Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Nov 5th 2012 new

I would have to say, make my favorite snack, put on a movie, and soak my feet in very warm water with sea salt......very very nice.

Nov 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: So I got accused of being a liar by somewhat outside of my organization who went so far as to c...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

So I got accused of being a liar by somewhat outside of my organization who went so far as to call a higher up at my organization & tell him I was rude. Which I wasn't. But having to explain it all to the higher up, and my director, kind of killed my day.

So I called my one of my favorite people & vented and waited for them to make me laugh - which they did! Then I cranked up the radio & sang loud. And now I'm inhaling one of my favorite recipes before running off to choir practice and singing more.

What do you do to recup from a crummy day?

--hide--

I still remember the first time somone lied about me to my boss. I was so afraid and embarrassed and thought I would get in trouble. All my boss did was call me and get the facts and then calm me down saying that he appreciated my work and that this will be the first of many to come and that I shouldn't think too much into it.

Unfortunately, anytime you are in a job where a service is provided, there are always going to be disgruntled people no matter what you did for them. And of course, some people will say anything to try and get their money back or get a free service without any regard to the people they may be hurting.

To answer your question, for me, its tough. My personality tends to make me dwell on the crummy days and situations. But I can realize this and offer the situation up to God, realize that tomorrow is another day, go for a jog or get some sort of exercise, and just try to get on with it. Also, no matter how pessimistic you may think you are, you can still make yourself think optomistically. That always helps me out. I've learned that it is sometimes necessary to force myself to think positively and things usually tend to work out when I do.

Nov 27th 2012 new

On crummy days I usually buy myself flowers. The worse the day, the prettier the flowers! They last all week and it makes me feel extravagant! :) Talking it all out with my roommate usually helps or going a a run.

Nov 27th 2012 new

Many days are crummy at my job in town. It's no career so I opt to walk home from work. After a good 4 mile walk where I got to think, pray and calm my mind. By the time I'm home I'm ready for my fulfilling work on the egg farm. Nothing beats the quiet of the country and an hour to just listen and learn what God has in mind for you.

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: So I got accused of being a liar by somewhat outside of my organization who went so far as to c...

So I got accused of being a liar by somewhat outside of my organization who went so far as to call a higher up at my organization & tell him I was rude. Which I wasn't. But having to explain it all to the higher up, and my director, kind of killed my day.

So I called my one of my favorite people & vented and waited for them to make me laugh - which they did! Then I cranked up the radio & sang loud. And now I'm inhaling one of my favorite recipes before running off to choir practice and singing more.

--hide--

Hi Melanie,

I've had days like that as well. On my way home during one of those days I called a cousin who has a similiar sense of humor as myself and told him joke which made him laugh. Making people laugh is always good for me. I also like warm apple cider and blowing out tunes on my saxophone. Weightlifiting and running are good for days when I'm angry with someone or something.

Jan 1st 2013 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: ...What do you do to recup from a crummy day?

--hide--

All the ladies whose answers include anything about running, please contact me so we can talk. :-)

On crummy days, I run, or sleep, or find a good movie. When I lived across the state, I'd go to church. We had perpetual Adoration, and it was my favorite place to pray and reflect. SO peaceful.

Michael

Jan 18th 2013 new
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: So I got accused of being a liar by somewhat outside of my organization who went so far as to call a higher u...

--hide--

Simple

beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer until I forget it all happened HAHHA JK
Posts 11 - 17 of 17