Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: ATTENTION ALL PROGNOSTICATORS:EXCITING HOLIDAY NEWS... THE THANK...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

ATTENTION ALL PROGNOSTICATORS:EXCITING HOLIDAY NEWS...

THE THANKSGIVING DAY TURKEY SHOOT FOR SEVEN:

Instead of the usual upset specials,dictating our bonus points...

Three correct picks and you receive seven bonus points!

Two correct picks and you receive four bonus points.

One correct pick and you receive one bonus point.

Zero correct and you receive a consolation hug...

REMEMBER:This in effect on Thanksgiving Day ONLY.

ALL PICKS FOR THANKSGIVING WEEK,NEED TO BE POSTED NO LATER THAN 12:00 PM EST,11AM CST,10AM MT,9AM PST,ON THURSDAY.

--hide--
I will be out of town so here are my picks for week # 12

THANKSGIVING Texans over the Lions, Cowboys over the Skins, Patriots over the JETS

Sunday Bears over the Vikings, Bengals over the Raiders, Steelers over the Browns, Colts over the Bills, Jaguars over the Titans, Broncos over the Chiefs, Seahawks over the Dolphins, Bucs over the Falcons, Chargers over the Ravens, Arizona over the Rams, Saints over the Niners, Giants over the Packers, Monday Night Philly over the Panthers..... These are my picks for week # 12

Nov 18th 2012 new

Here is one that I think is funny...and Leon will probably remember it. Back when the Tampa Bay Bucs were an "Expansion (new) Team" in the mid to late 70's...the owner....Hugh Culverhouse (I think his name was) wanted a prolific coach. So he chose John McKay....who for years was an outstanding coach at USC. And they won....as a matter of habit. And, Coach McKay took the school to many Rose Bowls.
His college coaching prowess however...did not carry over to the young Buccaneers team. In fact....Mckay would have to endure MANY losses in a row. And I am not 100 per cent sure...but for years at least...they had the longest losing record of any NFL club.
As he tried to remain positive....he took them into a home game...and felt good about his chances of finally winning one. They did not! After yet another 37-7 drubbing he was greeted by a reporter who was an "in your face" kind of guy (in the locker room) and on the radio. He said, "Coach we heard you supposedly had the team prepared....but instead had to shoulder yet another big loss. What do you think about the execution of your team?" John Mckay was so "dry" in his delivery...and did not miss a beat...saying: "That's a thought!"
(yours truly was LMAO at that one!!!)

Nov 18th 2012 new

Many of you will recall a "huge" back who came out of the University of Kansas. He ran track too. His name was John Riggins. John was 6'2 and weighed 240 lbs. He also posted a 9.6 100 yard dash time! He was an outstanding athlete. If my memory serves me correctly he was drafted originally by the N.Y. Jets. He later was traded to the Washington Redskins. While with them.....he helped take the team to the Super Bowl where he personally "took apart" the Miami Dolphin secondary...scoring seemingly at will. John was also a controversial figure. He would say whatever was on his mind.....whenever.
On time he "held out" for more money on his contract. Instead of settling for what they offered....(a handsome amount) he walked out! So he layed out of football for a year. One year later....he walked into the Redskins training camp.....saying, "I'm broke......I'm bored.....and I'm BACK!! LOL! laughing laughing

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Many of you will recall a "huge" back who came out of the University of Kansas. He ran ...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Many of you will recall a "huge" back who came out of the University of Kansas. He ran track too. His name was John Riggins. John was 6'2 and weighed 240 lbs. He also posted a 9.6 100 yard dash time! He was an outstanding athlete. If my memory serves me correctly he was drafted originally by the N.Y. Jets. He later was traded to the Washington Redskins. While with them.....he helped take the team to the Super Bowl where he personally "took apart" the Miami Dolphin secondary...scoring seemingly at will. John was also a controversial figure. He would say whatever was on his mind.....whenever.
On time he "held out" for more money on his contract. Instead of settling for what they offered....(a handsome amount) he walked out! So he layed out of football for a year. One year later....he walked into the Redskins training camp.....saying, "I'm broke......I'm bored.....and I'm BACK!! LOL!

--hide--
OMGOSH!!! What a funny story, Jerry. Made me think of this song..... laughing laughing

youtu.be

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Here is one that I think is funny...and Leon will probably remember it. Back when the Tampa Bay B...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Here is one that I think is funny...and Leon will probably remember it. Back when the Tampa Bay Bucs were an "Expansion (new) Team" in the mid to late 70's...the owner....Hugh Culverhouse (I think his name was) wanted a prolific coach. So he chose John McKay....who for years was an outstanding coach at USC. And they won....as a matter of habit. And, Coach McKay took the school to many Rose Bowls.
His college coaching prowess however...did not carry over to the young Buccaneers team. In fact....Mckay would have to endure MANY losses in a row. And I am not 100 per cent sure...but for years at least...they had the longest losing record of any NFL club.
As he tried to remain positive....he took them into a home game...and felt good about his chances of finally winning one. They did not! After yet another 37-7 drubbing he was greeted by a reporter who was an "in your face" kind of guy (in the locker room) and on the radio. He said, "Coach we heard you supposedly had the team prepared....but instead had to shoulder yet another big loss. What do you think about the execution of your team?" John Mckay was so "dry" in his delivery...and did not miss a beat...saying: "That's a thought!"
(yours truly was LMAO at that one!!!)

