Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Nov 10th 2012 new

Flippant? Are you being a smart aleck when you write? scratchchin

I will accept ANY kind of contact..I am not going to reject somebody because they send me an emotigram. I fully accept ALL communication.. You will find others though that think an emotigram indicates laziness in writing..

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: Flippant? Are you being a smart aleck when you write? I will accept ANY kind of contact...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

Flippant? Are you being a smart aleck when you write?

I will accept ANY kind of contact..I am not going to reject somebody because they send me an emotigram. I fully accept ALL communication.. You will find others though that think an emotigram indicates laziness in writing..

--hide--

The way he asked the question gave me the impression that he thought there was a significant difference between emotes and messages. At least that's how I saw it.

theheart

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-892171 said: Thanks to everyone who responded. Appearantly there is a different mentality...
(Quote) Daniel-892171 said:

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Appearantly there is a different mentality on the non denominational sites. My main concern was that the emotigrams may be looked at as coming from someone who was cranking out a bunch of feelers and hoping one of them stuck.

The reason I said deluged is because a couple of the sites I had been to said that women usually get anywhere from 5-20 e-mails or emoticons a day. Must have been one of the few times the internet was wrong

--hide--

I don't know of any woman who posts in the Forums that is getting 20 contacts a day.. wide eyed I'm lucky to get one every couple of weeks from somebody new.

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: The way he asked the question gave me the impression that he thought there was a si...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

The way he asked the question gave me the impression that he thought there was a significant difference between emotes and messages. At least that's how I saw it.

--hide--
Me, too, Victor, just because of how he worded it, plus his comparison to another site where apparently there is a big difference. Communication in any form is welcome on CM.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-892171 said: I am new to the site ( and dating for that matter) and I am still trying to get the hang of thin...

I am new to the site ( and dating for that matter) and I am still trying to get the hang of things. At this point I feel like I did not do my due dilligence before siging up for CM. I am learning a lot about what makes a profile more attrctive.I know, I need more pictues of me biking, doing Judo, me with my dogs and my KofC voulenteer work.

But, one thing I can't get a difinitive answer on when I do a Google serch is do you send an e-mail, or an emotigram? I have sent a few emotigrams out with a message that shows I actually (gasp) read their profile. But, are emotigrams still considered as flippant and too easy to do? Would an e-mail show more time was taken to read the person's profile ?

I know, all women are getting deluged with e-mails and winks from all the guys on CM. I just want a guess if the response is a " O, I got an emotigram ( click) delete" or " O, someone read my profile and took the time to send an e-mail, how nice (click) delete."

--hide--

I don't see either one as flippant. Do whatever is comfortable for you. I have received both and both have opened doors for communication. Even if it doesn't go anywhere, it can be enjoyable to just communicate. If I have to make an effort to talk to someone and am not enjoying myself, it will come to a quick end. It's great if you have a sense of humor and the person you emote or message does too. I have charmed and insulted men with the same comment about their choice of favorite prayer. It's a crap shoot. If you roll bad dice, don't take it personal, move on.

Nov 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: I don't know of any woman who posts in the Forums that is getting 20 contacts a d...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

I don't know of any woman who posts in the Forums that is getting 20 contacts a day.. I'm lucky to get one every couple of weeks from somebody new.

--hide--

Amen sister........ come on guys, lets practice. Send us an email or an emote and see what happens....

Chicken???

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-892171 said: I am new to the site ( and dating for that matter) and I am still trying to get the hang of thin...

I am new to the site ( and dating for that matter) and I am still trying to get the hang of things. At this point I feel like I did not do my due dilligence before siging up for CM. I am learning a lot about what makes a profile more attrctive.I know, I need more pictues of me biking, doing Judo, me with my dogs and my KofC voulenteer work.

But, one thing I can't get a difinitive answer on when I do a Google serch is do you send an e-mail, or an emotigram? I have sent a few emotigrams out with a message that shows I actually (gasp) read their profile. But, are emotigrams still considered as flippant and too easy to do? Would an e-mail show more time was taken to read the person's profile ?

I know, all women are getting deluged with e-mails and winks from all the guys on CM. I just want a guess if the response is a " O, I got an emotigram ( click) delete" or " O, someone read my profile and took the time to send an e-mail, how nice (click) delete."

--hide--

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing eyepopping Really? You think we are all getting deluged with emails or emotigrams? Um, no. Not on here.

Now, if I popped over to my account on a secular site, I have 20 someodd messages per day, but not really any from ayone I'd really consider going out with, much less anything more. It's gotten to the point where I ask guys on the secular site to "tell me about your faith and how you practice that" prior to even a real response. But, on here, I think an emotigram is fine. Generally, I don't think it's flippant at all. The messages will naturally get longer as you get to know the person. But, what do I know. I still just get emotigrams. :)

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Laura-896845 said: I don't feel one is necessarily better or more serious than the other. Even initial emails are u...
(Quote) Laura-896845 said:

I don't feel one is necessarily better or more serious than the other. Even initial emails are usually fairly short.

I think you're on the right track. Emotigrams with a message showing you've read their profile sounds good to me! That said, a blank emotigram doesn't do much in the way of getting a conversation going, but that's my personal opinion. Maybe it works for some people. ...and if you're a non-paying member I suppose that's all that you can do and see.

--hide--

100% agree Laura, plain old emote does nothing for me. Like throwing darts at the board (bored).

Nov 21st 2012 new

I'm guilty. I feel it is lazy in NOT writing. If you like the profile take a sec longer to write: "hi"

Nov 21st 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-892171 said: Thanks to everyone who responded. Appearantly there is a different mentality...

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Appearantly there is a different mentality on the non denominational sites. My main concern was that the emotigrams may be looked at as coming from someone who was cranking out a bunch of feelers and hoping one of them stuck.

The reason I said deluged is because a couple of the sites I had been to said that women usually get anywhere from 5-20 e-mails or emoticons a day. Must have been one of the few times the internet was wrong

--hide--

Yeah I'd say that's about accurate. scratchchin I'm receiving from 0-21 daily. shhh

Posts 11 - 20 of 24