heart I could not move on. Though I live with my sister I enjoy my freedom. My credit card balance now is $6,000.00 (in just 18 months from the time I left.) Where I get the money? God provides and I have two hands to work on it and a peaceful heart. The man I married was a wounded man who grew up in an abusive environment, and at times act like he is bi-polar. I do not blame him for all that happened; he was just a victim of circumstances, but he repeated the cycle in his household.

Oct 31st 2012 new

this my cousin brian

brianscottporter.com

he murdered by his girlfriend, a month and a half after i left my abusive marriage. my aunt completely forgave his killer and writes to her in prison. he was so worried about my safety and he was the one that didnt make it out alive.

Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: this my cousin brian brianscottporter.com he murdered ...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

this my cousin brian

brianscottporter.com

he murdered by his girlfriend, a month and a half after i left my abusive marriage. my aunt completely forgave his killer and writes to her in prison. he was so worried about my safety and he was the one that didnt make it out alive.

--hide--
Marirose, I'm so sorry for your loss of Brian. May his soul rest in peace. God certainly gave you a most precious guardian angel in your cousin. You are a blessing to never let his light stop shining. hug

Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Marirose-887295 said: this my cousin brian brianscottporter.com he murdered ...
(Quote) Marirose-887295 said:

this my cousin brian

brianscottporter.com

--hide--
Marirose, I'm so sorry for your loss of Brian. May his soul rest in peace. God certainly gave you a most precious guardian angel in your cousin. You are a blessing to never let his light stop shining. hug

Oct 31st 2012 new

There are a lot of us here who had difficult childhoods due to abuse, neglect, addiction and mental illness. Thank you for being another one willing to share pain to help others. As for your mother, if you have forgiven her and moved on, let her know that. She has obviously come a long way from that person if she apologized. If you don't want to backstep, you could always send a note...you're apology is accepted, but you were forgiven a long time ago...whatever you truly feel. I am glad you found that peace. It is a very long road to travel.

A few years ago, I worked my through a situation that I felt required an apology. I went to the person without any expectations. I felt that I didn't deserve forgiveness, but she had a right to my acknowledgement of the hurt I had done her. She gave it anyway; had done so years before. She said that the sin was my cross to carry, not hers, and she had let turned it over to God. I probably will never forget that moment; the peace that I was given is overshadowed only by the weight off my shoulders. It sounds like your mother approached you with the same intent - no expectations. heart

Posts 1 - 10 of 19