Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 2nd 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Statue of Virgin Mary in Queens, NY, still standing while everything around her is reduced to rubble. Very symbolic...
(Quote) Mary-486033 said: Statue of Virgin Mary in Queens, NY, still standing while everything around her is reduced to rubble. Very symbolic!

pubphotos.postbulletin.com
--hide--

Wow!
Nov 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Thomas-699657 said: Still no electric here on Long Island ,NY ??? How is everybody else out there from this storm???...
(Quote) Thomas-699657 said:

Still no electric here on Long Island ,NY ??? How is everybody else out there from this storm??? We have trees all over the place and 7Eleven is making coffee the old campfire was Haha . I lost Internet at home even though I have a generator. Im getting wifi out at the RR station on my lap top and running of my cigarette lighter. Just try to see what is going on out here on the news . What a storm ???

--hide--

Hang in there!! crossfingers I've been through a hurricane and lost power for 7 days so i know how you guys feel. Hopefully you and your neighbors have are helping each other and getting thru this. Praying rosary

Nov 3rd 2012 new
My last post for tonight: Thank you all sincerely from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers. God is carrying us through this. God bless!
Nov 3rd 2012 new
(Quote) John-746882 said: My last post for tonight: Thank you all sincerely from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers. God is carrying...
(Quote) John-746882 said: My last post for tonight: Thank you all sincerely from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers. God is carrying us through this. God bless!
--hide--

Prayers for all those affected by this weeks storms!
Nov 3rd 2012 new

Praying

Nov 3rd 2012 new
I've seen some post of CM members wondering what can they do to help and assist in those affected by Frankensorm/Superstorm Sandy. Prayers are paramount. Monetary donations are also needed and the most practical way to assist, and there are several avenues to channel monetary donations (I donated through the Red Cross):

Red Cross Helping Thousands Impacted by Sandy

www.redcross.org

Macy's, Inc. Launches $1 Million Drive for Hurricane Sandy Recovery Efforts

www.dailyfinance.com

Hurricane Sandy: How to Help the Recovery Effort

www.thedailybeast.com

Praying rosary theheart Dove
Nov 3rd 2012 new

Another emergency response partner is the The Salvation Army. They provided us food in our 3 shelters that were operating during the storm and for staff who were working in Philadelphia's Emergency Operation Center. donate.salvationarmyusa.org We were very fortunate and did not get the amount of rain that was expected in the city; however, there were numerous trees that had fallen and downed wires causing more widespread power outages. Our energy company has done a great job restoring power. With the cold front coming, please pray for those still without power in the NE.

Posts 51 - 57 of 57