Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

I am new to the site ( and dating for that matter) and I am still trying to get the hang of things. At this point I feel like I did not do my due dilligence before siging up for CM. I am learning a lot about what makes a profile more attrctive.I know, I need more pictues of me biking, doing Judo, me with my dogs and my KofC voulenteer work.

But, one thing I can't get a difinitive answer on when I do a Google serch is do you send an e-mail, or an emotigram? I have sent a few emotigrams out with a message that shows I actually (gasp) read their profile. But, are emotigrams still considered as flippant and too easy to do? Would an e-mail show more time was taken to read the person's profile ?

I know, all women are getting deluged with e-mails and winks from all the guys on CM. I just want a guess if the response is a " O, I got an emotigram ( click) delete" or " O, someone read my profile and took the time to send an e-mail, how nice (click) delete." laughing

Oct 29th 2012 new

I forgot to mention that I did some research on this topic and opinions seemed to be evenly split.

Oct 29th 2012 new

I guess the best way to look at emotes and messages would be to look at them like tweets and emails. Essentially, that what they are. Emotes limit messages to 180 characters, while you can publish a book in a message. Since the messaging system has been integrated that's really the only difference between the two anymore.

Oct 29th 2012 new

Ok, thanks. I wan't sure if there was some netiquette that I wan't aware of. One form of introduction being less sincire and all.

Oct 30th 2012 new

I don't feel one is necessarily better or more serious than the other. Even initial emails are usually fairly short.

I think you're on the right track. Emotigrams with a message showing you've read their profile sounds good to me! That said, a blank emotigram doesn't do much in the way of getting a conversation going, but that's my personal opinion. Maybe it works for some people. ...and if you're a non-paying member I suppose that's all that you can do and see.

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-892171 said: I am new to the site ( and dating for that matter) and I am still trying to get the hang of thin...
(Quote) Daniel-892171 said:

I am new to the site ( and dating for that matter) and I am still trying to get the hang of things. At this point I feel like I did not do my due dilligence before siging up for CM. I am learning a lot about what makes a profile more attrctive.I know, I need more pictues of me biking, doing Judo, me with my dogs and my KofC voulenteer work.

But, one thing I can't get a difinitive answer on when I do a Google serch is do you send an e-mail, or an emotigram? I have sent a few emotigrams out with a message that shows I actually (gasp) read their profile. But, are emotigrams still considered as flippant and too easy to do? Would an e-mail show more time was taken to read the person's profile ?

I know, all women are getting deluged with e-mails and winks from all the guys on CM. I just want a guess if the response is a " O, I got an emotigram ( click) delete" or " O, someone read my profile and took the time to send an e-mail, how nice (click) delete."

--hide--

Daniel... We are not getting "deluged" as you put it with Emotigrams and emails. While Emotigrams are easy to send with one liners, I think it shows at least that someone is interested. I think longer emails are better as you're getting to know somebody and you both are interested and want to learn more about each other. Sometimes I send Emotigrams to make a comment about something someone said in a longer email. I just think both serve different purposes. The Emotigram is too limiting and not good enough for someone as long-winded as me. faint

Oct 30th 2012 new

Actually, way too many guys don't respond to either one.

Oct 30th 2012 new

Actually, way too many guys don't respond to either one.

Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-892171 said: I am new to the site ( and dating for that matter) and I am still trying to get the hang of thin...
(Quote) Daniel-892171 said:

I know, all women are getting deluged with e-mails and winks from all the guys on CM. I just want a guess if the response is a " O, I got an emotigram ( click) delete" or " O, someone read my profile and took the time to send an e-mail, how nice (click) delete."

--hide--
Neither one is inherently flippant. Flippant would depend upon what kind of remarks you are making in either of them. Some start off with an emotigram with a brief message (that's all you can squeeze into those); afterward, they graduate to emails. It comes down to personal preference.

You're probably aware by now that not everyone whose profile appears on this site is a paid member; therefore, they might not be able to read any comments at all. They can at least see the emote without any message. If you're trying to crank out a number of them, an emote might be easier and quicker.

Although email messages can be extended, it might be best to be brief at the onset. You're trying to get a person's attention, not dominate all of their time.

Trial & error will show you the way plus.....a lot of patience. Each recipient has her own feelings so what works for one certainly won't apply to everyone. There isn't a one size-fits all deal here.

Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: You're probably aware by now that not everyone whose profile appears on this site is a paid mem...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

You're probably aware by now that not everyone whose profile appears on this site is a paid member; therefore, they might not be able to read any comments at all. They can at least see the emote without any message. If you're trying to crank out a number of them, an emote might be easier and quicker.

--hide--

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Appearantly there is a different mentality on the non denominational sites. My main concern was that the emotigrams may be looked at as coming from someone who was cranking out a bunch of feelers and hoping one of them stuck.

The reason I said deluged is because a couple of the sites I had been to said that women usually get anywhere from 5-20 e-mails or emoticons a day. Must have been one of the few times the internet was wrong rolling eyes

Posts 1 - 10 of 24