Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

Nov 8th 2012 new

(Quote) George-80266 said: Georges picks for week 10 Thursday night Indianapolis
(Quote) George-80266 said:

Georges picks for week 10

Thursday night Indianapolis

Baltimore, Denver, NY GIANTS, Miami, Minnesota, New England, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Seattle, Dallas, San Francisco, Chicago,

Monday night Pittsburgh

--hide--
Well, hello George. You do exist. Welcome to our fun football thread. wave

Good luck with your picks. biggrin

Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-513644 said: Wow Gerard. That was a lot of work, thank you. And thanks for rooting on the Colts. I...
(Quote) Nancy-513644 said:

Wow Gerard. That was a lot of work, thank you. And thanks for rooting on the Colts. I'm excited about Andrew Luck ... he's a talented class act.

I wish you and all the best of luck also.

--hide--

It was a huge task,but I think that it will be worth it.Great performance by the Colts.

Nov 9th 2012 new

(Quote) George-80266 said: Georges picks for week 10 Thursday night Indianapolis
(Quote) George-80266 said:

Georges picks for week 10

Thursday night Indianapolis

Baltimore, Denver, NY GIANTS, Miami, Minnesota, New England, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Seattle, Dallas, San Francisco, Chicago,

Monday night Pittsburgh

--hide--

George,

It's good to see you,again...hopefully,you will stick around until the end of the season.Thank you for the picks.

Nov 10th 2012 new

MID SEASON REPORT:HOW WOULD YOU GRADE THE PERFORMANCE OF YOUR TEAM?

The Vikings got off to a good start at 4-1;they have since floundered to 5-4.

Christian Ponder lacks confidence and has made TOO many poor decisions.

He needs to hit the OPEN receiver,instead of trying to thread the needle.

The team lacks quality deep-threat wide receivers.Over the years,they were

loaded at that position:John Gilliam,Gene Washington,Sammy White,Ahmad Rashad,

Anthony Carter,Cris Carter, Jake Reed,Randy Moss,etc.

Currently,Percy Harvin is the number one man,but he is best utilized as a slot receiver.

The new placekicker(Blair Walsh),continues to impress with his accuracy on long field goals

and the percentage of touchbacks.If he remains healthy and has a long career,he might wind up

as the best kicker in team history!

The defense has been inconsistent and doesn't generate enough turnovers.

Overall Grade: C

Nov 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Hahahaha! Got another one. Occasionally, I used to go to one or two Masses during the week. (6:30...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

Hahahaha! Got another one. Occasionally, I used to go to one or two Masses during the week. (6:30) That Mass took a little bit of sacrifice! A few "business types" would go....and the usual devoted attendees. This would amount to about 15 people or less most of the time.

One time I went and heard someone come in and sit behind me. I did not turn around to see who it was. However at the "sign of peace" part of the Mass there was no one on either side of me...but one in front whose hand I shook. I then turned around to look right in the eyes of Roger Staubach! (he lived closer to the Church than I did) He was in a jogging outfit...and had apparently ran to Mass. We shook hands and exchanged "Peace be with you" I then said, "Good luck Sunday" (for this was during football season) He said thanks!

--hide--

Jerry,

The hits keep on coming. My father liked Roger Staubach and he was not a big football fan.I bought him a Cowboys jersey and he wore it with pride(it was #33,Tony Dorsett,I believe...there were no #12's in stock weeping weeping ).Are you sure,that you don't want the narrrator gig?... laughing laughing

I met a member of the Vikings,a long time ago.His name is Mike Jones(tight end,who played for them, briefly).When I lived in New York,I joined the Northeast Viking Fan Club.We would meet on Sundays,in a sportsbar...usually 7-15,people,every week.One day,it was announced that we could meet this guy at a function,near his home in Connecticut(it was the off-season).It was nice,but a little too formal,for my taste.

