Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Hilda-184281 said: The remnants of the storm are going through Central Ohio right now - 25 to 30mph sustained winds with 35...
(Quote) Hilda-184281 said: The remnants of the storm are going through Central Ohio right now - 25 to 30mph sustained winds with 35 to 45mph gusts. We also have snow showers; my concern is the pissibility of black ice ... I'm getting ready to go to work.
--hide--
Still no electric here on Long Island ,NY ??? How is everybody else out there from this storm??? We have trees all over the place and 7Eleven is making coffee the old campfire was Haha . I lost Internet at home even though I have a generator. Im getting wifi out at the RR station on my lap top and running of my cigarette lighter. Just try to see what is going on out here on the news . What a storm ???

Oct 30th 2012 new
praying for everyone Praying Praying
Oct 30th 2012 new

Wow, you guys were really hit hard. It is terrible.
Here is just raining, with some winds but nothing like you have had. Praying for all of you. The news said there is 7 million without power! Now there are 26 dead over this storm. Praying

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Wow, you guys were really hit hard. It is terrible.Here is just raining, with some winds but ...
(Quote) Cindy-534370 said:

Here is just raining, with some winds but nothing like you have had. Praying for all of you. The news said there is 7 million without power! Now there are 26 dead over this storm.

--hide--
Yeah 90% out here on long island, yet some stores are open with emergency power I just passed a Duncan donuts, there has to be hundreds of people there lines out the door. Everyone needs there caffeen fix I guess. There are service trucks everywhere. none of the traffic lights work, so it is like everyone for them selves, it's crazy. so glad the wifi is working but I will have to get off soon because there are no gas stations opened and I only have a half tank.

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: (Quote) Cindy-534370 said: Wow, you guys were really hit hard. It is terr...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Quote:
Cindy-534370 said:

Here is just raining, with some winds but nothing like you have had. Praying for all of you. The news said there is 7 million without power! Now there are 26 dead over this storm.

Yeah 90% out here on long island, yet some stores are open with emergency power I just passed a Duncan donuts, there has to be hundreds of people there lines out the door. Everyone needs there caffeen fix I guess. There are service trucks everywhere. none of the traffic lights work, so it is like everyone for them selves, it's crazy. so glad the wifi is working but I will have to get off soon because there are no gas stations opened and I only have a half tank.

--hide--

Wow, the inconveniences! The things were are so use to everyday! How in the world are you to get gas? You have to be able to get around? I take it you are out of power too! Be careful and make sure you get something to eat, and stay warm.

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Still no electric here on Long Island ,NY ??? How is everybody else out there from this storm???...

Still no electric here on Long Island ,NY ??? How is everybody else out there from this storm??? We have trees all over the place and 7Eleven is making coffee the old campfire was Haha . I lost Internet at home even though I have a generator. Im getting wifi out at the RR station on my lap top and running of my cigarette lighter. Just try to see what is going on out here on the news . What a storm ???

--hide--

Thomas, do you have heat at home? How cold is it there? Here in Chicago, we are now having serious winds and Lake Michigan waves are getting much taller. They said that we can expect 20-25 foot waves today - actually warning is until Wed. 4PM. Lake Shore Drive is still open, but if waves get higher I expect parts will close down as the road is within 10 feet of the water at some points.

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: Thomas, do you have heat at home? How cold is it there? Here in Chicago, we are now hav...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

Thomas, do you have heat at home? How cold is it there? Here in Chicago, we are now having serious winds and Lake Michigan waves are getting much taller. They said that we can expect 20-25 foot waves today - actually warning is until Wed. 4PM. Lake Shore Drive is still open, but if waves get higher I expect parts will close down as the road is within 10 feet of the water at some points.

--hide--
As of now we have no heat, but it is about 58 outside maybe tonight it might get cold but as long as it doesn't go down to freezing we will be ok. there saying over night will be about 50

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Just thought we would create a thread for anyone who would like to provide updates on how they ar...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Just thought we would create a thread for anyone who would like to provide updates on how they are doing in the north east (if you have powe) and also for our other members to provide thoughts and prayers. Please also tweet us your thoughts, prayers and photos on Twitter @catholicmatch

--hide--

Thank you for posting this Brian.

Praying rosary theheart

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: As of now we have no heat, but it is about 58 outside maybe tonight it might get cold but as lon...

As of now we have no heat, but it is about 58 outside maybe tonight it might get cold but as long as it doesn't go down to freezing we will be ok. there saying over night will be about 50

--hide--
Praying hug Take care of yourself Tom! Sending prayers to all. My cousin in upstate NY was flooded out, as she lives beside a normally docile creek that flows into the Hudson--it became a raging river.

Oct 30th 2012 new
Praying Praying Continuing prayers for all those who may have damage from this storm or who are being affected by the storms path.... Praying Praying hug rosary theheart
Posts 31 - 40 of 57