Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 4th 2012 new

David thank you for sharing. The fact you forgave that is god working in you & being with you.

Nov 5th 2012 new

Thank you for sharing this story Daniel! wave theheart

Nov 12th 2012 new

I have a cousin whose second husband abused both of her children. It is so heart wrenching to hear even now after 30 years have gone by. Eventually, the kids were raised by their grandmother and my cousin divorced her husband.

both kids have a good relationship with their mother and the man who beat them died from a heart attack at the entrance of the hospital several years ago. Josh has his grandmother living with him and takes care of her and will be taking his 98 yr. old grandmother to Alaska next summer.

I had a very difficult time after my divorce from an abuser. I am actually surprised that I survived my attacks and have lived to retell them. of course, his problems stemmed from being a professional drug abuser..a pharmacist gone bad. Abuse does trickle down from one to another though in families. Professional help is advised to stop this process from continuing. Eventually, I got help but a little too late than what it should have been. My parents thought that since I left him then all would be forgotten. Neither suffered what I did so their advice wasn't the advice I needed to hear. God forgives and after 30 years away from him, I have forgiven him too. I had problems so I wasn't the loving mother that I hoped I would be. My daughter and I had a rocky relationship during most of her childhood. Fortunately for her, we lived with my parents so she had grandma close by.
we have a Great relationship now and we have rekindled our loving relationship that I always wanted it to be. so, sometimes our hopes for our future doesn't turn out the way we would have liked but in the end, turns out exactly the way it should be.

Nov 14th 2012 new
Wow Daniel. I think that's very Christ-like. Isn't that what he does for us? When we hurt him and we're sorry, He puts our sins behind Him. He forgets them, which is the gift you gave. Thank you for sharing that.
Nov 17th 2012 new

Thank you for sharing this story, Daniel.

God bless you. theheart

Nov 20th 2012 new

Beautiful Daniel!
And bless your family Marirose!
forgiveness works more miracles than any other grace!

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: When I was a child, I was beaten frequently by my mother. I did not understand it, but I can rec...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

When I was a child, I was beaten frequently by my mother. I did not understand it, but I can recall that mom struggled with either depression, or bi-polar disorder. Moving forward to the present I called my parents to say hello, and to keep in touch when for some reason mom decided to bring it up and apologize. I told my mother that I could not recall what she was talking about, and that I could only recall the good things that she did as a mother. I may have told a small white lie, but I felt that it was the best thing to do to let mom know that it was water under the bridge, and that all was forgiven.

I just wanted to share. Nothing more

--hide--

This is wonderful.

I only hope that you have come to terms with what happened and don't harbor lingering resentments or feels bad about yourself as a result of this treatment.

Nov 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: When I was a child, I was beaten frequently by my mother. I did not understand it, but I can rec...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

When I was a child, I was beaten frequently by my mother. I did not understand it, but I can recall that mom struggled with either depression, or bi-polar disorder. Moving forward to the present I called my parents to say hello, and to keep in touch when for some reason mom decided to bring it up and apologize. I told my mother that I could not recall what she was talking about, and that I could only recall the good things that she did as a mother. I may have told a small white lie, but I felt that it was the best thing to do to let mom know that it was water under the bridge, and that all was forgiven.

I just wanted to share. Nothing more

--hide--
Thank you for sharing this, Daniel. hug

Sooooo many people have some story of pain in their lives, pain which may show itself in some unpleasant way in the present. We see the unpleasant behavior without knowing about the possible cause....like someone with a toothache who acts grumpy. How can any of us NOT choose just to love?

Nov 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Karen-712407 said: Beautiful Daniel!And bless your family Marirose!forgiveness works more miracles than any ...
(Quote) Karen-712407 said:

Beautiful Daniel!
And bless your family Marirose!
forgiveness works more miracles than any other grace!

--hide--
Thanks, she is trying to get out of prison early for good behavior. I forgive her but dont know that 6years is enough for taking a life.

Posts 11 - 19 of 19