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: Jerry,The hits keep on coming. My father liked Roger Staubach and he was...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

Jerry,

The hits keep on coming. My father liked Roger Staubach and he was not a big football fan.I bought him a Cowboys jersey and he wore it with pride(it was #33,Tony Dorsett,I believe...there were no #12's in stock ).Are you sure,that you don't want the narrrator gig?...

I met a member of the Vikings,a long time ago.His name is Mike Jones(tight end,who played for them, briefly).When I lived in New York,I joined the Northeast Viking Fan Club.We would meet on Sundays,in a sportsbar...usually 7-15,people,every week.One day,it was announced that we could meet this guy at a function,near his home in Connecticut(it was the off-season).It was nice,but a little too formal,for my taste.

--hide--
Met # 33....Tony Dorsett also. When the Cowboys drafted him in 1976 or 1977 he was the Heisman Trophy winner from the University of Pittsburg. (Another recent great from that school is Larry Fitzgerald) I knew a friend who worked for the owner of several "fitness" centers. They both were about to open one in Plano, Texas. (Tony's eventual home) I found out from my friend they were going to have a "Grand Opening" on "such and such" date with a guest appearance by Tony Dorsett. Even my wife knew how great he was and allowed me to go to the opening. I met Tony who couldn't have stood over 5'10" and weighed maybe 185. (the Cowboys would always list him at 5'11 and 192)

I said, "Well maybe now we can win a Super Bowl since we have you" He thanked me and said, "I just want to make the team man" I said, "What are you talking about? They're not paying you that big contract....only to "cut" you later in the summer!" He laughed. I asked him what he ran the 40 in. (40 yard dash time) He told me "low 4.3's. (I once saw him in the "Super Stars" competition run a 9.5 100!) Anyway I'll always remember the autograph I acquired....not for me....but my wife. "To J.....my best wishes" And signed: Tony #33 Dorsett She was thrilled with that....and I was thrilled my prediction came true. The Dallas Cowboys won the 1977 Super Bowl over the Denver Broncos!

Nov 12th 2012 new

I forgot one slightly important post: youtu.be

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: I forgot one slightly important post: youtu.be

I forgot one slightly important post: youtu.be

--hide--
Great Video, Jerry. Loved seeing Jimmy Johnson and QB Troy Aikman (#8) You get a Gold Star! thumbsup

Just a little observation here....How funny is it that You and I, (two of the biggest Cowboy fans) didn't pick the Cowboys this past week,

While the others here did?? shhh laughing laughing

That's okay though.......I truly was pulling for them to win!!! You get a Gold Star! hug

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Linda-624584 said: Great Video, Jerry. Loved seeing Jimmy Johnson and QB Troy Aikman (#8) Just a lit...
(Quote) Linda-624584 said:

Great Video, Jerry. Loved seeing Jimmy Johnson and QB Troy Aikman (#8)

Just a little observation here....How funny is it that You and I, (two of the biggest Cowboy fans) didn't pick the Cowboys this past week,

While the others here did??

That's okay though.......I truly was pulling for them to win!!!

--hide--
Of course. I know I've been on Romo...but he did indeed "pull off" a play of the game....which seemed to ignite the team. Well....that, and the 82 yard electrifying punt return by Harris. I will be picking them for the next two weeks

Nov 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: Of course. I know I've been on Romo...but he did indeed "pull off" a play of the ga...

Of course. I know I've been on Romo...but he did indeed "pull off" a play of the game....which seemed to ignite the team. Well....that, and the 82 yard electrifying punt return by Harris. I will be picking them for the next two weeks

--hide--
It indeed was an "electrifying" game. I think the Cowboys have that "fire in their belly" now that they seemed to be lacking this season.

Gerard can put me down for the Cowboys as well. Don't know what I was thinking in NOT picking this this past week.

Want to congratulate Gerard and Leon for their teams wins yesterday. GREAT JOB!!! rose clap Bow

Posts 71 - 80 of 200