Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 30th 2012 new

Didnt do to much damage here.Just a mess of leaves to clean up.

Oct 30th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-278516 said: Just thought we would create a thread for anyone who would like to provide updates on how they ar...
(Quote) Brian-278516 said:

Just thought we would create a thread for anyone who would like to provide updates on how they are doing in the north east (if you have powe) and also for our other members to provide thoughts and prayers. Please also tweet us your thoughts, prayers and photos on Twitter @catholicmatch

--hide--

I heard from friends in DC. They too gots lots of rain and very strong winds, but otherwise things are pretty OK in DC.

Oct 31st 2012 new
A friend who is deeply involved in charity work for the homeless was asked to pass this along.

"One charity says it's struggling to bring emergency aid to homeless children and orphans in Sandys aftermath. The Covenant House, which provides aid to homeless youth in 18 locations, saw its numbers rise drastically following the superstorm.

Last night, we sheltered about 1,000 homeless young people from storm-affected states and woke up this morning and the world was upside down in some of those states, said Kevin Ryan, who runs Covenant House."

Ryan said the situation was severe in New Jersey and Manhattan. "We are struggling, frankly, to provide emergency evacuations for all of these kids."www.hlntv.com

How to help - www.covenanthousenj.org covenanthouseny.org
Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: A friend who is deeply involved in charity work for the homeless was asked to pass this along.
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: A friend who is deeply involved in charity work for the homeless was asked to pass this along.

"One charity says it's struggling to bring emergency aid to homeless children and orphans in Sandys aftermath. The Covenant House, which provides aid to homeless youth in 18 locations, saw its numbers rise drastically following the superstorm.

Last night, we sheltered about 1,000 homeless young people from storm-affected states and woke up this morning and the world was upside down in some of those states, said Kevin Ryan, who runs Covenant House."

Ryan said the situation was severe in New Jersey and Manhattan. "We are struggling, frankly, to provide emergency evacuations for all of these kids."www.hlntv.com

How to help - www.covenanthousenj.org covenanthouseny.org
--hide--
I must commend all who reach out to help You get a Gold Star! .May the Lord richly bless them.May hearts be moved to bring help and comfort for all those affected. Praying

Oct 31st 2012 new

Praying

Prayers for those affected by the storm.

Nov 1st 2012 new
Statue of Virgin Mary in Queens, NY, still standing while everything around her is reduced to rubble. Very symbolic!

pubphotos.postbulletin.com
Nov 1st 2012 new
Awesome Mary! Let those with eyes see. Thank you!
Nov 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Statue of Virgin Mary in Queens, NY, still standing while everything around her is reduced to rubble. Ver...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Statue of Virgin Mary in Queens, NY, still standing while everything around her is reduced to rubble. Very symbolic!

pubphotos.postbulletin.com
--hide--

How wonderful!

I'm just wondering does anyone on CM need help of any kind due to what happened with the hurricane? Shelter, clothing, food, etc?

Nov 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Patricia-29176 said: How wonderful! I'm just wondering does anyone on CM need help of any kind d...
(Quote) Patricia-29176 said:

How wonderful!

I'm just wondering does anyone on CM need help of any kind due to what happened with the hurricane? Shelter, clothing, food, etc?

--hide--
Only if you can get rid of the lines for gas, we could use yuor help???

Nov 2nd 2012 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Only if you can get rid of the lines for gas, we could use yuor help???
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Only if you can get rid of the lines for gas, we could use yuor help???

--hide--

I think the only thing I/we could do about that is to pray - then again, that is probably the best thing to do ispray for power to be turned on and more gas to be brought in which in turn should shorten the lines for gas. Praying

Posts 41 - 50 of 57