Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Oct 31st 2012 new

Thanks Peter. Since I usually do most of my giving through catholic charities, I had not used this before. Thankfully Heifer International did pretty well, too. I appreciate this!! heart

Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-302787 said: This is run by Samaritan's Purse.
(Quote) Paul-302787 said: This is run by Samaritan's Purse.
--hide--

I have participated in a couple of them, not exactly Operation Christmas, but some programs run by non-profits to support the families and children of enlisted troops. I also planned and executed variuos P.R. campaigns for this program, thatr was sponsored by my company. The children of our troops that are deployed somewhere in the world are just a little bit more affected by everything around them, when their moms and dads are not home for the holidays and are in a lot of need for help, clothes, toys, candy, etc. I try to support those organizations and have in the past organized collections of all sorts of items to donate to families of troops serving abroad.

There is also a government-sponsored "Support Our Troops" website where people are encouraged to write letters to the soldiers, for whom just getting a touch of love and affection from people in the U.S. is essential to get through the holidays. It used to be run by the Dept. of Defense, I am not sure if they are still the primary supporter. You can go here...

www.supportourtroops.org

Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: Thanks Peter. Since I usually do most of my giving through catholic charities, I had not used...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

Thanks Peter. Since I usually do most of my giving through catholic charities, I had not used this before. Thankfully Heifer International did pretty well, too. I appreciate this!!

--hide--
i usually stick to Catholic Charities too. I'm familiar with the very noble charity Heifer International.

Oct 31st 2012 new

(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said: I'm doing Project Heifer this year Kathy. Money is tight, but the people I usually exchan...
(Quote) AnneMarie-641597 said:

I'm doing Project Heifer this year Kathy. Money is tight, but the people I usually exchange gifts with need NOTHING!! I'm doing honor cards and feel better about this than shopping for things that are not needed.

--hide--

God bless you, Annemarie. It is amazing what a gift like that can do for an impoverished family. You are a sweetheart!

Nov 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: i usually stick to Catholic Charities too. I'm familiar with the ve...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

i usually stick to Catholic Charities too. I'm familiar with the very noble charity Heifer International.

--hide--

There's a big difference between Catholic charities and the Catholic Charities organization itself. They may appear to be one in the same, but they are not.

www.prolifeblogs.com

www.city-journal.org

restore-dc-catholicism.blogspot.com

www.catholicnewsagency.com

www.prolifeblogs.com

theheart

Nov 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: There's a big difference between Catholic charities and the Catholi...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

There's a big difference between Catholic charities and the Catholic Charities organization itself. They may appear to be one in the same, but they are not.

www.prolifeblogs.com

www.city-journal.org

www.prolifeblogs.com

--hide--

With some of the issues that have come up in the past regarding questionable funding by the national Catholic Charities organization, it is also worth mentioning that the local Catholic Charities organizations often do not follow the practices of the national organization. Find out what your local CC is doing and donate to them directly, rather than through the national collection.

Nov 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: There's a big difference between Catholic charities and the Catholi...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

www.prolifeblogs.com

www.city-journal.org

www.prolifeblogs.com

--hide--
Victor I'm sitting here with my jaw in my lap. I'm sticking to my parish, the Little Sisters of the Poor, and the Carmelites. Thank you for posting this information.

Nov 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Victor I'm sitting here with my jaw in my lap. I'm sticking to my parish, the Little Sist...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

Victor I'm sitting here with my jaw in my lap. I'm sticking to my parish, the Little Sisters of the Poor, and the Carmelites. Thank you for posting this information.

--hide--

with you on this, at least I know where my donation(s) are going, charity starts at home....

Nov 12th 2012 new

Just a reminder - this is the week the gift boxes can be dropped off at locations in your city. Just go towww.samaritanspurse.orgto find the location and instructions for packing your gift shoe box for the child with form and label to print out through the site. I believe the boxes can be dropped off this week through next Mon.

Nov 13th 2012 new

I personally think it is more fun to give than receive. One of my best friends and I always exchanged Christmas gifts, but a few years back I suggested we buy something for a needy child rather than for each other, and now we do this every year. Last year we bought for the entire family. We got others involved in it to, and the family had a very nice Christmas. They had gifts to open and food for a nice dinner.

I will definetly do Operation Christmas Child. I think it would be good to involve my granddaughers in this project too.

Posts 11 - 20 of 20