--hide--

Jerry,

I recall the beginnings of the Buccaneers franchise quite well. They started play in 1976 in the AFC and then moved to the NFC the next year where they have remained. They lost their first 26 games. At that time, the season consisted of 14 regular season games. In 1976, they lost those 14 plus the first 12 of the 1977 season. I believe that is still a record. When they finally won on the road in New Orleans, the Saints fired their coach (Hank Stram) after that game. True story.

When the NFL went to a 16 game season, the Lions hold the record for losses in a season with 16 in 2008. From 2007 - 2010, the Lions also have the record of the longest road losing streak at 26 games. After saying this, I hope Linda remains my frined. laughing

Thanks for the memories.

By the way, lady-luck was on the side of the Cowboys and Texans this Sunday. WOW!!

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jerry,I recall the beginnings of the Buccaneers franchise quite well. They sta...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

Jerry,

I recall the beginnings of the Buccaneers franchise quite well. They started play in 1976 in the AFC and then moved to the NFC the next year where they have remained. They lost their first 26 games. At that time, the season consisted of 14 regular season games. In 1976, they lost those 14 plus the first 12 of the 1977 season. I believe that is still a record. When they finally won on the road in New Orleans, the Saints fired their coach (Hank Stram) after that game. True story.

When the NFL went to a 16 game season, the Lions hold the record for losses in a season with 16 in 2008. From 2007 - 2010, the Lions also have the record of the longest road losing streak at 26 games. After saying this, I hope Linda remains my frined.

Thanks for the memories.

By the way, lady-luck was on the side of the Cowboys and Texans this Sunday. WOW!!

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Leon, Leon, Leon,

Now why would you want to bring up such painful memories for this gal?? sad

Wasn't it enough that every late night comic had a "field goal"....I mean "field day" at the Lions expense? (however deserved as it was) wink embarassed

Not to worry though, you can't get rid of me that easy!! Us Lions fans are a tough bunch. laughing laughing hug

Now have a piece of CAAAAAKE to celebrate the Texans win today. wink Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday!

Nov 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jerry,I recall the beginning...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

Jerry,

When the NFL went to a 16 game season, the Lions hold the record for losses in a season with 16 in 2008. From 2007 - 2010, the Lions also have the record of the longest road losing streak at 26 games. After saying this, I hope Linda remains my frined.

Thanks for the memories.

Blessings,

Leon

Leon, Leon, Leon,

Now why would you want to bring up such painful memories for this gal??

Wasn't it enough that every late night comic had a "field goal"....I mean "field day" at the Lions expense? (however deserved as it was)

Not to worry though, you can't get rid of me that easy!! Us Lions fans are a tough bunch.

Now have a piece of CAAAAAKE to celebrate the Texans win today.

--hide--

Linda,

I did go out of bounds in my post. You may justly penalize me. Jerry only mentioned about the Buccaneers and here I went on a needless tangent. Mea cupa.

I appreciate your tolerence. I am glad I received my kisses from your thread before you read this one or you might have made me stand in the corner. laughing

Even though they won, the Texans game on Thursday has made me a little nervous. No more negatives on the Lions from this Texan. cowboy

The cake was great. Thank you.

Blessings, Praying hug rose theheart hersheyskiss

Leon

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Linda,I did go out of bounds in my post. You may justly penalize me. Jerry only me...

Linda,

I did go out of bounds in my post. You may justly penalize me. Jerry only mentioned about the Buccaneers and here I went on a needless tangent. Mea cupa.

I appreciate your tolerence. I am glad I received my kisses from your thread before you read this one or you might have made me stand in the corner.

Even though they won, the Texans game on Thursday has made me a little nervous. No more negatives on the Lions from this Texan.

The cake was great. Thank you.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
Leon,

All is forgiven. Who could stay angry with a "big ole Texan"?? NOT me. wink laughing laughing

And just to prove it, here's another piece of CAAAAAKE. wink laughing Happy Birthday! Happy Birthday! hug

Nov 19th 2012 new

I'm leaving today on a trip to Co for nine days, so I want to get my picks in just in case I don't get a chance to do so before the deadline.

By the way....I currently have 11 correct picks, and we haven't even gotten to tonight's Bears/49er's game. My best week yet. WOO HOO!! laughing laughing

WEEK 12........

THURSDAY NOV. 22ND

Texans over Lions

Cowboys over Redskins

Patriots over Jets

SUNDAY NOV. 25th

Titans over Jaguars

Colts over Bills

Browns over Steelers

Bengals over Raiders

Broncos over Chiefs

Seahawks over Dolphins

Falcons over Buccaneers

Bears over Vikings

Chargers over Ravens

Cardinals over Rams

Saints over 49er's

SUNDAY EVENING......

Packers over Giants

MONDAY NOV. 26TH

Panthers over Eagles

Happy Thanksgiving to all you lovely folks. hug gobble gobble gobble! wave

Nov 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Jerry,I recall the beginnings of the Buccaneers franchise quite well. They sta...

Jerry,

Thanks for the memories.

Blessings,

Leon

--hide--
It sure was Leon.....WHEW! The Browns SHOWED UP! I think maybe the Pokes were looking ahead to RGIII and the Redskins....who incidentally will have large contingent of people at Jerry World himself. As far as the Texans, I think they got their "wake-up" call and will beat the Cats~

Posts 111 - 120 of 200